• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Zelda isn't that type of character. Her best character traits stem from her natural beauty, elegance, and wisdom.

Throwing a huge pair of **** and a skimpy outfit on her would completely ruin what her character is about.
So; basically, someone taking the character in a different direction that changes nothing but their wardrobe would "completely desecrate what her character is about." She can't have natural beauty, elegance, and wisdom if they change her costume? Okay.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Zelda isn't that type of character. Her best character traits stem from her natural beauty, elegance, and wisdom.

Throwing a huge pair of **** and a skimpy outfit on her would completely ruin what her character is about.
I agree with this. Though, someone mentioned having slight see through or transparency with her outfit. There could be classy or quasi-elegant ways to go about fanservice. Then again this is Team Ninja so... that might be a mute point.

Edit: I think Real Gamer meant mostly "huge pair of ****" or heavy sexualization when referring to what they might do to her

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So; basically, someone taking the character in a different direction that changes nothing but their wardrobe would "completely desecrate what her character is about." She can't have natural beauty, elegance, and wisdom if they change her costume? Okay.
IMO, natural beauty is one thing.
Having her go around in a skimpy outfit with her chest jiggling every five seconds in another. It just doesn't feel right for a character who's known for "elegance and wisdom" to go around in something barely resembling clothing.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You do if you're transferring GBA to DS games first. It's partially necessary regardless. This is what I mean by not that easy.
For the most part, the only time I'd say that's really needed for is the Hoenn starters as those are available very late in HGSS, and thus it's not easy to restart for each. The other Pokémon from that generation are obtainable in the other Gen 4, 5 and 6 games, and none of them require nearly as much work to obtain thankfully.

Nonetheless, I will admit that if that's an option that you must use, that does make the process more tedious to do.

Hopefully. We have yet to see Pokemon Z(or whatever the 3rd game(s) is/are), which should contain any leftovers.
Hopefully, I do understand that not everyone wants to pay for bank, so the more that are available to fill up the dex for them in those other games, the better.

Exactly. It drives me insane. And telling them that usually doesn't help. :urg: What's worse is when they want to remove it for other people. :| Anyway, just needed to rant on that. It is a notable point in general related to the conversation, but yeah. Probably can leave this one at the door.
That's fair enough, and I'm sorry to hear about that as I understand how annoying that can be to deal with. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
IMO, natural beauty is one thing.
Having her go around in a skimpy outfit with her chest jiggling every five seconds in another. It just doesn't feel right for a character who's known for "elegance and wisdom" to go around in something barely resembling clothing.
It doesn't have to "feel" right. It doesn't inherently alter anything about the character.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Being a pretty cliche damsel in distress?
She's the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom and has access to multiple magic abilities which she has used throughout the series to aid Link... If that's your definition of a "pretty cliche damsel in distress" then sure feel free to think that... lol

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said they shouldn't change her wardrobe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
Did they change that from the trailer, because bombs were definitely thrown at enemies

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
She's the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom and has access to multiple magic abilities which she has used throughout the series to aid Link... If that's your definition of a "pretty cliche damsel in distress" then sure feel free to think that... lol

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said they shouldn't change her wardrobe.
How else would they "over-sexualize" her? I am sorry, I filtered out the incompetence. The size of her **** would not "over-sexualize" her. That is like saying the size of her nose would "over-sexualize" her or that her eyes "over-sexualize" her. If they keep her wardrobe equivalent to what we have seen, the size-difference isn't going to be entirely noticeable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For the most part, the only time I'd say that's really needed for is the Hoenn starters as those are available very late in HGSS, and thus it's not easy to restart for each. The other Pokémon from that generation are obtainable in the other Gen 4, 5 and 6 games, and none of them require nearly as much work to obtain thankfully.
It's more than dex completion. People want that guy they caught, not just the mon in general. Bank applies the same way. I get what you're saying, though.

Hopefully, I do understand that not everyone wants to pay for bank, so the more that are available to fill up the dex for them in those other games, the better.
It should've stayed free, actually. Extra DLC like costumes or events(like fighting more Gym Leaders type stuff, not Pokemon events) don't bother me as much. You shouldn't have to pay for that much to get a completely dex. You should just need one game, and people to play with.

That's fair enough, and I'm sorry to hear about that as I understand how annoying that can be to deal with. :ohwell:
Yeah. I'd say when they complain "Maybe I should stop playing this series." it makes you want to shout "You think?!" at that point. But can't do much about it, since it's not technically trolling. They're just a pain to deal with.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
She still is pretty much a damsel in distress in a vast majority of the games and that in itself is a cliche considering she's a princess and Link's a hero. Besides, Team Ninja is being supervised, aren't they?

Morbi

Scavenger
She still is pretty much a damsel in distress in a vast majority of the games and that in itself is a cliche considering she's a princess and Link's a hero. Besides, Team Ninja is being supervised, aren't they?
I would assume; I doubt Nintendo would let Zelda become a prostitute.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
How else would they "over-sexualize" her? I am sorry, I filtered out the incompetence. The size of her **** would not "over-sexualize" her. That is like saying the size of her nose would "over-sexualize" her or that her eyes "over-sexualize" her. If they keep her wardrobe equivalent to what we have seen, the size-difference isn't going to be entirely noticeable.
You have a point, but I think that area of the body has a bit more influence than someone's nose or eyes. A size-increase won't be the issue in itself. It's the attention it will draw and possibly become the dominant or stand out feature. In other words, she'd be ... "Team Ninja'd" dun dun dun... (bad joke is bad)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You are really over complicating what I'm trying to say so I'm going to be as simplistic as possible.

I do not want Zelda to end up looking like this:

Zelda is not a fan service type of character. Never has been never should be... period.

Morbi

Scavenger
You are really over complicating what I'm trying to say so I'm going to be as simplistic as possible.

Zelda is not a fan service type of character. Never has been never should be... period.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion; but again, that wouldn't inherently change the character, merely your perception of the character.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738

-snip-

I highly doubt Nintendo would ever really overly sexualize Zelda and second Hyrule Warriors is being developed by another company, yes with Nintendo's blessing but still another dev.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What if she was wearing the same outfit as normal zelda, but had giant boobs?

Compromise

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
All this does make me curious. What kind of outfit changes could be a possibility? I think they'd tinker with it a little. Maybe change the shoulder pads(?) for a more Dynasty Warriors-esqe type of pads. Maybe transparent slits down the sides of her dress. That's as far as I can imagine. Maybe some color pallet changes.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Paula as a strong female nintendo character.

It was through her prayers that brought about the detruction of Giygas

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's more than dex completion. People want that guy they caught, not just the mon in general. Bank applies the same way. I get what you're saying, though.
I can kind of see that point as well, and thinking about it, I think this argument stems from that as it seems to come down to how you feel about the Pokémon you're using to fill the dex. The options are available to get them all without Transporter, but if you do want that connection, then it may not feel the same as if you did it yourself.

...Clearly he's Valvagia's personification. Nice.
He actually does remind me of Volvagia, so that would be nice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can kind of see that point as well, and thinking about it, I think this argument stems from that as it seems to come down to how you feel about the Pokémon you're using to fill the dex. The options are available to get them all without Transporter, but if you do want that connection, then it may not feel the same as if you did it yourself.
Never mind getting the shinies you caught yourself. :grin:

He actually does remind me of Volvagia, so that would be nice.
At least he's not Volvagia's son. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom