• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'll look until my head starts to hurt, then... well... we'll see... thanks for the tips, though.

And did you read it backwards, Poltergust? That'll help you narrow down your Google results.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
What was the hint for Sonic like? I forget :(
It said:

FAQ

Q:Why is Misty?

A:
FAQ was supposed to be a reference to GameFAQs. On GFAQS, you will find a thread made by Hylian called "Why is Misty?" and it mentions "Infinity From Beyond", a game forum on GFAQS. You go to the forum, find another thread by Hylian saying that Misty found something next to Sandbag. In a character matchup tournament thing GFAQs is doing, Sandbag was currently next to Sonic. Thus, Sonic is the answer.

Something like that lol. All I know is that Sonic broke my winning steak. :urg:

Alopex

Smash Ace
It said:

FAQ was supposed to be a reference to GameFAQs. On GFAQS, you will find a thread made by Hylian called "Why is Misty?" and it mentions "Infinity From Beyond", a game forum on GFAQS. You go to the forum, find another thread by Hylian saying that Misty found something next to Sandbag. In a character matchup tournament thing GFAQs is doing, Sandbag was currently next to Sonic. Thus, Sonic is the answer.

Something like that lol. All I know is that Sonic broke my winning steak. :urg:
That's because you changed your mind and betrayed me for Fox for sex. You had this, man... :lick:

Also, it was Invasion from Beyond, a PSX game. All games have a forum on Gamefaqs.

YumeMaxx

Smash Cadet
LOL nice.

and uhm help on 59? I just want to be done with this madness lol, and it's too long since I've played any of those games.....
Like, as in, you're on the one that ends in 59? Cuz that one has nothing to do with a game.

As for the one that ends in 58, just trial and error the names of all the male characters from "that game"

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Like, as in, you're on the one that ends in 59? Cuz that one has nothing to do with a game.

As for the one that ends in 58, just trial and error the names of all the male characters from "that game"
psh, there's a way to do it using your brain. :)

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Oops, yeah I meant 58..... and I already tried that >.< lol
thanx tho I'll try again :)
It would help if you actually tried to solve the hint for what it is. XP What little black boxes do you see? If you don't see any, you may need to disable something...I did. :p

After you know what the boxes are, do what the questions says; find where they aren't lonely anymore. Take what the page is when you find the place, and then find what his name is.

Yume and I are on 60, Halloween.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok17
What was the hint for Sonic like? I forget

It said:

Quote:
FAQ

Q:Why is Misty?

A:

Something like that lol. All I know is that Sonic broke my winning steak.
ahh thanks :) i remember now. did anyone get that hint right or get on track? o.0 lol

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
ahh thanks :) i remember now. did anyone get that hint right or get on track? o.0 lol
Alopex and quite a few others did; some of us (me and infzy :p) stuck with the Sonic answer for a bit, but then switched over to Fox.

I blame infzy. :<

Also, it was Invasion from Beyond, a PSX game. All games have a forum on Gamefaqs.
Yeah, I couldn't remember. :laugh: Too lazy to check back either...although I probably could have quoted someone and made my life easier.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It would help if you actually tried to solve the hint for what it is. XP What little black boxes do you see? If you don't see any, you may need to disable something...I did. :p

After you know what the boxes are, do what the questions says; find where they aren't lonely anymore. Take what the page is when you find the place, and then find what his name is.
Ah, ha! HAHA, haha, ha. Thanks for your assistance, Sir Bedevere; you know, even before I changed some stuff, I'd even thought along those lines (types of boxes) for a while, then scrapped it since it didn't make sense? Ah well, very well played Overswarm, that was brilliant.

Actually, there were very many really neat puzzles like that all-throughout. I commend your brilliance coming up with all this, especially since it just amounts to nonsense amusement for a bunch of us SWF trolls :laugh:

Alopex and quite a few others did; some of us (me and infzy :p) stuck with the Sonic answer for a bit, but then switched over to Fox.

I blame infzy. :<
I've been blamed a lot lately :laugh:
and I am now stuck on 60.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you guys have any favorites, let me know. I take pride in making puzzles that aren't so difficult that you want to give up, but hard enough to where you can't just breeze through it all in one short sitting.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Actually, there were very many really neat puzzles like that all-throughout. I commend your brilliance coming up with all this, especially since it just amounts to nonsense amusement for a bunch of us SWF trolls :laugh:
I know exactly what you mean! :laugh: Some of the more notables ones are 58, 41, 33, and the series 51-53. Just really fun, tricksy ones that you get a lot of satisfaction out of doing properly/finding the answer yourself. :)

lol, I answered OS' question by accident. XP

I've been blamed a lot lately :laugh:
and I am now stuck on 60.
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ook is hax to figure this out...

APPARENTLY I'M HAX TOO BECAUSE I JUST GOT IT XDDDDDDDDDDDD

I LOVE MY GET THE ANSWER RIGHT AFTER YOU COMPLAIN CURSE LOLOLOLOL

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Haha Bedevere, congrats, we both figured it out at like the exact same time LOL
Grats to both of us! Tied for second, I think we are, lol.

Didja get the character? :psycho:

Ok, 20 is a bit ridiculously small.
Save it to your comp and open it in paint or something. It should be regular sized like that, so you can search the pic more easily. :p

Nooooooooooo D: Last place goes to me

...Still stuck on 60 XP
Honestly, think of the simplest, easiest answer to the question. If you heard someone ask that question, but knew nothing about what he was talking about (as in, the subject matter) what would you say to answer it?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Grats to both of us! Tied for second, I think we are, lol.

Didja get the character? :psycho:
LOL.... I think so, but actually I'm not sure that I have :psycho: so I just fail in general. I think I've exhausted all my mental energy for this kinda stuff. You can have 2nd place, and I get bottom cuz I'm hax anyway for having been slightly involved in this week's hint.

Mega Super Special Awesome Ultra Spoiler Alert:
the ALT says Infzy but I had nothing to do with that, so I guess the answer is just the main character of the suggested game? oh well it doesn't matter I guess.

infomon

Smash Scientist
hahaha I'm stuck on the first video still
........ you shouldn't be at a video, ever :laugh: that means you did the URL wrong.

Honestly, think of the simplest, easiest answer to the question. If you heard someone ask that question, but knew nothing about what he was talking about (as in, the subject matter) what would you say to answer it?
Or, you could catch the reference, lol.

Oops, double-post, sorry.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
LOL.... I think so, but actually I'm not sure that I have :psycho: so I just fail in general. I think I've exhausted all my mental energy for this kinda stuff. You can have 2nd place, and I get bottom cuz I'm hax anyway for having been slightly involved in this week's hint.
Your help in this puzzle and the previous one were massively influential to me even getting this far. You ain't going lower than 2 >:/ (well, tied for 2nd technically means we're both 3rd, but I'll just ignore that lololol).

Mega Super Special Awesome Ultra Spoiler Alert:
the ALT says Infzy but I had nothing to do with that, so I guess the answer is just the main character of the suggested game? oh well it doesn't matter I guess.
I'm quite sure that the text means that anyone mentioned to have attributes like those (like sing) means they aren't part of the hint. From what I can tell, that only leaves 3 characters. The picture can either mean that the character it is from is this week's hint, or that, similar to what is said in the paragraph, it means we should ignore the character from the pic, leaving two options. Unless I missed someone less obvious, that leaves us with a problem lolol. So hopefully its as you said. :p

infomon

Smash Scientist
super secret stuff
Moar secrets:
lol I hope so too... apparently ook didn't have this problem lol. I agree with your interpretation that he "crosses off the list", but one or two of those references are lost on me lol. But I'll stick to my guns, it seems the most reasonable answer.

Edit:
Yeah, it's Geno.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Oh yeah...Stealth reminded me a few minutes ago, but I forgot again until now...yeah. Anyways, here's the updated remaining character pic.

My choice should be obvious.

infomon

Smash Scientist
If you guys have any favorites, let me know. I take pride in making puzzles that aren't so difficult that you want to give up, but hard enough to where you can't just breeze through it all in one short sitting.
I really liked 8, 25, 37, 40, 41, 51, 54, 57.
59 gets honourable mention because knowing it was a reference to something meant I didn't bother "solving" it the first time around, even though that was fun, although I needed to disable my adblocker first which half-spoiled it...

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Maybe that's why I'm stuck on it. Do I have to look around more here, too?

I'm clearly not observant enough to be in Microbiology... yet I am... my career is doomed.
More or less...try google searching the entire paragraph. You may notice something strage about what you searched. Hopefully you'll realise what it means and what you need to look for.

You do have to look around, in a way, yes. :)

And I hate biology. XD Microbiology sounds even more tedious.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I got
hobo and two ads on the page for hobo bags. One ad takes me to shopzilla, the other to designerhandbags101. Neither of these leads have given me something that has worked.
Grr...

infomon

Smash Scientist
I got
hobo and two ads on the page for hobo bags. One ad takes me to shopzilla, the other to designerhandbags101. Neither of these leads have given me something that has worked.
Grr...
Then you haven't found the hobo. Maybe he's hiding.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm stuck on 24.

I think the answer is kinda obvious, I'm just not looking at it right... hint?

Top Bottom