• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
great venue, shame i couldn't stay longer.

thanks for the controller jei! will pass on some bucks to you for it soon

shoutouts: omg tibs got buff <3

Danza

Smash Apprentice
Great Venue...

Ledge: good friendly games, you're Meta Knight is really good, and Diddy Kong.

Jei: good games, i can see there is no point having a Pit ditto with you, as your Pit is alot better than mine... i once mained him. Also it was funny how R.O.B stood a better chance than Meta Knight did (yet he is in god tier -_-).

Sebby: good games, i will admit you would have won the Meta Knight vs Meta Knight match if the game did not trip you when i used down smash... but very good Meta Knight, Snake also.

Leisha: good games, the R.O.B ditto match was crazy, but very fun, really good R.O.B, i don't know why i wasted another chance by choosing Meta Knight in the second round.

Shmit (i think it's spelled like that): good games, a Lucario ditto would have been good, as i use him also, great Lucario though, i actually find it nearly impossible to beat R.O.B with Lucario.

The person who played with R.O.B and G&W (i forgot you're name): good games, really fun R.O.B ditto match, you're R.O.B is very good, and most likely you play Game & Watch better than i do, so intense.

Surely, am not forgetting anyone...

Apart from the massive lag i was getting on the CRT TV's, it was a good tournament, i don't play on CRT TV's at all, only on LCD, which gives out no lag, unlike the CRT TV's (no experience at all).
At some points today, i could not perform my moves correctly on the CRT, compared to at home i can, there is a huge difference between LCD and CRT, i prefer LCD way more as it gives out less lag. I play Meta Knight less stupid on LCD than on CRT lol, today was a bad performance, he cost me some matches, R.O.B always feels so slow on CRT.
Because of the huge difference of play style, i will never win a tournament, or even get close to winning one.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Danza: Yeah man your ROB was impressive. I enjoyed that game, I wish we played more.

Vermy: Yaaaay ily

Tibs: Bad luck man, with everything. The Pika SD, the Diddy games, doubles :( It was fun though.

Earl: I swear I tried in our last game but whenever I play you I feel like there's no point. Congrats on the win and stuff. Mad fun doubles matches.

Gary: You played on a whole other level. It was quite amazing. Nice seeing you again I always enjoy your company.

Leisha: Nice placing. You play....good. This tourney ran so smoothly too.

Cao: Peach.

Dekar: I let you win in our friendlies to give you enough confidence to take the melee bracket. I'm a good pal like that.

Toshi/Joey/Robsta/Redact/Steve/Tommie/Schmit/everyone else: Nice seeing you all.

Fenix/Dom/Wayne: Thanks for coming guys, I hope you enjoyed your first real tournament. Sorry about having to play each other in bracket. I actively tried to avoid that and the exact opposite happened.

:phone:

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
lag only happens on a CRT if you have the game set to 50HZ (which was the case on some brawl units yesterday). just change the settings to 60HZ.

tibs7

Smash Champion
hey guys pretty good tourny mostly fun so it was cool.

shoutoutssss
everyone in my crew: sorry sding was my thing that day sooo yeahhh :( lol
slobsta: gg's JC shining me on PS lol where did that come from.
earl: sd'ing against metaknight really makes you not want to play because its almost impossible to catch up.
nicks: got pika'd pretty hard ;)
jei: if only i hadnt Sd'ed lol. i seem to do it alot against you. im way to impatient. oh and our team was lols we shouldve taken WAAAY more games off everyone but it sadly wasnt case. hope to do it again some time.
deks: played you like twice and you're pretty bad. but thanks for lift :)
redact: 2g in melee. dont really know how to punish a smooth falco. i need to practice hard tech for bam. cant wait for meets.
caos: sucha boss. so happy playing smash :) i liked our friendlies. wanted to play with you but you had left :(
leish + viva: lol sighhhh next time jei and i wont sangbad!! :) hehe
mozart: i think thats your name. umm you were pretty good, never seen you play before. but yeah you kept spot dodging downsmash. pretty punishable stuff. try mixing it up
joey: <3 the focks main now? lol so funny, your shiek was probably the funniest shiek i have ever seen. oh man so good. infact 2g. see you at bam
ledge: picking up diddy lol brave move, but hopefully you can pull it off. need to play more campy i think.

oh and im gonna try to go to one of these fountain gate tourny's and play pikachu hehe. go to next one? jei?leish?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Oh I forgot Nicks. Yeah I didn't even know you picked up olimar and then I see you are quite good with him.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Was fun, love the new location, almost walking distance from mine xD.

Shoutouts:

Earl: Good games and grats on win. As you could probably tell I played a lot better earlier in bracket, it drained a lot of energy from me to play like that all day. Hope I can get some stamina going to keep up with you eventually.

Jei: Grats on beating Tibs. It's a pleasure to have you company as always too :3.

Tibs: Well eventually diddy and MK are hopefully going to be both mained evenly, the characters compliment each other well imo. Lets play more next time.

Leisha: You're getting better. Good to see you again :).

Nicks: Yeap, I was so afraid of playing you that I beat Earl to avoid it. You forced me to use my power and now people are gonna catch on :O.

Toshi: It's great teaming with you GJ. Cool hanging with you.

Joey: lol. Cool hanging with you too.

Dean: Didn't see you much, I guess I'll see you this Wed though.

Viva: Didn't see you much either, GJ with trolling Jei and Tibs in doubles and winning lol.

Jamwa: How to beat diddy? Probs the best way is to learn how to play diddy and to use bananas well. But other than that, it's about waiting for the right opportunities to approach. It's all about momentum, if you can keep nanas away from him, his defenses aren't as good; if he has nanas, be very patient. Also if you aren't yet confident with using bananas really well, just throw them away from diddy if you have the chance. I dunno, we'll play some friendlies next time. GG's though.

Danza: fun friendlies. Cao is right. Also sometimes people bring LCD's too. If you're really uncomfortable, there's normally a solution to the problem with these tourneys.

Cao: Good to see you again. Think that was the first time we played in like 2 years or something, lol.

Dekar: Need to practice some brawl and those instant ledge grabs me thinks :p.

Vermy: Good to see you again too, it's been soo long. Hope you had fun and decide to start playing again.

Sebby: GG's, MK dittos are so fun. Snake v MK takes a lot of practice to be consistent, don't be discouraged from our game.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Apart from the massive lag i was getting on the CRT TV's, it was a good tournament, i don't play on CRT TV's at all, only on LCD, which gives out no lag, unlike the CRT TV's (no experience at all).
At some points today, i could not perform my moves correctly on the CRT, compared to at home i can, there is a huge difference between LCD and CRT, i prefer LCD way more as it gives out less lag. I play Meta Knight less stupid on LCD than on CRT lol, today was a bad performance, he cost me some matches, R.O.B always feels so slow on CRT.
Because of the huge difference of play style, i will never win a tournament, or even get close to winning one.
you have no idea in the slightest at all if you think CRTs lag

please do not ever post again about crt vs lcd if youre actually going to claim crts lagged

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You know that when it's hard to tell if someone is trolling or just legitimately stupid, that's not a good outlook on the guy posting...

Splice

Smash Hero
a true troll would sacrifice public regard for the salty tears of many.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Hey guys wondering if people would want a smash meet at slhq in like a week or two?
I'll ask Ali if we could and how much he would charge. post if interested!! :)

Danza

Smash Apprentice
lag only happens on a CRT if you have the game set to 50HZ (which was the case on some brawl units yesterday). just change the settings to 60HZ.
you're right, i have once played a game on a CRT that supported 50/60 HZ and i changed it to 60 HZ, it seemed faster than 50 HZ. But yeah at the Tournament that Samsung TV (1st tv to the entrance), i did not suffer much lag from, as it most likely supports 50 and 60 HZ together. I don't know how to even change the HZ on brawl, i want to test it.

you have no idea in the slightest at all if you think CRTs lag

please do not ever post again about crt vs lcd if youre actually going to claim crts lagged
actually, the lag on CRT tv's vary, some lag more than others, some less... you maybe think LCD are laggier than CRT because you are more used to playing on CRT instead of LCD, im the opposite so it's why i think CRT have more lag.
Have you even played Melee or Brawl on both TV's ?. If not try and tell me which have more lag.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey guys wondering if people would want a smash meet at slhq in like a week or two?
I'll ask Ali if we could and how much he would charge. post if interested!! :)

I would be keen for a meet this week if possible lol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
My bday is coming up, let's use that as an excuse to have this meet.
The SL guys have already given the thumbs up..

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
you're right, i have once played a game on a CRT that supported 50/60 HZ and i changed it to 60 HZ, it seemed faster than 50 HZ. But yeah at the Tournament that Samsung TV (1st tv to the entrance), i did not suffer much lag from, as it most likely supports 50 and 60 HZ together. I don't know how to even change the HZ on brawl, i want to test it.

actually, the lag on CRT tv's vary, some lag more than others, some less... you maybe think LCD are laggier than CRT because you are more used to playing on CRT instead of LCD, im the opposite so it's why i think CRT have more lag.
Have you even played Melee or Brawl on both TV's ?. If not try and tell me which have more lag.
My head hurts

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Interested
will persuade Seb.

I want to practice against Pit and Diddy.
conversely if anyone is having trouble beating Atilla's Lucas i can offer some help.
someone bring a P:M setup please, im not allowed to hack my friends wii :/

danza is obviously meta-trolling

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well one thing is for sure, no shortage on tvs <3.

Might come if the dates suit me as well, although I'm ages away from Fitzroy. (Should be okay providing the meet doesn't end super late.)

tibs7

Smash Champion
ok great enough interest is here.
now what day to people want? saturday?
i dont want saturday :( id raather sunday or friday. buuuut yeah
when is best for people? and this weekend or next weekend?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Well we can't decide on a date until the SL guys tell us when they can have us. I'm pretty sure it will be okay but it would be bad if we just show up and they can't have us.
I think there's a Virtua Fighter 5 presentation or some crap on this weekend, but that should be on a Friday.

I'll ask what date works for them and I'll report back asap.

tibs7

Smash Champion
lol yeah i know we cant just rock up but we dont even know what date and day to ask for.
so thats why im asking what these guys want

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Just found that this weekend isn't available. Next weekend is being looked into.

It seems that they are keen to have us on Sundays anyway, apparently they have fighter tournaments on Sundays and smash can fit right in.

Oppon Gangnam Style yo.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay full results.

Singles

1: Earl
2: Ledge
3: Jei
4: Tibs
5: Leisha
5: Nicks
7: Danza
7: Viva
9: Tommiee
9: Sebby
9: Jamwa
9: Fenix
13: Mozart
13: Steve
13: Toshi
13: Dom
17: Dean
17: Matt G
17: Vermy
17: Schmit
17: Nido
17: Adam
17: Wayne

Doubles

1: Ledge + Toshi
2: Earl + Nicks
3: Leisha + Viva
4: Jei + Tibs
5: Sebby + Jamwa
5: Dean + Mozart
7: Nido + Adam

SL.Chris

Smash Cadet
Re: Smash@ShadowLogic HQ

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris, I was the guy at the rego desk on the weekend and am also the one who was responsible for organizing a dedicated space for Smash at ShadowLogic HQ.

I hope you all had a good time at the event and enjoyed the new venue, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet all of you and introduce myself in person.

Some of you may have already heard, but I am looking into the idea of making the setup you saw on the weekend a permanent part of SLHQ, provided there is enough interest from the Smash Community.

Ultimately, I would like to get to the stage where not only do we have our own TV's but we also have our own consoles and copies of the game, so whenever there is a tournament or
a meet, the only thing you will need to bring is yourself and your controller.

The goal of ShadowLogic HQ is to establish itself as the central Hub in Melbourne to promote and grow competitive gaming. Currently our main focus in on Fighting Games, which no doubt includes you guys but over the coming months we will be looking to expand into many other genre's in both the console and PC platform.

So I would like to take the opportunity to ask you guys:

- If a dedicated space for Smash at SLHQ is something you would like to see in the future.

- If you have any additional feedback about the event on the weekend, whether that be in regards to time, date, setups, pricing etc.

- And if you have any other suggestions on how we could improve the space so you guys can have bigger and better events in the future.

I see there is already a keen interest to continue running events at SLHQ so feel free to let me know any additional thoughts and I'll do what I can to make sure the Melbourne Smash Community continues to thrive.

Thanks. :)

tibs7

Smash Champion
Hey Chris,

you guys did a great job with the space dedicated to smash
and having your own consoles there would be good but make sure you dont buy the new wii version!

also with the wii's they would not be hacked, like most of ours so saving replays/unlocking chars could be a problem i think.
someone correct me if im wrong :)

peace

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
it's true. the newest wiis don't have gamecube controller ports or backwards compatibility with melee either. as long as the wiis have gamecube controller ports, they are good.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
You'd have to buy them all second hand I think. Which obviously poses a problem.

Also, if they do get their own wiis, hacking wouldn't be a problem; it only takes a few minutes when you know what you're doing.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
You can get second hand wii nowdays for under 100 bucks.

The brand new black wiis with mario kart bundle is around 190 I think. I dont know if this is the newer model though without the gc ports, ill have to look into that.

So they're pretty cheap, and hacking is easy since there wont be anymore updates and every version can upgrade.

Top Bottom