• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee - June 7th Winona Lake, IN

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
OK, I'm going to make it official now. I am going to attend ETF3, so you can take me off this list. I definitely come for the Circuit you hold sometime in the near future. Good luck with the tourney!

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
I'm unfortunately working this date due to EtF being pushed back a week, but I might be able to make singles depending on when pools start. I definitely know I will miss doubles.

I get off of work at 2 and could be there in 30 mins flat. You said they would start around 2:30ish, so I would definitely be close. Now that EtF is pushed back, I would love to come to this and check out the venue as well as compete. It would be good practice for the circuit. ^.^

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'm unfortunately working this date due to EtF being pushed back a week, but I might be able to make singles depending on when pools start. I definitely know I will miss doubles.

I get off of work at 2 and could be there in 30 mins flat. You said they would start around 2:30ish, so I would definitely be close. Now that EtF is pushed back, I would love to come to this and check out the venue as well as compete. It would be good practice for the circuit. ^.^
Assuming there's cell coverage, you could keep me in the loop and I can make sure you get added to the pools.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Will there be any Smash at this Magic Tournament?
haha yes i imagine a smash game will break out amidst the all the Magic we will be playing.

Concerning the ride from Cinci, you might want to send a PM to Overswarm and/or Kel and see if they are coming now that ETF is postponed, as they are coming from the Cinci area.

OOOORRRRRR

you can hit up your friends in Cinci that play and try to get some of them to come too! increased attendence equals increased prize pool equals more money you might win!

Kel

Smash Master
Os Won't be back from Ireland until sometime around this date. So the odds of him seeing your PM before the tourney aren't that great.
However, I'm always on Smashboards and I love going to tournaments! I'm sure I'll be going to this, whether that means I'm driving or DR. X I don't know, but I will. So, if you want a ride, we can probably hook you up.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Stage suggestions and questions!

Hanenbow - should probably be banned due to run-away spamming. The level rivals Temple in size and it almost as easily abused.

Eldin - I personally don't mind the stage, but you will see 7-minute matches occur here. It might be in the best interest of the tournament to ban it.

Pictochat and Yoshi Island Melee - Is there a reason that these are banned?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Stage suggestions and questions!

Hanenbow - should probably be banned due to run-away spamming. The level rivals Temple in size and it almost as easily abused.

Eldin - I personally don't mind the stage, but you will see 7-minute matches occur here. It might be in the best interest of the tournament to ban it.
I agree with Hanenbow being a run-away stage. I think it's impossible for Ganon to ever actually catch Sonic thanks to his spring and spindash on this stage.

For Eldin I don't see any problems either. If people really want to camp for 7-minutes then sure, why not. It's not really that broken.

Pictochat and Yoshi Island Melee - Is there a reason that these are banned?
I asked him about Pictochat already and his reasoning is:
DastrnMarco said:
Pictochat makes players unattackable for a short time, and often severely limits the scope of the players movement in a way that hinders natural play.
I respectfully disagree with you about what kinds of hazards are "no big deal."
Pictochat is irritating. Most of the lines drawn in what you call the "non-hazardous" (by which you really mean non-damaging) iterations are still very restrictive to natural competitive play.
I don't know his opinion on Yoshi's Island Melee, but I'm personally fine with it.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to make it to this tourney. No promises as alot of my friends are having graduation open houses. I'll see what I can do.

Edit: I'll be bringing my Magic decks and my Pokemon Deck. Warning: My Pokemon Deck is buh-roken. Better bring your best.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
I should be able to make it there with Brahma. Live about an hour away.

Big and Squishy? Lol we agreed on that Brahma :p?

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
So....I think this should change from "Smash and Coffee" to "Card Games and Coffee, maybe with some Smash too".

Who agrees?

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
what format is your pokemon deck? and what is it if you dont mind me asking =)?
It's w/e the name of the format is for "anything goes". It's still follows rules like 4 of any one card and such, but it has cards from the very first set and on. Bill and Prof Oak and such. It's my own take on the classic Haymaker deck. It uses a couple of the newer Charmander and Charmeleon cards. When I hit the right cards (which happens often with Oak in the mix) I can do 120 damage by the second turn. I don't know much about the newer sets so there's probably something uber broke that beats it easy, but till that happens, I'll keep lauding my deck to be awesome rapesauce.

I totally agree to the namechange. lulz

Edit: Tinkles, you're coming to this?

Zjiin

Smash Master
It's w/e the name of the format is for "anything goes". It's still follows rules like 4 of any one card and such, but it has cards from the very first set and on. Bill and Prof Oak and such. It's my own take on the classic Haymaker deck. It uses a couple of the newer Charmander and Charmeleon cards. When I hit the right cards (which happens often with Oak in the mix) I can do 120 damage by the second turn. I don't know much about the newer sets so there's probably something uber broke that beats it easy, but till that happens, I'll keep lauding my deck to be awesome rapesauce.

I totally agree to the namechange. lulz
In Magic, the "anything goes" format is called Type I. I'm interested to hear what Pokemans call it.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
In Magic, the "anything goes" format is called Type I. I'm interested to hear what Pokemans call it.
MTG recently gave names to their types. Type 1 = Vintage. Type 1.5 = Legacy. Type 2 = Standard. I've got a super dumb Vintage deck that I'd be willing to MM somebody with. Any takers?

Zjiin

Smash Master
MTG recently gave names to their types. Type 1 = Vintage. Type 1.5 = Legacy. Type 2 = Standard. I've got a super dumb Vintage deck that I'd be willing to MM somebody with. Any takers?
I would MM you, but "vintage" desks that i have are seriously broken. Maybe i'll bring some decks i can actually have fun with.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
I would MM you, but "vintage" desks that i have are seriously broken. Maybe i'll bring some decks i can actually have fun with.
Vintage really isn't fun. At all. Kind of like traditional in YGO. Not fun, just ridiculous.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't have any pokeemans or yu-gi-omg cards but magic is definitely happening. Most of my cards are from 4th edition, ice age, and that whole time frame, although I won't play those decks as they will get *****. I'll probably be playing some sort of artifact deck with the artifact/lands from a few years back.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh hey did you guys wanna play some smash, you know, like in between card games?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
triplepost

I put a confirmed/unconfirmed list on the first post. If i have you categorized wrong, let me know.

I also need to know who can bring a setup. I need TV's and wii's. I've got 2 maybe 3 wii's to use that day, so we will need about 3 more. If you can bring a TV, that's a huge help.

Top Bottom