• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

Jamwa

Smash Champion
why has thread title not been changed to "deez' and dread's deliberately divergent discussion"

omg modz are never on ausbawds petition to make
star
/\
< >

the new mod

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman

Baron Omega

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaronOmega
I guess I can say I did alright today despite being late n **** and not feeling well up to it during. I needed more practice but time was an issue within the weeks coming up to the monthly but other than that I would love to give a shout-out or two.

Boozer: great playing you even tho I was heartbroken that I lost at the end of game 3 I still was able to have a relaxed and funny match with you in the end, I hope next time I will be able to take a match off you. It was certainly good to see you again as always and I am always guaranteed a laugh from you. mwah <3

Kevvlar: well played my son you have grown into a stronger player than before and for the first time you took a game off me against my Yoshi haha :p keep at it mate, perhaps one day you will get higher placings and take down more people. just keep at it. and eat your vegetables.

Revax: Jeez Louise a bucket of bloody cheese I do not know how you do it man but you can certainly get into my head for whatever reason. Keep up the performance man it will take you places

Bryce: sorry I wasn't around you much to be perfectly honest I was barely around anybody and mainly kept to myself today but other than that it was good seeing you once again as always

EvenStephen: always good seeing you as always keep up the good work dude you will one day prove yourself to tibs :D

NSR: keep trying man all I think you need to do is learn the Sheik match-up and you would be sweet.

Jei: I don't know how I will get up there with the rest of the boys but seeing that I taught you something while watching me play friendlies means a lot to me and motivates me more to get better.

Bijou: "****ing Bijou!!" lol jokes aside man it was good seeing you today even tho I wasn't around people that much in general

Rhyno: Thanks for acknowledging my existence hahahaha but yeah good seeing you as always mwah <3

Mar: Good job on beating so many people, your waifu will be proud :bee:

for any others I missed thanks for a good day and sorry for those who didnt see me too much and found me quite illusive for I was everywhere and anywhere. I hope to actually get some good practice in and not fall back any further haha.

Baron:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
HANDS OFF MY BREAD
shmot is back baby!

shoutouts to being too tired to strike the stages I meant to and being good at jigglypuff (get off my character dave) Ft. my boy Jared on the foxerino-double-smell-ya-later edgeguards.

also shoutouts to that dude that asked for tips during our melee set, and Bu$ for exposing the Bu$ta

btw Jamwa $70 > $55 you'll never beat me at anything (pls not mention melee doubles set history ty ty)

and finally, congratulations to everyone who feels they learnt something.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
17th, I'm real happy with that. Shoutouts to eveyone that played friendlies with me, I lost track of all of you lol. I felt real good with how I played, BAM was a massive confidence boost for me and I feel good going into the future.

Shoutouts to Spud for inspiring my Marth, he's a good secondary for me.

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Hey guys,

Just posting to say thanks for another great tourney, lot of fun especially since I hadn't played anyone since the last Couch Warriors due to missing BAM.
Really nice to keep seeing familiar faces and some new ones as well each time I go. Hopefully next month will be just as good.

Kevvlar

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dreamrend
3DS FC
1392-6579-0349
I guess I can say I did alright today despite being late n **** and not feeling well up to it during. I needed more practice but time was an issue within the weeks coming up to the monthly but other than that I would love to give a shout-out or two.

Boozer: great playing you even tho I was heartbroken that I lost at the end of game 3 I still was able to have a relaxed and funny match with you in the end, I hope next time I will be able to take a match off you. It was certainly good to see you again as always and I am always guaranteed a laugh from you. mwah <3

Kevvlar: well played my son you have grown into a stronger player than before and for the first time you took a game off me against my Yoshi haha :p keep at it mate, perhaps one day you will get higher placings and take down more people. just keep at it. and eat your vegetables.

Revax: Jeez Louise a bucket of bloody cheese I do not know how you do it man but you can certainly get into my head for whatever reason. Keep up the performance man it will take you places

Bryce: sorry I wasn't around you much to be perfectly honest I was barely around anybody and mainly kept to myself today but other than that it was good seeing you once again as always

EvenStephen: always good seeing you as always keep up the good work dude you will one day prove yourself to tibs :D

NSR: keep trying man all I think you need to do is learn the Sheik match-up and you would be sweet.

Jei: I don't know how I will get up there with the rest of the boys but seeing that I taught you something while watching me play friendlies means a lot to me and motivates me more to get better.

Bijou: "****ing Bijou!!" lol jokes aside man it was good seeing you today even tho I wasn't around people that much in general

Rhyno: Thanks for acknowledging my existence hahahaha but yeah good seeing you as always mwah <3

Mar: Good job on beating so many people, your waifu will be proud :bee:

for any others I missed thanks for a good day and sorry for those who didnt see me too much and found me quite illusive for I was everywhere and anywhere. I hope to actually get some good practice in and not fall back any further haha.

Baron:4yoshi::4yoshi::4yoshi:
Thanks a lot, dude. Means a lot!
Next time, the whole match is mine. ^^

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Shout outs:

PM

@ Meredy Meredy : Had a lot of fun playing against you in friendlies. We should do it more often and keep up the good work with Ivy. :)

@ Timic83 Timic83 : Our first set was amazing close. Your shiek is very scary and so glad I can push through it even with ganondorf. Game 3 was last hit and I was lucky enough to get it, solid snake all round. Have to say you played amazing in our 2nd set and I was off, and being off in shiek vs ganondorf MU is a dead ganondorf. I was more annoyed at my performance then the actual outcome, you deserved the win and congrats on it. Hope next time we vs will be more like our first set. Huge congrats on 3rd place. :)

@Hughie : What can I say other then your an amazing and well respected player and every set we have had so far has been a close one yet I have won both times. Keep up your great work in melee and PM and hope to vs you again at the next monthly. :)

@ Redact Redact : I really enjoyed this set. I felt like I actually came close to beating you in game 1 and 3. I feel like I learnt a lot from this set and hopefully will help me out in future sets against falcon. Congrats on 1st. :)

Smash 4

Cazza: This was a fun set even though I beat you quite easily. Ganondorf is a tricky character to vs at times and I'm sure you'll get better in time. Keep at it. :)

Passengern: This set was a really fun one. I felt like you probably should have one the set cos of game 1. Keep up your yoshi and if you ever need yoshi help, we have plenty of amazing yoshi mains. :)

Ignis: I had fun in this set even though it was one sided. Even though I have looked up the Luigi MU online, applying it in tourney was hard and your such amazing player all round, I didn't have much hope but I felt I gave it a real crack. Thanks for the little talk afterwards, always good to hear what someone else has to say. :)

DJH: Just want to say that your Dedede was amazing and love how you went about playing him. Ganondorf vs Dedede was hype and was such a fun match. For game 2 I went Bowser Jr as he is so much fun and I love him to bit and knew he would do amazing well against Dedede. Game 3 I was thinking of jumping back to ganondorf to stick with my original plan but you changed to Wario. I had no idea what that character can really do. You played solid all round and congrats on the win. :)

Shout out to the brothers I played friendlies with for a hour or 2. I didn't catch your names but we should do it again some time. Thanks for the compliments on my Ganondorf and Bowser Jr. :)

Mar: For the friendlies and taking in my advice. I would love to watch you more and learn on how you can improve. :)

@Villyness (V) : Always good fun talking to you and hope to get some friendlies in next time. I know you'll get top 3 next tourney. :)

@boozer : Congrats on 5th place! Maybe I was wrong about you changing to Bowser over Charizard. :p Keep up the good work. :)

Shout outs to anyone I have missed. Your all awesome!

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
The next event is Smash Lab: June 27th from 6pm at Alchemist's Refuge in the CBD. Event details can be found on the Melbourne Melee Facebook page, the VIC Smash Facebook group or here.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
any talk of new venue?
If you've got anything in mind, we're all ears.

It's hard to find a venue bigger than what we currently have, aside from CQ or similar (which isn't financially viable). We could potentially move away to a more secluded location, but that brings about its own problems.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Obvious solution would be to hold our events on different days to the FGC?
That would give us that extra little space boost. Might hurt the rest of CW but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Obvious solution would be to hold our events on different days to the FGC?
That would give us that extra little space boost. Might hurt the rest of CW but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like to think merging with the FGC was the best move we ever made. Sometimes it's a little inconvenient, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.

We might be getting a little big for our boots...

Bu$

HoC
Has anyone looked into the exhibition center room prices? I feel they will definitely be pricey but they have the room and will give us to the peace of mind to keep pushing the expansion of our scene without having to worry about the numbers.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, i already checked there but they don't seem to have prices on the site. I'll assume they give people a quote price depending on the room. was just wondering if anyone had check the rooms out as an option m8.
When I enquired a while back they asked for things like company ABN and postal address so I just nope'd out of there.

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
I shall bring my amiibo league to this month's event so that I can actually challenge people in friendlies. I'll also bring a few NiB figures to the event as well to see if an amiibo fights better when trained by people who actually know what they're doing. Or maybe I'll just trade one of them for Shulk, I don't know.

But assuming that I can't find any traders stupid enough to trade a unicorn for a semi-rare, what attributes should Dank Pit the Dark Pit and Wizarrobe the Ganondorf have? And what should my Palutena be called?

Top Bottom