• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You are lucky... I only got Little Mac so far... Villager is icing for me... always liked the idea of an Animal Crossing character in Smash...
I learned my lesson from Brawl so I'm keeping my expectations low. What my wishlist looks like:

Disappointed if they don't make it:

-Megaman*
-Little Mac*
-Takamaru

Want but will deal with it if they don't make it:

-Waluigi
-Issac/Matthew
-Palutena
-Krystal
-Ashley X
-Ridley
-K. Rool

Want but chances are pretty much nonexistent:

-Geno
-Muddy Mole

Will be genuinely upset if they don't come back:

-Ice Climbers
-Ness
-Wario
-Ike
-King Dedede*

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

-Palutena

Yea, that's pretty much it. My expectation is a double-edged sword. It isn't high expectations, but it's too limited. My other wish was for a WiiU KI stage, and it happened to be the one I wanted, which was Palutena's Temple. I remember back in Brawl all I wanted was Bowser Jr, but in turn kinda had anger towards TL and PT. But what can you do?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I learned my lesson from Brawl so I'm keeping my expectations low. What my wishlist looks like:

-Megaman*
-Little Mac*
-Takamaru

-Waluigi
-Issac/Matthew
-Palutena
-Krystal
-Ashley X
-Ridley
-K. Rool

-Geno
-Muddy Mole

-Ice Climbers
-Ness
-Wario
-Ike
-King Dedede*
For me:

Dissapointed if they don't make it:
Mewtwo

Want but will deal with if they don't make it:
Ridley
eshop character
Tom Nook

Want but chances are pretty much nonexistant:
Gooey
Sukapon
Cubivore

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Toad X
Dixie Kong
Little Mac *

Takamaru
Mii
Wandering Heroes
Pac-Man
Starfy X
Isaac / Matthew
Tingle
King Hippo
Palutena
Medusa
King K. Rool
Chrom
Impa
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer Gold with 2nd gen starters
Pokemon Trainer May with 3rd gen starters
Zoroark
Baby Mario

Meowth
Team Rocket
Duck Hunt Dog
Muddy Mole
Simon Belmont
Captain N
Donkey Kong Jr.
Mike Jones (StarTropics)

all 8 Marioverse veterans (still waiting for Yoshi, Wario, and Diddy Kong to be confirmed)
Link and Zelda *
all 3 Kirby veterans (still waiting for Meta Knight to be confirmed)
Olimar *
Pit *

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
With Brawl I went arm flailing crazy for a month about a number of characters not making it in and now that I'm in my mid 20's I don't think it's appropriate for me to get too emotionally invested in the final roster. Truth be told, most of the people on my wishlist are just left overs from Brawl (and some from Melee like Geno) with the only people I've omitted over time being Captain Syrup and Vaati and the only people I've added being Ashley, Waluigi (ironically someone who I hated back in the Brawl days), and Palutena.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I forgot to mention the veterans I want are already in. *looks at Pit and Bowser* Coincidentally they're my 2 Brawl mains, so I'm satisfied as far as veterans go. It's just who will my 3rd main be (Palutena).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Newcomers

Disappointed if they don't make it

Mewtwo
Ridley
Palutena

Want but will deal with it if they make it

King k rool
Pac man
Duck hunt dog

Veterans

Disappointed if they don't make it

Meta knight
R.O.B
Captain falcon

Want but will deal with it if they make it

Jigglypuff

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Despite wanting certain characters (see my sig), I'm not sure if I'd be disappointed if they don't make the cut.

My temperament is such that I acknowledge information and adjust my understanding of reality accordingly, which would extend to Smash. Desire itself is the icing on the cake - probably because I fully accept that I have zero influence on what the game will contain.

Even so, I have whittled down candidates to ten characters that would complete the roster for me. Which is to say, ten characters that I am most interested in playing - five Veterans, and five Newcomers.

Veterans:
Luigi (Current Main)
*Ganondorf
Olimar
Lucario
*Mewtwo

Newcomers:
Wii Fit Trainer
*Ridley
*King K Rool
*Ghirahim
*Takamaru

So 4/10 confirmed thus far. Of the rest, Ganondorf/Mewtwo/Takamaru are pretty likely, which would raise it to 7/10. Out of the remaining three, Ridley is the most probable, especially given Little Mac's recent inclusion. K Rool would be great, but it's hard to assess his chances.

Ghirahim is the least likely, especially since all the essential Zelda characters are already in. If not him, then Palutena is next in line (and she's another all-but-assured Newcomer).

T

Trick or Treat

I'd be more disappointed by cuts than having ny preferred newcomers not make it in. The only Brawl character who I really wouldn't have cared about was Toon Link. Well, and Falco.
I wouldn't really mind losing Wolf, and maybe ROB. Snake is 50/50. I didn't care for him, but I liked the new style of play he brings to the game.

And please, give Ganondorf a more unique moveset.

But yeah, those. Anyone else, I definitely don't want cut.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've just gotten into this state of....

''I honestly don't care who is in or out"

I know I'm lying to myself though.

So here goes, things I would love for this installment:

Veterans:

Pretty much the rest of the not confirmed Brawl cast minus Lucas and Snake. I wouldn't be horribly upset if Ike was gone but I'd like him back for my roommate's sake.

A moveset change for Sonic (lost this one)

A moveset change for Toon Link (lost this one)

A moveset change for Ganondorf (Not holding my breath, but would love)

Also Mewtwo.
Main newcomers I want/wanted (granted there's more but I know they don't stand a chance in hell):

Toad (He was a pretty crushing blow. He's the lone star of the classic Mario era that should be present beyond just an inclusion in a moveset.)

Rosalina (Didn't expect to get her, but I'm glad she's in and repping the modern era of Mario)

Waluigi (I know he's not in my signature, but I think it's about time someone reps the Mario Sports spin-offs. They're big enough to merit that for sure. I guess Toad could've achieved this too, but that ship has sailed.)

Dixie Kong (I'd love to see herwith Diddy or without him.)

K. Rool (He's one of the lone classic major Nintendo villains that's not present.)

Ridley (See K. Rool. Also he's a ****ing space dragon. Come the **** on if you don't want to play as a space dragon? Don't talk to me.)

Second Animal Crossing Rep (I'm glad we have Villager. I still want Tom Nook or Resetti though. Hell, I'd even take Isabelle.)

Tingle (He's the only one who is the star of a spin-off of a major Nintendo franchise whose not in. He's been present in both Melee and Brawl. It's about time we get him to represent the Tingle series and Zelda at the same time)

A fifth Zelda rep. (I don't care who just as long as they're not a clone. That's the last thing we need when it comes to Zelda reps.)

Little Mac (Score. Check. Won. Never expected him to NOT make it this go round. He just seemed so logical.)

Mii (Only because I think if given a moveset based on StreetPass Titles alone a generic Mii character could be quite interesting. He/she would look pretty ugly among the rest of the cast though.)

A new unique UNEXPECTED Pokemon rep (Think out of the box Sakurai. Give me someone no one has thought of in terms of Smash Brothers. I'd actually like it if he went back to first gen and added Meowth but that's not happening. The Pokemon roster outside of Jigglypuff...feels pretty...safe. Shake it up.)

Isaac (His abilities could really separate him from the rest of the sword users in the roster.)

Palutena ( She's the most logical choice o a second Kid Icarus rep and after such a great revival in Kid Icarus: Uprising it deserves a second rep)

Pac Man (Namely because to me: Sonic, Pac Man, and Mega Man represent a perfect third party trifecta.)

Megaman (I highly expected him, I just didn't expect him to be one of the first newcomers revealed.)

At least two retro reps. (Takamaru, Sable, Duck Hunt Dog, any other potential choices. I love retro reps. I doubt we'll get two but I kind of hope for two since Little Mac doesn't count since he just had a game on Wii.)

Last edited:

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
My three biggest concerns character wise are G-dorf, Ridley, and Ike. I'll be disappointed if Ike and Ridley don't show up, and I'll be irked to see G-dorf with the same moveset. I want canon Ganon.

Icing on the cake would be Ike in his Radiant Dawn form. Any other new characters will all be awesome extras to me. Like bonus cake layers.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
So I know everyone here is talkin about real wish lists and sorry to break the chain but while watchin the lil Mac trailer I noticed somethin peculiar. @1:32ish in lil Macs trailer(when link is spin attacking) lil Mac dodges through and(the peculiar/interesting part)pushes off the tree/post? doing an attack. was wondering if anyone would check that out to confirm that that is what is happening.

Last edited:

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I think it needs to be viewed in slow motion just for the extra clarification. Also what move would that even be a windup for? We've been shown his neutral up down and side specials and I doubt a regular attack would have a wind up but maybe...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There's a missing apostrophe with the were-we're.

Grammar comes before love.
You'd hate my job then

We can't use any symbols while typing, symbols include: , . ? / - etc.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No BEN references, or Pokemon Hurts-You Version pls. Only quality pasta.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it needs to be viewed in slow motion just for the extra clarification. Also what move would that even be a windup for? We've been shown his neutral up down and side specials and I doubt a regular attack would have a wind up but maybe...
It looks like his smash attacks have wind ups, oddly enough. I think the attack he hits Link with may actually be his usmash.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
All my favorites, besides Dixie and Tingle have good chances they won't make it in. So, the only character at this point that I would be diappointed if they didn't make it in would be those Dixie. She's the only character I really like, that has a real good chance. Even Tingle is just riding the high of all Zelda characters being starter minus Gdorf. With that said, I'll be real excited if I see Falco as a starter.

Personal favorites would be: Krystal, Zoroark, Tingle Dixie Kong, Bowser Junior, Shulk, and Tharja.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Someone write a creepypasta
Sakurai died shortly after finishing SSB4 and, as one final curse to everyone who complained about final roster... he put tripping back in the game!

In all seriousness though, it annoys me to no end that he's now in such bad shape. His work ethic is literally dangerous, if not suicidal. I'll be surprised if he lives into his 60's. The guy needs a sabbatical something fierce but, no, he'll probably show up at E3 2016 and be like "lulz, here's a new For the Frog the Bell Tolls guys."

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'd be genuinly upset if Snake or Ike don't make it back. (or if any melee veteran doesn't make the cut)
But they're pretty much listed as on the chopping block, regardless of the evidence to the contrary.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wants that have no chance, or almost no chance, in hell of getting and thus won't be disappointed if they don't get in, to make it easier I'm gonna separate them into series and put characters in the order that I want them under those series (series themselves won't be in any order);

TWEWY

Joshua
Sho Minamimoto
Shiki Misaki
Neku Sakuraba
Rhyme
Beat

Fire Emblem

Black Knight
Olivia
Joshua
Tiki
Soren
Lethe
Anna
Micaiha
Ashnard
Mist

Etrian Odyssey

Anything

999/VLR

Anyone

Sands of Destruction

Anyone

Bravely Default

Edea
Tiz
Ringabel

Kingdom Heart

Heartless Sora
Any other Heartless
Axel
Demyx
Xemnas
Xigbar
Zexion
Luxor
Any other Nobody

Radiant Historia

Stocke

Aaaaaaaand that's all I can actually think of for the moment. :C

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
On the topic of impossible Smash characters, I think old Acclaim characters would be awesome, like Turok or Shadowman.

These are doubly impossible suggestions, though, since Acclaim no longer exists. :urg:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
With Little Mac revealed. I only really want King K. Rool at this point.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The only impossible Smash Character I'd like is Geno.

And we know how much of a beaten dead horse that is at this point.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
With Brawl I went arm flailing crazy for a month about a number of characters not making it in and now that I'm in my mid 20's I don't think it's appropriate for me to get too emotionally invested in the final roster. Truth be told, most of the people on my wishlist are just left overs from Brawl (and some from Melee like Geno) with the only people I've omitted over time being Captain Syrup and Vaati and the only people I've added being Ashley, Waluigi (ironically someone who I hated back in the Brawl days), and Palutena.
This. Even with DLC, they won't hit everything in this game even if we wanted them to. Sometimes characters take time. Bowser and co took a game, Wolf took two, and hell even Little Mac screams a little "late as heck" - as I'm sure other characters will.

As a real quick facet of reality, the popularity is only seen from the last game. Yeah suggestions won't matter right now but they'll matter for the next smash game. It does suck, but at least it lets us see if the character has some overall lasting power.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And yet that sig. :dizzy:
Like I said. I've got a lot of people in my sig. Half of my sig is more ''I like that character on their own merits and they could be fun given the right moveset and care."

Than ''WOW THEY MUST BE IN SMASH BROTHERS NOW. RIGHT NOW."

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Only two characters would really disappoint me by not showing up:
Solid Snake
King K. Rool

Characters I want but wouldn't be deal breakers:
Ridley
Krystal
Takamaru
Lip

Characters I would enjoy seeing:
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Palutena

The only two(three) that I would absolutely love but know I'll never see:
Banjo-Kazooie
Rayman

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So after looking at release dates next month, I've figured out who we'll probably get.

Assuming Diddy gets revealed this week for the North American release of Tropical Freeze, next month should reveal Yoshi for the North American release of Yoshi's New Island and a Pokemon character for the release of Pokemon Battle Trozei.

Mind, however, that this is a guess based on something that isn't guaranteed. I could be completely wrong.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Like I said. I've got a lot of people in my sig. Half of my sig is more ''I like that character on their own merits and they could be fun given the right moveset and care."

Than ''WOW THEY MUST BE IN SMASH BROTHERS NOW. RIGHT NOW."
But we all know that's what you really think, deep down inside. :troll:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Someone write a creepypasta
Oh no, that reminds me of that thread of NeoGAF of that guy whose friend was going to eat a 3DS cartridge of Ocarina of Time so he could have little pieces of data absorbed into his DNA. He wanted a piece of the game inside his heart, literally. One of the trippiest threads I ever read. Still hope that was just an elaborate joke.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Oh no, that reminds me of that thread of NeoGAF of that guy whose friend was going to eat a 3DS cartridge of Ocarina of Time so he could have little pieces of data absorbed into his DNA. He wanted a piece of the game inside his heart, literally. One of the trippiest threads I ever read. Still hope that was just an elaborate joke.
Sounds like Oscar-bait.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sounds like me. I need to stop watching Austin Powers and surfing 4chan as a passtime. I am becoming Frau Farbissina, and my cat is suffering because of it. (I like to yell like her)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom