• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know... it is probably for the best that there is no P-Balloon item... we don't want to encourage the inflation fetishists...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know... it is probably for the best that there is no P-Balloon item... we don't want to encourage the inflation fetishists...
They've already done that and then some.

But I never got all these weird fetishes...
Inb4Internet

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Focus 1 at a time

Diddy this week actually the usa release of tropical freeze (luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario bros dream team)

For march easily yoshi for new yoshi island plus it's coming out in a bundle for the 3ds on the same day

For April if there's a direct in April and if sakurai tweets about bingo and for nes remix NO ice climbers does not come out in nes remix 2 if characters were to get anounced for that we have meta knight for the kirby adventure or wario for wario woods (maybe even Ridley for metroid but very low chance)

For May same as above except switch meta knight release with triple deluxe usa and wario for mario kart 8 unless yoshi still does not get announce in march

And June yes yes and yes 3 newcomer lock in June 2 of the 3 is most likely to be mewtwo and Ridley
Except Yoshi isn't releasing in Japan until much later...

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
It's time for a snazzy new roster with a snazzy new look! Introducing 8.0! :shades:

Explanations:

Size - Since Brawl had 18 newcomers, I felt 45 was too little, so I went for 16. It's still less, but there certainly won't be as many newcomers this time.

Dixie Kong - I would argue Dixie is the most deserving Donkey Kong newcomer. She's a very important protagonist and very often appears alongside Donkey & Diddy. I don't think Sakurai is going to add King K. Rool if Dixie is not in first. Not to mention she is a semi-clone which would leave room for more characters.
Toon Zelda/Tetra - If you want to pretend it's just Tetra by herself, please go ahead. I certainly think that's a possibility too. I added this character because Tetra is very popular, deserving, recurring, relevant, and plays an important role. I think she is the best choice for a Zelda newcomer (Though Vaati is a very good choice too). While I partly added her to have 5 Zelda slots, I still think Tetra is deserving enough to be in regardless of that.

Ridley - Popular and iconic Nintendo villain. He's highly requested, unique, and overdue.
Samurai Goroh - He is a moderately popular Nintendo villain from a very classic Nintendo franchise. He's incredibly important to F-Zero which is an underrepped franchise and practically the only one that hasn't gotten it's sidekick/rival character. Considering most franchises have gotten the characters they need, there is certainly room for him this time around. Sakurai does care about representation. He stated that Zero Suit Samus was added partly because he wanted a second Metroid character. New installments usually feature additions to franchises that haven't gotten any since their debut too. So given Samurai Goroh's importance and F-Zero being a franchise that deserves a second character, I think this character is highly likely.

Palutena - She's a popular contender that Sakurai seems to have a thing for, giving her a lot of spotlight and Brawl. He's also giving Kid Icarus more spotlight in the new Smash now that it has become a rebooted franchise.
Robin - Being from Awakening actually has nothing to do with why I have Robin. I know Sakurai doesn't just blindly add "teh must recent Fire Emblem lord". I have Robin because the Avatar/Tactician is likely going to become a thing in future Fire Emblem games from now on. He's also the most unique Fire Emblem nominee as well as a different unit which brings variety.
Mach Rider - Sakurai says he wants to bring back more older characters. So I figure if there is going to be two then one should be international. And with Balloon Fighter out of the way, none would be more recognized and deserving than Mach Rider. I have doubts about him due to his major similarities to Captain Falcon, but there could always be exceptions to characters like that in special cases. Sakurai also said he likes the idea of Mach Rider.

Takamaru - He's basically a shoe-in imo. Being a popular, iconic, and deserving retro game on the famicom, with several references throughout history including in international games.

Tabuu - I think Tabuu might get in as a unique surprise character and that Sakurai will add a Smash Original character to the roster this time.

I'm seriously considering maybe adding Pac-Man btw. But, do tell me what you think. :)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I find the Toon Zelda / Tetra character really really boring honestly. Two Zeldas are enough, but four?
The next Zelda rep should be Ganon in his pig form. So we'd have two Zeldas (Zelda & Sheik), two Link (with Toon) and two Ganon (his human form and his demon form).

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I was going to point this out. Villager is kind of a left-field guy.
True. Villager is casual and yet crazy, as is the Wii Fit Trainer (although to a different and lesser extent). Miis would likely be somewhere between the two, although there is a potential for the Miis to be even more psychotic than the Villager.

Considering how great the Villager Smash For memes have been thus far, I would love for something similar to happen with Miis.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
True. Villager is casual and yet crazy, as is the Wii Fit Trainer (although to a different and lesser extent). Miis would likely be somewhere between the two, although there is a potential for the Miis to be even more psychotic than the Villager.

Considering how great the Villager Smash For memes have been thus far, I would love for something similar to happen with Miis.
...It will be glorious.
"They just keep smiling... and smiling..."
getfitgetfitgetfit

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...It will be glorious.
"They just keep smiling... and smiling..."
getfitgetfitgetfit
I honestly hope that the Villager can wear the clothes you give him in New Leaf (and Animal Crossing Wii U when that's a thing).

Seriously, Villager with a Mii mask, and the Miis fighting together.

That would be sooooooooo funny to see! :rotfl:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I find the Toon Zelda / Tetra character really really boring honestly. Two Zeldas are enough, but four?
The next Zelda rep should be Ganon in his pig form. So we'd have two Zeldas (Zelda & Sheik), two Link (with Toon) and two Ganon (his human form and his demon form).
Or scrap Sheik and put in toon zelda. I agree with pig Ganon, though. I still want Ganondorf to have a unique move set though...

kylexv

Smash Master
Since the miiverse thread is closed for now, I will post my predictions here:

In no specific order:

One of Little Mac's specials
Little Mac next to someone to show how small he is
A showcase of the Punch-Out!! arena
Diddy Kong
A picture showing nothing

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I will catch up to you!...
...Someday!...
I want to get on the list.......... I want to be known throughout the world....... I don't just want to be that guy.......... I will *Alfonzo runs over me with a train and I die a horrible death*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I want to get on the list.......... I want to be known throughout the world....... I don't just want to be that guy.......... I will *Alfonzo runs over me with a train and I die a horrible death*
Gee, what a horrible night to have a curse.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
When Alfonzo destroys the train, Ridley takes over to fix it.
Ridley: "Leave it to me!" :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom