• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

XACE-K

Smash Master
again with the failure on legend of zelda references? jesus christ people...

and can someone explain to me what the hell this warp thing is you people keep talking about? what warp?
I think some people have skipped over hints and whent to another one. I'm just guessing because I took the easy way out. :(

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
You should have been paying attention to the titles of previous pages. If all else fails...
Oh wow, I completely forgot :laugh: I guess I should have linked the hints...

@ Vulgar
The warp is fire. You can go from the 2nd hint to the "Hall of the whatnow" hint.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'm stuck on a hint that asks how many hint pages I've seen so far, I seem to have the wrong number, but everything in the general neighbourhood of that number is also wrong, and I'm pretty sure I got to that spot properly. Yikes!

Vulgar: You have to be a little tricksy to find the warp pipe, but it's really quite simple.

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
but what is an easy way out?

you people are confusing me with your "i took a warp!" and "i took the easy road!" and "i googled everything!" how do you "skip" hints? this character hint makes me want to hang myself :(

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I most likely did it wrong, but for the fire warp, I counted the number of characters in the page title. :laugh: That's how I got to the hall of the whatnow.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Bedevere:
I thought that was the way you're supposed to proceed from there :( In that case, I don't know what the legitimate way to go on is. From fire, I mean.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Bedevere:
I thought that was the way you're supposed to proceed from there :( In that case, I don't know what the legitimate way to go on is. From fire, I mean.
If you're stuck on the page that says "How many?", then count the characters in the title, the same title you used to find the first hint. Include spaces. :bee: If its the page AFTER it, use a bit of Google searching.

And lol, once again,
I'm stuck on the treasure hunter one.

infomon

Smash Scientist
If you're stuck on the page that says "How many?", then count the characters in the title, the same title you used to find the first hint. Include spaces. :bee: If its the page AFTER it, use a bit of Google searching.

And lol, once again,
I'm stuck on the treasure hunter one.
LOL. This game is fun :) I knew to count the number of characters in the title on the fire page. That's just how you move on from fire. But I don't know how to use fire as a warp pipe to go forward; that is, I haven't found anything in the source on any other pages (except one that doesn't really count).

And if you're implying that the way to go forward from "puzzle" is "happy", I think you're wrong :laugh: You can actually follow the puzzle instructions to go to "starthere", then "three", then happy.

As for treasure hunting... I guess you didn't play ffvi?

XACE-K

Smash Master
but what is an easy way out?

you people are confusing me with your "i took a warp!" and "i took the easy road!" and "i googled everything!" how do you "skip" hints? this character hint makes me want to hang myself :(
When you are at http://www.overswarm.com/puzzle/happy.php , look at your screen. Somewhere, you should see "When all else fails, use fire". Replace happy with fire and you will have taken the shorter route to the hint.

I used it because I couldn't figure out what to type in. Does anybody know? I feel like a failure for asking. :(

Alphanumber

Smash Rookie
I figured out the treasure hunter one. Takes a little mangling, but you need to search for treasure hunter "exactly". *wink*

After knowing what "treasure hunter" *wink* refers to, the clue is easy since he is a "treasure hunter" *wink*. He does not like to be called what he actually does. *wink* *wink*

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I still cannot figure out
the one saying Jim Dunlop is giving you a red herring

It's impossible.

Though I think it has something to do with
All Your Base

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
LOL. This game is fun :) I knew to count the number of characters in the title on the fire page. That's just how you move on from fire. But I don't know how to use fire as a warp pipe to go forward; that is, I haven't found anything in the source on any other pages (except one that doesn't really count).

And if you're implying that the way to go forward from "puzzle" is "happy", I think you're wrong :laugh: You can actually follow the puzzle instructions to go to "starthere", then "three", then happy.

As for treasure hunting... I guess you didn't play ffvi?
I don't understand what you mean by the first paragraph. @_@
If you really did find the fire page, and counted the number of characters in the title, you'd get a number, and when you enter it in the URL, you'd get to the "Hall of the whatnow" page. If you mean use fire as a warp pipe to get to the answer really quickly...uh...I'd rather not spoil it. <_>

LMAO, so I found a warp pipe right off the bat? Cus I skipped right from "puzzle" to "happy", I didn't even think of putting "starthere" in it. :laugh: And I don't even know how you got "three" out of that. o_O
And no, I haven't played any FF games. :/ I know what to search for now, though, so thanks. :)

infomon

Smash Scientist
I don't understand what you mean by the first paragraph. @_@
If you really did find the fire page, and counted the number of characters in the title, you'd get a number, and when you enter it in the URL, you'd get to the "Hall of the whatnow" page. If you mean use fire as a warp pipe to get to the answer really quickly...uh...I'd rather not spoil it. <_>
I found fire before I found raptor, lol, but then ignored it until I got to Azen's which tells you to use fire. I then solved fire to get to the hall of the whatnow, thx tho. I don't know how to use the warp pipe :) unless it just means to use the cheater page. I don't really have an interest in warping tho, especially since I'm stuck on a hint that disables warping.

LMAO, so I found a warp pipe right off the bat? Cus I skipped right from "puzzle" to "happy", I didn't even think of putting "starthere" in it. :laugh: And I don't even know how you got "three" out of that. o_O
I think I'm the odd one for having used the longer path there lol. "three" just made sense to me, after "getting the hang of it" to get to page two, trying out "three" seemed the obvious thing to do lol. Maybe I'm just crazy? but three leads to happy, so *shrug*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
tee hee

I originally thought "it's really easy for them to skip around here.... I wonder if this'll confuse them? Nah."

I WAS WRONG!

People are so out of order.

BTW, there are like 40 of these pages.

Still 0 people getting it right.

infomon

Smash Scientist
a-ha! I was pretty messed up. No warping for me now. OS, I think I'm on the right trail now :)

Edit: Sir Bedevere, my good man.
Don't use 17 as your fire answer, it will mess things up. The answer is actually three, the number of previous pages that used the "intentionally left blank" message.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
tee hee

I originally thought "it's really easy for them to skip around here.... I wonder if this'll confuse them? Nah."

I WAS WRONG!

People are so out of order.

BTW, there are like 40 of these pages.

Still 0 people getting it right.
Would you be interested in giving a hint?

Tenki

Smash Hero
You should make a 404 page that brings you back to the first step, for the lulz.

Pink-eye

Smash Apprentice
HOLY CRAP. i was on 14 last night, which says to use the sheater hint, so i typed in cheater, and i dont know what to do. and i did the thing where you type three and went on from there....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This just in!

I have surprassed the next $100 goal for my websites self-sustaining advertisement stuff.

You guys are gonna get an amazing hint similar to this with no warps if you all and Panda agree on it. :)

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think the "Ending" Isn't it all to seem to be. Seems like a Trap to me.

There's got to be something more to this, something cryptic.

Edit: Ditto.... But this is insane! Today is Canadian Thanksgiving too!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Guys.

Still ZERO people have solved this from start to finish. Come on now. :)

I dunno who is the farthest without skipping though.... you guys are free to PM me if you think you've reached the end but can't find it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Guys.

Still ZERO people have solved this from start to finish. Come on now. :)

I dunno who is the farthest without skipping though.... you guys are free to PM me if you think you've reached the end but can't find it.
But I found the most hidden shortcut. Does that count?

Do you want us to go all the way through as a challenge, or because the "Ending" isn't really the ending at all? Where the true hint is revealed to those who can solve it all the way through?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
a-ha! I was pretty messed up. No warping for me now. OS, I think I'm on the right trail now :)

Edit: Sir Bedevere, my good man.
Don't use 17 as your fire answer, it will mess things up. The answer is actually three, the number of previous pages that used the "intentionally left blank" message.
:mad:

Are you kidding me!?! I saw that before and was like "Hm, interesting, maybe its
? And I entered it like that without thinking it could be entered
in full form as in "three"
. Silly me. >_<

But I don't get it...all that does is link me back to the
happy page
so...its an infinite loop? o_O

Well, following my original course of action, I'm now stuck on
the most powerful tool page. Not playing FF FTL. :(

Snail

Smash Lord
But I found the most hidden shortcut. Does that count?

Do you want us to go all the way through as a challenge, or because the "Ending" isn't really the ending at all? Where the true hint is revealed to those who can solve it all the way through?
We already know the character for next week, check the previous page. I already figured it out (:

EDIT: And apparently Xivii did too? I never saw that, though. Thought I was the first one... oh well ._.

Overswarm just wants to see who can solve the full hint, without the shortcuts.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Xivii was the first person to figure out who the character was, but 0 people have finished all the puzzles and PMed me them in order. There are many of these. :)

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
:mad:

Are you kidding me!?! I saw that before and was like "Hm, interesting, maybe its
? And I entered it like that without thinking it could be entered
in full form as in "three"
. Silly me. >_<

But I don't get it...all that does is link me back to the
happy page
so...its an infinite loop? o_O

Well, following my original course of action, I'm now stuck on
the most powerful tool page. Not playing FF FTL. :(
*Final Fantasy 6 fanatic*

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I HAVE A PRIZE

The person who solves this and PMs me all of the pages in the order you are supposed to go to ending with where you find the character and starting with puzzle.php....

gets a prize.

I will allow them to create a piece of my next puzzle. I'll make sure it is solveable, but then you will be able to look at it and say "this is why OS loves it so much" as people scramble to figure it out.

Top Bottom