• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've noticed that the Mii Fighter don;t have the intro video on the official Smash 4 site, which I find to be interesting seeing as Palutene and Pac-Man have theirs.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl days, I wanted Ditto as a playable character, to transform into various trophies.
:132:

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Who is this "ミシェル" you speak of and why do you like her? Or did I translate it wrong?
You got it right. Michelle. She's my best friend and we've known each other since we were 6. We were always very close growing up and pretty inseparable and trust each other with secrets we'd tell no other soul. Whenever we hang out, we always geek out together about games, tv shows, anime, movies, or even just have an intellectual conversation about stuff. She's the only one for me.

I got called legendofrubbish by my favorite twitch streamer when I lost to one of them in Mario kart. :c

It was great

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
A thought just occurred to me, the next Smash bros might have some of the new IPs from this and last E3 in them as newcomers, like one of the characters from "Codename: S.T.E.A.M.", "Splatoon", or even "The Wonderful 101".

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Initial "dash dancing" was around in Brawl. Apparently it's even tighter timing than in Brawl (in brawl you have a 5 frame window of the start of your dash to cancel it with a dash in another direction, if it really is tighter, that's even less).

So "dashing back and forth" on relatively the same spot is possible yeah, useful? likely not too much so.
Especially as you cannot pivot out of your regular dash, you have to endure its entire length.

Better to have this in the gameplay/technical analysis thread.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Dash Dancing has already been gone over.

It's basically how it was in Brawl, small as **** and you don't go anywhere with it and just as hard to do. Basically, in the demo DDing is useless outside of style points. There is a difference between having a DD and having a useful DD.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What are you people doing here?

Netflix has season 7 Dr. Who

mimgrim

Smash Hero
OH **** OH **** OH ****!

I just found Rawest Forest and Waltz of the Forest on Brawl Custom Music. HOLY ****! Instant menu songs for both of them, now I need to transfer Give Me All Your Love to a stage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I could see Splatoon assist trophies. Would be awesome for doubles "can move faster on your team's ooze"/etc

(Quite unlikely in this game though, but who knows)

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
I could see Splatoon assist trophies. Would be awesome for doubles "can move faster on your team's ooze"/etc

(Quite unlikely in this game though, but who knows)
Teams could have different effects like:
-Blue team moves faster over their slime.
-Green can land on it and use it to trampoline off the ground for a higher first jump.
-Red could be able to have their shields last longer while standing over the slime.
and if it's not your team color you'll be slowed down dramatically.

One of these effects will happen randomly in FFA and all the other players are slowed down.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So is there dash dancing or not in Smash 4? I've been hearing both yes and no.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
There's initial dash "dancing". It seems to be less in length framewise than Brawl.
Initial dashes may be a little bit longer distance wise in this game at least, but it still won't be remotely Melee level.

If you can do pivot moves out of it? Yeah, it'll be used a lot actually (In brawl you can pivot fsmash/grab/jump, etc out of initial dashes too, and you could true pivot it to neutral stance [but we may not need to do that] to do the things we can do now + Shield [which we likely would need to true pivot or cannot do at all]).

I know there may be a bit of technical jargon in there. ~_~ It would take a lot longer explaining them.

Last edited:

ChillySundance

Smash Apprentice
I find it hilarious that people are still doubting the leak even though we had nearly the exact same situation occur with Brawl.

Mvc3 too.

If a leak is this consistently accurate, it's probably legit guys.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Season 7 episode 4

the Doctor is playing wii sports

Dr. Who confirmed

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Aquí todos dicen hablar other lenguaje, pero no olvidar que I'm like Dora, I know English and Spanish, so... ¡Váyanse al taco!
In Spanish we say "Vete a la mierda" instead of I Love You, so sweet!
That's not how you say I love you, I'm Mexican and you can't trick me

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When Toon Link joined the battle, you were expecting Alfonzo to be in charge of the train, but it was me, Dio!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If people are still making them, then someone thinks it's funny- like the creator of the meme, etc
Yeah, but that's not always the case. Take NintendoCapriSun for example. His most notable catchphrase is "IN THE BATHROOM!" After a few years of using it, he decided it wasn't funny anymore.

There's also Chuggaaconroy, in his LP of Pikmin, he refered to his first red Pikmin as Steve. He eventually decided it wasn't funny anymore and decided to retire the joke. It went well until he, NintendoCapriSun, JoshJepson, and ProtonJon finished the runaway guys collab of New Super Mario Bros Wii. All through that run, ProtonJon tried to get Chugga to get a game over, which didn't happen. Here was the quote in the end about it

Chuggaaconroy: I did hold on, I think I trooped through it.
ProtonJon: Like Steve?
Chuggaaconroy: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
(JoshJepson and NintendoCapriSun laugh in the background of the recording)
ProtonJon: HEY, STEVE!!!!!!!!
Chuggaaconroy: You found a way unto kill me in the end!!
ProtonJon: I cant kill him in the game, I can kill him internally.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, but that's not always the case. Take NintendoCapriSun for example. His most notable catchphrase is "IN THE BATHROOM!" After a few years of using it, he decided it wasn't funny anymore.
In this current situation, someone made this because they thought it was funny. They posted it online because they figured someone else would have found it funny. Because there's millions of people online, at least one of them found it funny, and could possibly still find it funny.

And a single individual in this case would make it false that it isn't, "funny anymore" because he found it funny. Therefore the meme still holds humor to it.

What I'm pointing out is that it's incorrect to state it isn't, "funny anymore" because clearly someone does find it funny.

:troll:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a bit of a random though. It's been a while since I ever played MK:Deception. So I looked the up the Fatalities and junk. Though I can say that MK9 is probably my favorite in the whole series. But I remember having a lot of fun with MK: Deception, I might look into getting the GCN version.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Here's a bit of a random though. It's been a while since I ever played MK:Deception. So I looked the up the Fatalities and junk. Though I can say that MK9 is probably my favorite in the whole series. But I remember having a lot of fun with MK: Deception, I might look into getting the GCN version.

I loved chess in deception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom