• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I find the Toon Zelda / Tetra character really really boring honestly. Two Zeldas are enough, but four?
The next Zelda rep should be Ganon in his pig form. So we'd have two Zeldas (Zelda & Sheik), two Link (with Toon) and two Ganon (his human form and his demon form).
I like the idea, but Tetra is still my girl. Personally, it's Tetra and Tingle vying for the spot.

Anyway, I assume we will see the exact same thing we saw in between Rosalina and Zelda: an almost entire week based on Little Mac, with Diddy at the end of the week.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I like the idea, but Tetra is still my girl. Personally, it's Tetra and Tingle vying for the spot.

Anyway, I assume we will see the exact same thing we saw in between Rosalina and Zelda: an almost entire week based on Little Mac, with Diddy at the end of the week.
I want a picture of Diddy dancing to a little ditty.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Gee, what a horrible night to have a curse.
Wait I'm still alive, how can this happen?
Captain Falcon: "My golden breasts are no match for Alfonzo's train" *goes up to Alfonzo* you will no longer conduct this train. FAAAAALLLCCCOOON PUUUINNNCCCCH.
Sakuri: "When Alfonzo is exterminated, Toon Link takes charge of the train"
Toon Link: "......................................"

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Xenoblaze is the new Omega, confirmed. Except a little more temperamental.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I'm still better than you in post count! :shades:

I passed Azura the other day and I'mma gonna pass Vinyl soon! :grin:

Just under 7,000 posts to go until I pass Psycho! :rotfl:
Good luck with passing Psycho.
Wait I'm still alive, how can this happen?
Captain Falcon: "My golden breasts are no match for Alfonzo's train" *goes up to Alfonzo* you will no longer conduct this train. FAAAAALLLCCCOOON PUUUINNNCCCCH.
Sakuri: "When Alfonzo is exterminated, Toon Link takes charge of the train"
Toon Link: "......................................"
Alfonzo is such a helpful person. But a silent protagonist is better. :troll:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm probably the Little Mac of likes right now.

If anyone wants to see me compete in the SWFC, feel free to shower me with likes and praise.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's time for a snazzy new roster with a snazzy new look! Introducing 8.0! :shades:

Explanations:

Size - Since Brawl had 18 newcomers, I felt 45 was too little, so I went for 16. It's still less, but there certainly won't be as many newcomers this time.

Dixie Kong - I would argue Dixie is the most deserving Donkey Kong newcomer. She's a very important protagonist and very often appears alongside Donkey & Diddy. I don't think Sakurai is going to add King K. Rool if Dixie is not in first. Not to mention she is a semi-clone which would leave room for more characters.
Toon Zelda/Tetra - If you want to pretend it's just Tetra by herself, please go ahead. I certainly think that's a possibility too. I added this character because Tetra is very popular, deserving, recurring, relevant, and plays an important role. I think she is the best choice for a Zelda newcomer (Though Vaati is a very good choice too). While I partly added her to have 5 Zelda slots, I still think Tetra is deserving enough to be in regardless of that.

Ridley - Popular and iconic Nintendo villain. He's highly requested, unique, and overdue.
Samurai Goroh - He is a moderately popular Nintendo villain from a very classic Nintendo franchise. He's incredibly important to F-Zero which is an underrepped franchise and practically the only one that hasn't gotten it's sidekick/rival character. Considering most franchises have gotten the characters they need, there is certainly room for him this time around. Sakurai does care about representation. He stated that Zero Suit Samus was added partly because he wanted a second Metroid character. New installments usually feature additions to franchises that haven't gotten any since their debut too. So given Samurai Goroh's importance and F-Zero being a franchise that deserves a second character, I think this character is highly likely.

Palutena - She's a popular contender that Sakurai seems to have a thing for, giving her a lot of spotlight and Brawl. He's also giving Kid Icarus more spotlight in the new Smash now that it has become a rebooted franchise.
Robin - Being from Awakening actually has nothing to do with why I have Robin. I know Sakurai doesn't just blindly add "teh must recent Fire Emblem lord". I have Robin because the Avatar/Tactician is likely going to become a thing in future Fire Emblem games from now on. He's also the most unique Fire Emblem nominee as well as a different unit which brings variety.
Mach Rider - Sakurai says he wants to bring back more older characters. So I figure if there is going to be two then one should be international. And with Balloon Fighter out of the way, none would be more recognized and deserving than Mach Rider. I have doubts about him due to his major similarities to Captain Falcon, but there could always be exceptions to characters like that in special cases. Sakurai also said he likes the idea of Mach Rider.

Takamaru - He's basically a shoe-in imo. Being a popular, iconic, and deserving retro game on the famicom, with several references throughout history including in international games.

Tabuu - I think Tabuu might get in as a unique surprise character and that Sakurai will add a Smash Original character to the roster this time.

I'm seriously considering maybe adding Pac-Man btw. But, do tell me what you think. :)
45 is plenty enough but it's just your opinion though

Here's mine on your characters (OUT = I think that character will not be confirmed

Dixie kong: I can agree she's more deserving since ment in brawl but the only road block is king k rool from now from request from both the west and south (little mac was more requested in the west than japan)

Toon zelda/tetra: OUT ( the only proof I see is the shadow armor in that zelda picture but overall )

Ridley: Amen

Samurai goroh: OUT (captain falcon is fine alone but if I were to pick black shadow would be better)

Palutena: that and because of those rumor pictures

Robin :OUT (whats Chrom chop liver)

Mach rider: actually Mach rider was considered for melee and he would get in the same way as captain falcon. The only road block is assist trophy status and another one just as likely. Which is believe it or not the duck hunt dog

Takamaru : I say he has a 50/50 chance he lost some found due to little mac being confirmed.

Tabu: OUT ( uuuuuuuuuh you know he's dead right and even if he could resurrect hes overpowered and plus he's a boss)(no ridley agruements since some of the stuff fits for those down with ridley fans)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
THIS ENRAGES ME!!!! :mad:
Science proves gifs are the source to success in likes. On a second note...
I FEEL SO HAPPY.jpg

2K posts. It may not be much to some of you, but it certainly is to me. Like Little Mac in the Minor Circuit!
And now to cycle through 25 potential avatars.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Tabu: OUT ( uuuuuuuuuh you know he's dead right and even if he could resurrect hes overpowered and plus he's a boss)(no ridley agruements since some of the stuff fits for those down with ridley fans)
Tabuu is the only character that feels wait for it taboo. The idea of including him as a playable character makes my taint twitch in all the wrong ways.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Likes?
I'm the 19th!
But there is a something I would like to say, I have less than 2000 posts and the others have like 5000-15000 posts.
So...that obviously means, Bandana Dee confirmed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Likes?
I'm the 19th!
But there is a something I would like to say, I have less than 2000 posts and the others have like 5000-15000 posts.
So...that obviously means, Bandana Dee confirmed.
Or some of us (me included) have too much time on their hands.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Link, Mario, and Megaman have talked at one point though...
Link has never talked besides saying "COME ON" in windwaker, Mario, well I suppose in the RPG series, but are they in the same universe, and if you want to get technical paper mario has never spoken, I'm not sure about Megaman, I will take your word for it.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, btw. Guess what I saw on TV the other day? Dave and Buster have an advert for their restaurant chain, apparently they are the only chain stateside that has arcade cabinets of Mario Kart Arcade GP. You know, the Namco-Bandai developed Kart game that has the Mario crew and Pac-Man. Not saying it's a sign, but I did find it interesting. Tempted to go visit that adult version of Chuck E Cheese just to try the game out.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Link has never talked besides saying "COME ON" in windwaker, Mario, well I suppose in the RPG series, but are they in the same universe, and if you want to get technical paper mario has never spoken, I'm not sure about Megaman, I will take your word for it.
Link talked in the CD-I games.
Mario talked in Hotel Mario.
And Megaman's talked in a whole bunch of 'em. One of them being Megaman 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom