• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I MIGHT be a :079: but apparently Pikmin can now grab items for Olimar (follow the Blue Pikmin):

Pretty awesome I must say.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Pikmin being able to pick items makes sense. That is one of their primary functions in the Pikmin games.

Diddy's Bananas have already gotten a nerf, as they disappear once someone trips on them. This is bad news for him.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well, he's got three months to show himself but I'm doubting it at this point. I haven't seen enough evidence to doubt the Gematsu leak as of yet so, as it goes, I consider Lucas gone from the initial roster and one of the first candidates for DLC.

Morbi

Scavenger
Ah, first of all; it was between Lucas and Ness, therefore nothing is objective in regards to that (even if they were leaning on Lucas). Second of all, I am sure that information was prior to the announcement that the game was delayed, so he has more time to develop a semi-clone character such as Lucas. Lastly, even if the Gematsu leak is true beyond a reasonable doubt, Lucas and Ness could both make the final cut as that was always an option.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Ah, first of all; it was between Lucas and Ness, therefore nothing is objective in regards to that (even if they were leaning on Lucas). Second of all, I am sure that information was prior to the announcement that the game was delayed, so he has more time to develop a semi-clone character such as Lucas. Lastly, even if the Gematsu leak is true beyond a reasonable doubt, Lucas and Ness could both make the final cut as that was always an option.
or jigglypuff

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I MIGHT be a :079: but apparently Pikmin can now grab items for Olimar (follow the Blue Pikmin):
Pretty awesome I must say.
Pretty awesome until one of the Pikmin decides to go kamikaze on you and carries over a Bom-omb :troll:
"But I was helping!" -Squeaked the blue Pikmin as the ghost of him and his dead brethren ascend to the skies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Pretty awesome until one of the Pikmin decides to go kamikaze on you and carries over a Bom-omb :troll:
"But I was helping!" -Squeaked the blue Pikmin as the ghost of him and his dead brethren ascend to the skies.
I always kamikaze myself anyways; so that would be a welcome change from my perspective. It makes it much more easy and unpredictable.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I want both Ness and Lucas and I hope that Lucas makes it in somehow, whether it's in the initial release or DLC. I just don't really see any real reason to cut him aside from his similarities to Ness, but really, who cares considering we already have Toon Link, the semist semiclone who ever semicloned.

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question about the online mode of the Wii U version of Sm4sh.

If I'm playing with my friend next to me, can we go online together and play? Or do we have to play 1v1 locally only?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I just came back from Smashfest. And let me say a few things.
-Good God the line! I waited hours just to get to Smash. Though it was nice, I was able to talk to others while there.
-I was able to play the 3DS version, and went with Smash Run as Mario.
-Circle Pad was better than I expected, I thought I would suck with it. Turns out it works out fine, at least the Smashes came out.
-Played Gerudo Valley against a couple computers, I won.
-Was able to play the Wii U version, I picked Pit. Of which I came to realize I suck with him.
-Pit's Side Special (the Upperdash Arm) is really good. It works kinda like Captain Falcon's. His recovery ain't too bad either.
-I got second out of Sudden Death. Turns out Little Mac is better than I thought.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
So I have a question about the online mode of the Wii U version of Sm4sh.

If I'm playing with my friend next to me, can we go online together and play? Or do we have to play 1v1 locally only?
In Brawl up to 3 players could join Wifi per Wii. Don't see why they'd change that.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
If you watch the Nintendo Direct on Sm4sh, during the announcement of For Glory and For Fun modes (around 9:00), a subtitle says 'When you aren't playing with friends.'

I guess this is kind of obvious really, but I'm kind of in disbelief. I can't go online with my buddy and play randoms? :<

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If you watch the Nintendo Direct on Sm4sh, during the announcement of For Glory and For Fun modes (around 9:00), a subtitle says 'When you aren't playing with friends.'

I guess this is kind of obvious really, but I'm kind of in disbelief. I can't go online with my buddy and play randoms? :<
They don't specify, but I believe it's just their way of saying "not playing With Friends mode."

I never played with anyone random matches in Brawl, could you join with friends IRL in those? I guess 2 or 3 people on the same WiiU against a lone player creates a disadvantage, but that's what that anti-cheating system is for.

Hmm however I'm not sure how they could handle the power ranking with 2 players on a single console.

Last edited:

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
They don't specify, but I believe it's just their way of saying "not playing With Friends mode."

I never played with anyone random matches in Brawl, could you join with friends IRL in those? I guess 2 or 3 people on the same WiiU against a lone player creates a disadvantage, but that's what that anti-cheating system is for.

Hmm however I'm not sure how they could handle the power ranking with 2 players on a single console.
Sakurai outright says "When you aren't playing with friends..." so I'm pretty sure these are solo modes. It would create some logistical problems, but I really don't like that. I really like playing fours with my buddies, - we're usually only able to play two at a time - and I don't like the idea of an online game not taking full advantage of the potential it has.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Got Transformers Animated The Complete Series on DVD. I collect Transformers shows FYI. Shout just released this on video this past week and OH YES you can FINALLY own Season 3.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Sakurai outright says "When you aren't playing with friends..." so I'm pretty sure these are solo modes. It would create some logistical problems, but I really don't like that. I really like playing fours with my buddies, - we're usually only able to play two at a time - and I don't like the idea of an online game not taking full advantage of the potential it has.
I don't see the issue, you can still play 4 player online matches with friends in person, the only thing that won't be there is the whole ranking thing.

Oh I get it, you want to be with a friend and battle 2 random people. Well in that case you come here, add 100 players, create a room and wait for someone to join lol.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
What do you think?

Using the DEMO as evidence.

A demo that's essentially restricted to "casual" play is some good evidence. :rolleyes:

A demo that is also likely an early build.

I expected better from him. Seriously. Matt is the other fighting game guy and he should know better.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
You know what I need right now? I need someone to put up all the songs that were in the smash bros demos. Anyone up to the challenge, or anyone who already did it?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
You know what I need right now? I need someone to put up all the songs that were in the smash bros demos. Anyone up to the challenge, or anyone who already did it?
Someone on here brought up a couple of the songs that were in the 3DS and Wii U Fire Emblem stages. Id Purpose was on 3DS (I only remember that title because it sounds... odd.) and I don't remember what was on Wii U. I don't play Fire Emblem, so I couldn't remember it.

Mushroom Kingdom U had a jazztastic version the Super Mario Bros theme/medley (I believe it went into the Bowser Castle NES towards the end), while Skyloft had a rockin version of the Ballad of the Goddess that segued into an equally rockin version of Ghirahim's theme.

Dr Wily's Castle was of course the Dr Wily Castle music from Mega Man 2.

The Reset Bomb Forest copy pasted this track for it's music from what I could tell.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Someone on here brought up a couple of the songs that were in the 3DS and Wii U Fire Emblem stages. Id Purpose was on 3DS (I only remember that title because it sounds... odd.) and I don't remember what was on Wii U. I don't play Fire Emblem, so I couldn't remember it.

Mushroom Kingdom U had a jazztastic version the Super Mario Bros theme/medley (I believe it went into the Bowser Castle NES towards the end), while Skyloft had a rockin version of the Ballad of the Goddess that segued into an equally rockin version of Ghirahim's theme.

Dr Wily's Castle was of course the Dr Wily Castle music from Mega Man 2.

The Reset Bomb Forest copy pasted this track for it's music from what I could tell.

I mean like actually posting the music or a recreation similar to what people did with the main theme at E3 2013.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I mean like actually posting the music or a recreation similar to what people did with the main theme at E3 2013.
I honestly don't know if that's possible. The E3 convention was bustling with alot of people and I honestly haven't seen any Direct Audio videos popping up and the only videos around where I could pick out the music were either the tournament with the crowd cheering and commentators blaring or the Treehouse Live videos which had constant commentary. The main theme at E3 2013 was via a trailer which had no commentary or any other such thing beyond normal sound effects over it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh my god... AWESOME!

Using the DEMO as evidence.

A demo that's essentially restricted to "casual" play is some good evidence. :rolleyes:

A demo that is also likely an early build.

I expected better from him. Seriously. Matt is the other fighting game guy and he should know better.

This isn't me btw.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Time to start settling down for the evening. What to watch: the rest of my Ranma 1/2 Bluray or boot up my new Transformers Animated Complete Series DVD?

Which one.jpg

Which one, dudes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom