• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
certaines personnes pensent qu'ils peuvent me déjouer. Peut-être, je n'ai pas encore rencontré un qui peut déjouer renard.
View attachment 16263
ugh.... Google translate is so inaccurate.

Tip: Google translate is only accurate with one word (which it will give you multiple definition). Try to not use it for text and complete sentences or otherwise, don't try to pretend that you know the language your typing with google translate and you should instead consider the translation with a grain of salt.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
ugh.... Google translate is so inaccurate.

Tip: Google translate is only accurate with one word (which it will give you multiple definition). Try to not use it for text and complete sentences or otherwise, don't try to pretend that you know the language your typing with google translate and you should instead consider the translation with a grain of salt.
je ne suis pas en utilisant Google Translate! Pourquoi avez-vous les gars continuez à dire que?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So was the guy that called the Mega man vs Mario match the same guy that does the announcing in the game? They sound kind of similar imo. I haven't checked what the Megaman vs Mario match guy sounds like since I thought of this but from what I remember he sounds similar. He kinda sounds dumb calling the match but nothing really sounds good live.

NVM!!!! that sounds pretty bad. I just checked.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So was the guy that called the Mega man vs Mario match the same guy that does the announcing in the game? They sound kind of similar imo. I haven't checked what the Megaman vs Mario match guy sounds like since I thought of this but from what I remember he sounds similar. He kinda sounds dumb calling the match but nothing really sounds good live.
No, I don't remember it sounding like him.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
je ne suis pas en utilisant Google Translate! Pourquoi avez-vous les gars continuez à dire que?
Easy to answer.

"Je ne suis pas en utilisant Google Translate!" isn't valid. You're telling me that you do not use Google Translate but the "en" screws up completely your sentence. Also, you use the verb to be "suis" while you should use the verb to use. Even your negation mark are wrong. The whole sentence would've been "Je n'utilise pas Google Translate!". I really don't know how it added the "en" because it looks like you wanted to tell that you do not use Google Translate WHILE doing something (talking?). This sentence is so messed up.

"Pourquoi avez-vous les gars continuez à dire que?" is even worse. I think you translated this from "Why do you guys continue to tell that?" because it should mean that. But it's screwed up and no comment on the "que" that shouldn't be at the end and be replaced by something like "cela" or "ca" (with the cedilla).

Seriously, your syntax is so wrong that a native French speaker like me would spot those on first reading easily. I'm wondering if someone that is learning French could make those because they make absolutely no sense at all.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I like how the announcer says "Greninja" its like totally different than how he says all the other characters. Like in Brawl how the announcer said "Luigi". Its like the exact same inflection.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Initial views at Smash Fest:

It was good! Lots of waiting, but it was a nice change of people (since all of my friends talk about Xbox/Playstation) but I managed to play five characters. (Little Mac, Mario, Olimar, DK, Luigi on 3DS)
Little Mac is beautiful on the ground, terrible in the air, feels smooth, easy to play.
Mario is stronger I felt. Fludd is still a pile of **** though.
Did not like Olimar. At all. I really miss his 6 pikmin. Recovery is nice though. (I was the ONLY person to pick him almost the whole day.)
DK was faster, also really good. I didn't like his Up B goes at an angle though. Also, his FS is a little different in terms of button hitting, but still sucks...
Luigi, my main, overall felt the same, but faster both air and ground. I noticed his fireball almost felt twice as fast.
(Also, this guy who has a friend who "works at Nintendo" says Bayonetta and one other newcomer will be revealed in the next two weeks. What a load of bogus. A lot of people believed him though!)

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Does his dad also work with Sakurai and knows him personally?
Psh, I'm surprised the guy didn't say that too :p. He literally had a group swarming him listening to his "hints" about the character. People are so gullible...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd rather Krystal than a generic enemy with a hat and spear.
But we already have a sexy anthropomorphic animal in the series. *avatar

Nickolodean is still alright- you just gotta watch the 90's version. It plays Catdog- which is an automatic win. But the normal channel has one good series. I'm probably alone on this, but I like the rabbids cartoon. Spongebob is another, but after the years, they've declined into a generally bad series, imo. At least they play the old episodes.
Didn't know Nick now had a Rabbids show. Haven't paid attention to the main Nick channel in a while.

You get points for being one of the few 90s Nick fans besides me to like Catdog.
"Wowwie kaboodles!"

I too have a roster.
You still think Ridley and K.Rool will make it in and Mewtwo will return. Poor fool.
:troll:

Can't we just post in English?
I'm surprised you got away with saying that.

I like how the announcer says "Greninja" its like totally different than how he says all the other characters. Like in Brawl how the announcer said "Luigi". Its like the exact same inflection.
But it's a good inflection.

---

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'd rather Krystal than a generic enemy with a hat and spear.
*Sigh*

Really, I don't care too much about people not thinking he is likely. I'm personally satisfied with the roster. However, this mentality makes any situation where Bandana Dee could be revealed a terrible one because of the backlash from everyone. It wouldn't matter if he did have an amazing moveset, people care too much about a detail that isn't accurate.

I would be fine if people were neutral on him, (which you very well could be), but I just don't want to hear that he is a waste of a slot. :/

As for using a spear, I can pretty much guarantee you he wouldn't just be using a spear. He is a Waddle Dees. And Waddle Dees in it of themselves have tons of personaility and things to choose from. Here's one I made focused on the ones related to Kirby' copy abilities.

http://smashboards.com/threads/bandana-dee-the-spear-master.324430/page-76#post-16777626

I have more ideas, but I'm still working on them. :3

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
You get points for being one of the few 90s Nick fans besides me to like Catdog.
"Wowwie kaboodles!"

---

I liked most of 90s Nick, except CatDog ironically. It was just a really mean spited show. The amount of abuse Cat received in it was just actually ridiculous.

But, the one thing I liked about it was Lube. He was hilariously stupid.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I feel the same way about Bandana Dee as I do about Toad.

It's a generic unit and there are hundreds, thousands, upon millions of them. We have cases like Pokemon, where there are tons of the species you pick to put in, but there are so many different kinds of Pokemon that it's actually worth the effort.

With people like those two, there's nothing really different about them. One carries a spear, one is the Princess' advisor (if you even count the Toad we would get as THE Toad). Maybe if they had more radical changes over the rest of the species.

I never liked these characters and I certainly wouldn't want them to represent anything in a crossover game over actual idols and mascots, but hey. Miis are in the game, and apparently people pick up MK8 JUST to play Toad, Shy Guy, or other generic characters. And Toad even has his -own game- now.

Y'know. Bowser still hasn't gotten his own game. The most known videogame villain of all time. (Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is a Mario and Luigi game.)

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Why yes, it is! And it's very well done too. Still in full screen, properly remastered. And they plan to do the same with Sailor Moon.

I like how they basically said "We won't be remastering the colors to make the show look like something it's not, there won't be any fake widescreen"... awesome jabs are awesome.
By full screen you mean the original 4:3 scale?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I suppose I'm not considering Yoshi. I actually -DON'T- like that Yoshi is playable. I never did. Same case. Generic character, little to no changes from the rest of his species. I always wished he wasn't in the game.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

NVM!!!! that sounds pretty bad. I just checked.
I noticed that too. I was like "NOO!"

Then I decided, hey at least he isn't narrating the battles .

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
*Sigh*

Really, I don't care too much about people not thinking he is likely. I'm personally satisfied with the roster. However, this mentality makes any situation where Bandana Dee could be revealed a terrible one because of the backlash from everyone. It wouldn't matter if he did have an amazing moveset, people care too much about a detail that isn't accurate.

I would be fine if people were neutral on him, (which you very well could be), but I just don't want to hear that he is a waste of a slot. :/

As for using a spear, I can pretty much guarantee you he wouldn't just be using a spear. He is a Waddle Dees. And Waddle Dees in it of themselves have tons of personaility and things to choose from. Here's one I made focused on the ones related to Kirby' copy abilities.

http://smashboards.com/threads/bandana-dee-the-spear-master.324430/page-76#post-16777626

I have more ideas, but I'm still working on them. :3
Honestly, I'm pretty passive when it comes to characters. Mii's were the number 1 character I didn't want in and theres 3 different versions of them. I'm not too upset about that now that I've seen them. They're ok. I could see them getting cut in the next one in favor of just one Mii character with all their attributes. They tend to try something risky in Smash games that are implemented better in the next one.

As far as Bandana Dee goes, its more of a preference that I'd want Krystal in before him. Of course as it is now I want Dixie Kong in the most since my most wanted character was just announced. :4palutena: Sorry about bashing your bro.

Of course my list of characters just get dumber and dumber the longer the list gets. I originally only wanted Palutena in smash but since I came back on this site I've thought of a few more. To name a few I'd think are cool (but are probably dumb) are Dixie, Ghost Zelda (from Spirit Tracks), Krystal, Isaac. Yea. I mean they are all kinda reasonable but I won't get angry if they are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom