• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

Alopex

Smash Ace
Like, .10 per 1k views. I get $ if you click on ads though. :D

DO IT. =D
You're welcome then, I clicked on the ads sooo many times when the
hobo
one came up... I was convinced those bag ads had something to do with the hint...

Comboking, use the spoiler tags. I'll drop a hint then.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
combo try to put the camera in the same position and look carefully. the thing wasnt too hard to find, but the name, while it seems simple, is actually even simpler then you think.

Alopex

Smash Ace
And it isn't past tense. That killed me when I did that one.

Now then, Infzy, for 58:
What I saw were the two ads on the bottom. Normally, it was just one, but the previous pages all had two up until the fate24 one, which had one. So I looked at the yeti55 page, the first one with two small ad boxes, which has a quote by Kefka, from FF6. So I went back and tried kefka59 and Kefka59. Those failed.
What is it I'm not seeing?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Alopex: sigh, there's not much more I can hint at you, it'll give it away, but this is one of those things you might not get unless you get it. So if Stealth Raptor's suggestion isn't enough for you:
The hint you were supposed to find is yeti. Now think about FFVI. Get it?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Alopex: sigh, there's not much more I can hint at you, it'll give it away, but this is one of those things you might not get unless you get it. So if Stealth Raptor's suggestion isn't enough for you:
The hint you were supposed to find is yeti. Now think about FFVI. Get it?
What?! But I totally tried
umaro!
How does it work THIS time?! Grumble grumble... moving on then... grumble grumble... must've forgotten the number or something... grumble.

The hint tells you you're supposed to look down at a previous page, which had an AYB line in the copyright quote, so that was supposed to tip you to inputting
aybabto
. So, that is a trick, but if you just caught the reference on the candy page alone and knew what to do, then you're pretty smart ;)
Heh, nah, it was just a guess that I took based on this video.

EDIT: Comboking, try using Google for that one. There's only one sentence you need to Google.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVsijmCFs50

Alopex

Smash Ace
What Stealth said.

And now...
hmmm... what does he give me this for...let's see...

Alopex

Smash Ace
Stealth, I'm gonna need your help on the finale here.

I just don't know what he'll give me this for. Bedevere said "Honestly, think of the simplest, easiest answer to the question. If you heard someone ask that question, but knew nothing about what he was talking about (as in, the subject matter) what would you say to answer it?" With that I tried tons of answers, from money to Christmas to free to ever... *hed asplode*

Alopex

Smash Ace
Hah... omg... that was something I thought off way back when and immediately overlooked, just as you said.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'm quite sure that the text means that anyone mentioned to have attributes like those (like sing) means they aren't part of the hint. From what I can tell, that only leaves 3 characters. The picture can either mean that the character it is from is this week's hint, or that, similar to what is said in the paragraph, it means we should ignore the character from the pic, leaving two options. Unless I missed someone less obvious, that leaves us with a problem lolol. So hopefully its as you said. :p
Here's what I have so far:

"You can't just roll yourself out of a bad situation" = Fox -> Do a barrel roll!!

"or sing yourself to sleep" = Jigglypuff

"If you sit still too long and stare at this screen,
1) the eruption will be most damaging..." = Ike -> Eruption
2) maybe even enough to push you over the top." = Wario -> Fart

"It isn't something you can switch out (although some people think so)" = Pokemon Trainer

"but if you love eating a particular red fish you MIGHT be able to" = Red Herring. Anything mentioned is a red herring.

"I'm a big fan of repeat offenders in the sense that they don't not ever don't not never do the not right thing not twice." = Ness -> This one was tricky. But I can explain it if you want.

"http://www.overswarm.com/puzzle2/images/seventeen.jpg" = Mario -> Super Mario RPG

In the end, the only character not mentioned is Lucas. So my vote goes to Geno.

Oops, double post. My apologies. I was positive someone would have posted something by now... =/

infomon

Smash Scientist
"I'm a big fan of repeat offenders in the sense that they don't not ever don't not never do the not right thing not twice." = Ness -> This one was tricky. But I can explain it if you want.
Please explain that to me, I don't get it lol. I figured I missed the references to Ness and Lucas, so the answer was the game from the picture, ie. Geno. But I guess you're probably right.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Please explain that to me, I don't get it lol. I figured I missed the references to Ness and Lucas, so the answer was the game from the picture, ie. Geno. But I guess you're probably right.
Alright,

"I'm a big fan of repeat offenders in the sense that they don't not ever don't not never do the not right thing not twice."

Firstly, of the two characters not otherwise mentioned, Lucas and Ness, Ness is the only repeat offender. So that's the first part.

The second part is the negative-happy phrase, which I translated like this:

they don't not ever -> they don't never = they always
don't not never do -> don't always do = never do
the not right thing = the wrong thing
not twice = thrice

So "they always never do the wrong thing thrice" = they never do the wrong thing thrice

SO: "I'm a big fan of repeat offenders in the sense that they never do the wrong thing thrice."

Why thrice? Because Brawl is the third SSB game Ness has been in. And he's been improved in Brawl, so they didn't do something wrong on the third game (like they did in Melee where he sucked).

Thoughts?

Alopex

Smash Ace
You could also
see "not twice" as once, in which case it would be "they never do the wrong thing once", which would refer to Ness in SSB64, where he owned hardcore and did nothing wrong.

Which is why he was my main back then, yeah yeahuzzz. ;p

Either way, it seems to fit for me. Now I wait for next week.

And if I'm right I'll be totally vindicated for all the times I came here begging for help. D:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ook is the only one that can help you now. :D

Just remember how I think and you'll know for sure.

Top Bottom