• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's a really really situational move.
Yeah, so is the Villager's ability to pick up projectiles and Ness's ability to use PSI Magnet to absorb projectiles and heal himself... they are useless if the opponent doesn't have projectile moves or the items are turned off... the player needs to look for opportunities to use those moves... you saw Captain Falcon charging the Super Scope... quickly get in the way and try to absorb it without getting hurt.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, so is the Villager's ability to pick up projectiles and Ness's ability to use PSI Magnet to absorb projectiles and heal himself... they are useless if the opponent doesn't have projectile moves or the items are turned off... the player needs to look for opportunities to use those moves... you saw Captain Falcon charging the Super Scope... quickly get in the way and try to absorb it without getting hurt.
Cept GnW's is more situational still. His buck has to be positioned correctly and it requires 3 times to be filled at maximum.

In 1 vs 1 it is basically useless since a player won't fall for it as much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Just curious, who do you guys think are the Top 10 most famous Nintendo characters?
Hard to say... there are so many famous Nintendo characters... but at least Mario and Pikachu are right there on the top.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Just curious, who do you guys think are the Top 10 most famous Nintendo characters?
Uhhhhhmmmmm.

Mario = Bowser = Luigi = Peach
Pikachu
Link
Charizard
Mewtwo
Zelda = Ganon(dorf)
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Samus
Yoshi

That was a really difficult question. And even then I doubt that list is accurate. >_>

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Actually, the colors are different.

I analyzed the images side-by-side and Bowser's color is very slightly darker than Little Mac's. Thing is, the difference is minimal and almost indistinguishable. By analyzing the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) values of each color, you can see that Bowser's color is (50, 118, 92), while Little Mac's is (57, 119, 90). (Mind that the RGB values range from 0 to 255 for each parameter.)
Ah i see, so im assuming its only noticeable to the eye when placed next to eachother then like other similar colors. Thanks for the clarification frost.

D

Deleted member

Just out of curiosity, what if instead of Pac-Man as the token Namco Bandai character....this happened?

What would your reaction be?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, what if instead of Pac-Man as the token Namco Bandai character....this happened?

I would be A-ok with it as long as it is the Agumon/Greymon from season 1 and 2. If it's the one in season 5 (and up?) though? Gtfo. Seasons 1-4 of Digimon are good, anything after is horrible.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Better than Pac-Man, easily.

Would still rather have Lloyd or Klonoa, though.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Admittedly, I can't really see Auguman as being that interesting inless that allow him to be able to transform into multiple forms during battle. He's like Charizard but without wings. Plus, I prefer Veemon. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still say we're not getting any secret characters.
I disagree. One of Brawl's biggest shortcomings was that most of the unlockable characters were simply characters from the past games and every newcomer except ROB and Wolf were shown before the game released (Lucario was accidentally leaked by Nintendo itself). I think they're still going to be unlockable characters but they are simply getting all the "obvious" returning characters out of the way this time around.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Another possibility I didn't even consider regarding upcoming games and character reveals: Pokémon Battle Trozei is released March 12th in Japan. Not sure if it is the type of game Sakurai would recognize; though it probably doesn't lend itself to being as easily recognizable as a mainline Pokémon game. If Sakurai does choose to gloss over Yoshi's New Island's NA/EU release for Trozei, I'm going to bet we'll probably see Pokémon Trainer that week.

There better be some Digimon Rumble Arena music.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I remember watching the Digimon anime as a kid. Having a Digimon character would be an unorthodox choice.

We'd finally get the Pokemon VS Digimon fight we've all been waiting for. XP

Aduross

Smash Apprentice

I'd be cool with this. If he can Warp Digivolve into WarGreymon I'd be super okay with this. :3 Maybe a Final Smash where he can randomly become WarGreymon or SkullGreymon. If he becomes SkullGreymon you lose control of him and he goes on a crazy rampage... or, well, maybe that's stupid.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I posted this somewhere else, but I thought I'd see opinions here too.

How's this for an item? The P balloon, the long forgotten item from the Mario series, would float and if the character popped it, they would be inflated! This item can be thrown at someone or be hit to be used . Although they would not be able to attack until it wears off, it would allow then unlimited jumps similar to Kirby, Jigglypuff, etc. So they would be able to escape from the opponent fairly easily, but would have no offense. Super armor for the first second or two. Can be "popped" back to original size by being hit afterwards. Essentially, it would be a double edged sword kind of item.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I posted this somewhere else, but I thought I'd see opinions here too.

How's this for an item? The P balloon, the long forgotten item from the Mario series, would float and if the character popped it, they would be inflated! This item can be thrown at someone or be hit to be used . Although they would not be able to attack until it wears off, it would allow then unlimited jumps similar to Kirby, Jigglypuff, etc. So they would be able to escape from the opponent fairly easily, but would have no offense. Super armor for the first second or two. Can be "popped" back to original size by being hit afterwards. Essentially, it would be a double edged sword kind of item.
And by unlimited, you mean 5.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nope, I mean unlimited. The jump size would be similar to Kirby and them so they would elevate much higher and move around more. It just doesn't last for too long.
So, then, how do the character under the effects of the P-Balloon fight?

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
They don't. It's can be used as an evasion tool to help yourself escape and collect heart tokens or whatever to heal, or it can be thrown at an opponent to stop then from attacking you for a bit. Works to help or hinder depending on circumstances, which would make it unique.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They don't. It's can be used as an evasion tool to help yourself escape and collect heart tokens or whatever to heal, or it can be thrown at an opponent to stop then from attacking you for a bit. Works to help or hinder depending on circumstances, which would make it unique.
By the looks of it, it doesn't sound like a helpful evasion tool.
Though I do see it as more a troll item...
Something that hinders than helps.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
By the looks of it, it doesn't sound like a helpful evasion tool.
Though I do see it as more a troll item...
Something that hinders than helps.
Could be useful if you threw it at a team mate who was about to fall off the stage to help them recover too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The P-balloon best bet is as a trolling item.

Like it inflates the user and he floats upwards and then falls back just before reaching the upper blast zone. Would be hilarious the first time you see it. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Like it inflates the user and he floats upwards and then falls back just before reaching the upper blast zone. Would be hilarious the first time you see it. :troll:
And this is why Pikachu was invented.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Better yet, it's a throwable item. You throw it like Melee's Screw Attack and BAM! :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They don't fight... they just float... so... why would players intentionally pick up the item? It gotta be like the mushroom and star items... where you simply touch the item and inflate like a balloon... so the players would need to throw their opponents toward the balloons to inflate them...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They don't fight... they just float... so... why would players intentionally pick up the item? It gotta be like the mushroom and star items... where you simply touch the item and inflate like a balloon... so the players would need to throw their opponents toward the balloons to inflate them...
Better yet. What if Jigglypuff (the balloon Pokemon) gets the P-balloon. Isn't it already a balloon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom