• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussions! FINAL UPDATES: Ness + Lucas. All done!!

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
DK (due to the "Rare" argument), or Fox (the obvious choice). Leaning more towards Fox: when you're me, you learn that there's no such thing as "too easy".

infomon

Smash Scientist
Man. It has been almost an hour since someone has posted. Usually on this thread, people are posting every 10 seconds.
Heh, not really, just we've been spoiled by lots of (wild) guesses this week. And of course, mimic_king's epic double-posts :p

Usually the "discussion" dies down towards the end of the week, when everyone's made their guess and exhausted all clue interpretation potential.

Looking forward to Fox discussion plzkthx!! tho I'm waaaaiting for Sonic and PT ftw :)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, not really, just we've been spoiled by lots of (wild) guesses this week. And of course, mimic_king's epic double-posts :p

Usually the "discussion" dies down towards the end of the week, when everyone's made their guess and exhausted all clue interpretation potential.

Looking forward to Fox discussion plzkthx!! tho I'm waaaaiting for Sonic and PT ftw :)
I swear. That word is can be used ANYWHERE in place of potentially ANYTHING.

"Things you could work on: spacing, DAC usage, edgeguarding, potential."
"Reflex's wario is so potentially epic!"
"Why can't I get my potential down right? What am I doing wrong?"
"That combo vid had no potential combos = failure."
"Wow, what a worthless post. It has like like like no potential."

Seriously though, it's DK

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's Magikarp.

Magikarp is the only character in Brawl that it could be.

I'm so serious about this. Think about it.
The red cap, Magikarp is red.

At 2:44, the room is blue, representing water.
Magikarp is a water type.

In the lyrics:

Everybody on my side
And aint nobody gon against me
I'm rollin rollin rollin
On my way to Mississippi
Nobody is opposed to Magikarp.

And the 'Mississippi' is a river, where Magikarps are found.

Week #25 is Magikarp.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just hate it when people john about Magikarp y'know?

I mean, he's already banned in Italy and he's about to be banned in Japan.
Splash isn't THAT broken. Honestly. And Grimer goes reasonably even with him.

Well okay, Splash is pretty broken.

karp karp karp karp karp.

EDIT:
If you go to the character specific boards, Chaco discovered Magikarp's Splash DI can help him survive Grimer's forward smash well past 200%

Chaco

Never Logs In
Brother Adam and Brother Vyse are both correct.

Karp be with you?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, it makes sense but... it's just like with Fox, it makes -too- much sense.

It has to be moar mindgamez, there's no way they wouldn't save the borken splash for last ne?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I dunno, it makes sense but... it's just like with Fox, it makes -too- much sense.

It has to be moar mindgamez, there's no way they wouldn't save the borken splash for last ne?
On the contrary, I'd say it's taken all their will power not to delve straight into Magikarp.

With a character like Magikarp, they will have wanted to sit back and let his metagame advance. Even today, more and more applications of Spash are being found.

I think the timing is about right for Magikarp. If only because half of America already wants him banned like he has been in Portugal and Japan.

M@v

Subarashii!
Its fox. Finally :D (Rollin'=barrel roll) good hint.

How did I NOT see that?!?!?!?! I feel ashamed as a fox mainer now...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Now you're just waiting on Panda to update this.

Btw, someone here got it right. Like, exactly right. Didn't build off anyone else or anything.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
DK is up. I have an EPIC hint planned for this week, but it will take a bit of setup, so I can't guarantee it will be up today (as I have an exam tonight :/).

Blad01

Smash Lord
I guess Ness for the next week :psycho:

I want to see SBR's point of view on this character, since nobody understands why he's low tier in their Tier List V1... ôO

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like the description on dk, makes him sound quite brutally powerful, a "momentum and punish" character

Top Bottom