• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sounds like Oscar-bait.
Yeah, it was so bad it got its own GIF. Whenever a thread manages to get its own GIF, that's how you know a thread has entered legendary status. Kind of like how in It's a Wonderful Life a bell rings and an angel gets its wings.

Last edited:
Quick question: What are the swearing rules on this forum? I've been wondering this for awhile, and since this is the social thread I'd figure I'd pop it in here. Does the board have an auto-censor? It would make my life so much easier.

EDIT: Thank god. Now I can talk like myself on here. No more "crap" or "heck."

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
As small thing, but did anyone else notice Mac's color on the smashbros site is the same as bowsers? I know it probably doesn't mean anything but I found it weird that even the close colors on the others are at least just a slight shade lighter or darker, but theirs looks identical.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
As small thing, but did anyone else notice Mac's color on the smashbros site is the same as bowsers? I know it probably doesn't mean anything but I found it weird that even the close colors on the ithers are a shade lighter or darker, but theirs looks identical.
I noticed it. Maybe the site designers got lazy with the colours?

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Not that they were that likely in the first place, but would we say the Diddy & Dixie Duo are deconfirmed? I mean if they weren't revealed on Tropical Freeze...

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Not that they were that likely in the first place, but would we say the Diddy & Dixie Duo are deconfirmed? I mean if they weren't revealed on Tropical Freeze...
Perhaps, but Rosalina wasn't revealed exactly on the day 3D World came out. Maybe Little Mac was more presentable than Diddy & Dixie - if they do exist.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps, but Rosalina wasn't revealed exactly on the day 3D World came out. Maybe Little Mac was more presentable than Diddy & Dixie - if they do exist.
There wasn't a Nintendo Direct/Newcomer Reveal on the day Super Mario 3D World came out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't say deconfirmed until we see Diddy by himself.

I think it has no chance now, but it still isn't deconfirmed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As small thing, but did anyone else notice Mac's color on the smashbros site is the same as bowsers? I know it probably doesn't mean anything but I found it weird that even the close colors on the others are at least just a slight shade lighter or darker, but theirs looks identical.
I noticed it. Maybe the site designers got lazy with the colours?
Actually, the colors are different.

I analyzed the images side-by-side and Bowser's color is very slightly darker than Little Mac's. Thing is, the difference is minimal and almost indistinguishable. By analyzing the RGB (Red, Green, Blue) values of each color, you can see that Bowser's color is (50, 118, 92), while Little Mac's is (57, 119, 90). (Mind that the RGB values range from 0 to 255 for each parameter.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't say deconfirmed until we see Diddy by himself.

I think it has no chance now, but it still isn't deconfirmed.
And knowing Sakurai he'll find a way somehow to troll us and release them separately even if they are together.

He enjoys our pain as we speculate.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm going to laugh at absolutely everyone if there's a DK character reveal to coincide with Tropical Freeze's US release solely because it'll refute yet another one of Sakurai's supposed "patterns". XD

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, I guess we'll get another character this month?
At this point we're getting two every month, so this is what I predict (and I'm 100% sure it's all wrong).

February: Diddy later this month.
March: Yoshi when New Island release, Snake when Ground Zeroes releases (because who ****ing cares, right Sakurai? Smash Bros. could get attention out of this ironically)
April: newcomer for Nintendo Direct, Ice Climbers when NES Remix 2 releases
May: Wario for Mario Kart 8, and maybe Meta Knight for Triple Deluxe US release?
June: E3 newcomers blowout (AT LEAST three) and a bunch of new information about game modes, release window, and all that.

The funny thing is that I'm most certain about E3, which is in 4 months (WAIT, FOUR MONTHS?).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
At this point we're getting two every month, so this is what I predict (and I'm 100% sure it's all wrong).

March: Yoshi when New Island release, Snake when Ground Zeroes releases (because who ****ing cares, right Sakurai? Smash Bros. could get attention out of this ironically)
May: Wario for Mario Kart 8, and maybe Meta Knight for Triple Deluxe US release?
June: E3 newcomers blowout (AT LEAST three) and a bunch of new information about game modes, release window, and all that.

The funny thing is that I'm most certain about E3, which is in 4 months (WAIT, FOUR MONTHS?).
Dude....my thoughts exactly.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Their hex codes are slightly different. It's pretty damn hard to spot the difference with the naked eye though. I do find it kind of weird that they picked such a gloomy green for Mac, I guess they're running out of green colors, and we still have Yoshi and potentially K. Rool left.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

OBJECTION! Nes Remix 2 doesn't feature Ice Climbers!
Meta Knight is absent from Triple Deluxe!
...and that's all I got. I would think Wario is just random though, or an anniversary, since that happen now.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
OBJECTION! Nes Remix 2 doesn't feature Ice Climbers!
Meta Knight is absent from Triple Deluxe!
...and that's all I got. I would think Wario is just random though, or an anniversary, since that happen now.
Do we know all the games featured in NES Remix 2?
For Meta Knight, yeah I suspected that. But I got nothin' else. I don't know which anniversaries show up in those months.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Do we know all the games featured in NES Remix 2?
For Meta Knight, yeah I suspected that. But I got nothin' else. I don't know which anniversaries show up in those months.
Well NES Remix apparently is a new game featuring only games not in the first one, and Ice Climber was in the first.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NES_Remix List of games in Ep. 2.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is he really?
Yes, but I won't tell you where, though. Otherwise some wimp may whine about "spoilers". ¦D

Honestly, how many times do I have to tell people that if they don't want spoilers, to stay off of the internet? It's such a simple concept that I've been able to follow since middle school. XD

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, but I won't tell you where, though. Otherwise some wimp may whine about "spoilers". ¦D

Honestly, how many times do I have to tell people that if they don't want spoilers, to stay off of the internet? It's such a simple concept that I've been able to follow since middle school. XD
He's there all right. Still don't think he'd be revealed to promote the game, though.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Looks like E3 is right around the corner. Bad news is it won't feel like a short wait for me thanks to school :(

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Focus 1 at a time

Diddy this week actually the usa release of tropical freeze (luigi was revealed for the usa release of mario bros dream team)

For march easily yoshi for new yoshi island plus it's coming out in a bundle for the 3ds on the same day

For April if there's a direct in April and if sakurai tweets about bingo and for nes remix NO ice climbers does not come out in nes remix 2 if characters were to get anounced for that we have meta knight for the kirby adventure or wario for wario woods (maybe even Ridley for metroid but very low chance)

For May same as above except switch meta knight release with triple deluxe usa and wario for mario kart 8 unless yoshi still does not get announce in march

And June yes yes and yes 3 newcomer lock in June 2 of the 3 is most likely to be mewtwo and Ridley

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I still say that the next several months are more going to border on being random, considering release dates are more sparse.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I learned my lesson from Brawl so I'm keeping my expectations low. What my wishlist looks like:
Disappointed if they don't make it:

-Ridley
-K.Rool

Want but will deal with it if they don't make it:

-Waluigi
-Cubivore
-Balloon Fighter
-Shulk
-Palutena
-Dixie Kong
-Toad
-Bowser Jr.

Want but chances are pretty much nonexistent:

-Sora
-Mike Jones
-N Harmonia with Reshiram/Zekrom/Zoroark
-Shedinja (joke character)
-Grovyle (PMD2)

Will be dissapointed but will deal with it if they don't come back:

-Pichu
-Young Link
-Roy
-Dr. Mario

Will be genuinely upset if they don't come back:

-Everyone from Brawl + Mewtwo from Melee

----

Last edited:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I still say that the next several months are more going to border on being random, considering release dates are more sparse.
We'll probably get a Diddy reveal next week to coincide with the NA/EU launch of Tropical Freeze since Little Mac received priority this week. After that, we might get Yoshi in March, but the problem is the actual JP release date isn't known other than it is in Summer.

Next Week: Diddy Kong
March: Yoshi
April: Capt. Falcon
May: Wario

There is also a possibility we get Wario in April due to Wario Land Advance and WarioWare GBA launching with the GBA VC service at the start of the month. If that happens, then I think we'll get Meta-Knight in May.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
So we have 23 characters so far with 5 newcomers and we still have a while to go before E3 (5 months). There's bound to be secret characters in this game as well. Brawl had 12 secret characters out of the 37 slots on the brawl dojo site. 4 of those 12 were new characters. I have a hard time believing they won't save at least 2 newcomers to be secret characters. And between now and E3 we will probably get around 2-3 newcomers as well. I'm pretty much convinced we'll be getting at least 10 new characters for this game.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
We'll probably get a Diddy reveal next week to coincide with the NA/EU launch of Tropical Freeze since Little Mac received priority this week. After that, we might get Yoshi in March, but the problem is the actual JP release date isn't known other than it is in Summer.

Next Week: Diddy Kong
March: Yoshi
April: Capt. Falcon
May: Wario
I think Yoshi will be a bit of a later reveal. Since reveals tie to Anniversaries or Japanese releases, I don't expect a March 14 Reveal.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why Captain Falcon on April? None of the F-Zero games ever came out on April? Unless this is for the anniversary of the North American release of the original Super Smash Bros.

I could see Wario on May... the first WarioWare was on May 2003 in North America.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So we have 23 characters so far with 5 newcomers and we still have a while to go before E3 (5 months). There's bound to be secret characters in this game as well. Brawl had 12 secret characters out of the 37 slots on the brawl dojo site. 4 of those 12 were new characters. I have a hard time believing they won't save at least 2 newcomers to be secret characters. And between now and E3 we will probably get around 2-3 newcomers as well. I'm pretty much convinced we'll be getting at least 10 new characters for this game.
And with that, I have a concern.

Sakurai said that every newcomer would have a video that could be accessed in the actual game, right? So what about secret newcomers? Would we be able to immediately see their video, spoiling who it is from the get-go? Or would the video be unlocked with the character?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why Captain Falcon on April? None of the F-Zero games ever came out on April? Unless this is for the anniversary of the North American release of the original Super Smash Bros.

I could see Wario on May... the first WarioWare was on May 2003 in North America.
What did Marth have to do with the time he was revealed? At least in Capt. Falcons case, the GBA version of F-Zero is one of the launch titles for the GBA VC service in Japan.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I still say we're not getting any secret characters.
The fact that we're seeing stuff that's been secret before, like Lucario and Luigi makes me agree. Unlocking is fun, but I like it when it's everything unlocked as well.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I still say we're not getting any secret characters.
Do we have to do this so many times

Except for luigi And toon link they all might be starters just like captain falcon and ness in melee

And plus he might be revealing all of the characters early so there are no spoilers. (Thats why subspace was kicked do to ruining it for beginings in smash series.) Then after the release and when everyone who is playable is reveal one at a time he shows the methood of unlocking that character and how many matches you have to do to fight that character.

Besides doing a methood then defeating that character has ben with smash bros since the begining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom