• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official + Smash 4 [VIC] General Thread - Next events: MILTIM 11 JUN, CWMELEE+PM 18 JUN, CW S4ROA 25 JUN

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Next tournament is Miles' Warehouse 2 (MW2) - 3/4th of January.

Next tournament run by CouchWarriors will be SATURDAY 24th of January 2015.

Also the following dates (all Saturdays) have been booked by CouchWarriors for Ranbat tournaments;

February 21st
March 21st
April 18th

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Next tournament is Miles' Warehouse 2 (MW2) - 3/4th of January.

Next tournament run by CouchWarriors will be SATURDAY 24th of January 2015.

Also the following dates (all Saturdays) have been booked by CouchWarriors for Ranbat tournaments;

February 21st
March 21st
April 18th
Thanks for the super early notice Joey!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
For future, can I request that anyone who owns small sets of speakers bring them also? Playing smash with no volume is really difficult.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
I think this will be my last tourney in Australia guys. I hope I get a chance to see old friends here while there's that chance :)

Skeletom

Smash Journeyman
Do we know who was putting up vids from Dec ranbat?
Don't wanna be a pain in the ass but I'm super keen to review my matches.

Last edited:

Izzago

Do we know who was putting up vids from Dec ranbat?
Don't wanna be a pain I'm the *** but I'm super keen to review my matches.
I was thinking the same thing. I feel like I played particularly well (considering how scrubby I am) in my matches. Really interested to see if I actually did play well, or if I was simply lost in my own hype.

Hughie

Smash Lad
I'm trying to find a decent time to upload, melee itself is an entire 6gb file so it's going to take a while to upload. It'll most likely take a whole day for it to go up. Just this past week as well I attempted uploading as well but my power cut out during the upload which cancelled the upload. :( But if all goes well they should be up soon. Sorry to keep you waiting guys.

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
I'm trying to find a decent time to upload, melee itself is an entire 6gb file so it's going to take a while to upload. It'll most likely take a whole day for it to go up. Just this past week as well I attempted uploading as well but my power cut out during the upload which cancelled the upload. :( But if all goes well they should be up soon. Sorry to keep you waiting guys.
Have you tried lowering the bitrate? Might make a difference, when I use my capture card (not often, admittedly), the bitrate is about 10, and setting it to about 4-5 lowers the file size a bit without losing too much quality.

Nyaruko

Smash Rookie
NNID
beeyondd
Since I'm bad and don't have a GC Adapter nor GC controller (since I'm new to Smash), is it ok to use Wii U Pro Cont?

Last edited:

Nyaruko

Smash Rookie
NNID
beeyondd
Controller preference is fine =) although it is recommended you use GameCube though. Addaptors will be at the tournaments aswell
Yeah I just haven't ever played on a GC before for Smash so I don't know how well I'd do if I went and bought one to use for meets etc so I think I'd stick with the Pro Cont for now until I can get an Adapter to practice with at home.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Hey guys, I'm not sure whos running the smash games at the moment. I was wondering whether the facebook event page is the correct schedule for Saturday? Just because there's no doubles being ran at all according to the schedule and it says 3DS tournament after WiiU singles? Dont really see the point of hosting a 3DS tournament when we have the console version which can use 3ds anyway. :s

If anyone can clarify that for me, would be awesome :) thanks!

Also since I'll be going to tournaments again due to getting my weekends free again, I'll probably be helping out run the tournaments again :).

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Yup that definitely needs to be updated.
It looks like someone modified it but was high on some good stuff.

So PM Singles at 4pm, then while 3DS singles run, ANOTHER PM SINGLES BRACKET YEAAHHH.

I propose 1pm start for smash 4 doubles, get rid of 3DS obviously and have smash 4 singles later. I dunno, who's da boss?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I was just wondering whether any smashers are going to attend the Moe Mall Weekly meetups?

Sounds like a nice replacement for n2c plus I wouldnt mind getting some extra smash practise in.

I would post this in the social thread, but I dont know what happened to the meetup thread. Probably buried here somewhere.

Oh and this is the link to the FB event

https://www.facebook.com/events/427008794118232/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

Last edited:

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
i went to last weeks one however the guy forgot his smash 4 disc, but he downloaded it on that night so should be all good to go this week. I might show up if I dont have anything else on.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Might come down for Smash4.
I went to the Moe Mall meetup a few weeks ago, only one other smash player was there. Had a good time regardless.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I wont be coming to this Friday one though. I have a smash drinking night happening already.

I'll be coming to the city more on fridays after that though, they have smash stuff on the Friday at EB games too.

So much happening x_x haha

Snoc

New Kid on the Block
So who's actually going to the MoeMall meet, I'd hate to be the only one there again :|

Top Bottom