• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm not sure what to think. :laugh:

Watching the Kirby anime. There are a lot of ideas for DDD in there, especially since Smash 4 DDD is looking like his anime self.
I may not watch that, but when GamesRadar covered King Dedede's return they talked about DeDeDe having a crazy voice in the cartoon

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I may not watch that, but when GamesRadar covered King Dedede's return they talked about DeDeDe having a crazy voice in the cartoon
If you mean crazy as in some loud Texan guy... well... yeah I suppose that is crazy coming from cartoon penguin with a hammer.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've been wondering this ever since Nintendo announced that figurine thing:
How would you guys react if we'll need to unlock characters via NFC figurines.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Figured as much. :laugh:

Though just because we would hate to purchase X amount of characters just to complete the roster; I wouldn't put the idea past Nintendo if Skylanders and Disney Infinity sales are anything to go off of.

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I doubt they'll be using that for Smash, honestly. The target audiences don't cross enough for the decision to be affordable.
To answer your hypothetical question, I would be sad for my wallet. Anything for Smash, even if it means economical suicide.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The day they do it for a mainline RPG Pokemon game, i give up on Pokemon.
700+ pokemon? At that point it's like trying to get every single Beanie Baby plush that has ever existed.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd probably not pick up the game unless that's just one of the many cool options to quickly unlock a character. Like Mario Kart Wii has. You can unlock Rosalina faster if you have a Super Mario Galaxy save.

I was already annoyed that the only way to get the Olimar trophy in Melee was having a Pikmin save file. Again, having the file should make the trophy show up much more quickly than others, but that's all it should do.

The day they do it for a mainline RPG Pokemon game, i give up on Pokemon.
They are already close to doing so with Event Pokemon and some Pokemon only available via Poke Bank, which requires paying for. It's ultimately the same problem.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

For those who wonder what the hell Shia from Hyrule Warriors look like, here it is straight from IGN. And to believe that Veran was the only sexualized Zelda character.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
So apparently the red hot guy in hyrule warriors is Volvagia/ someone dressed like Volvagia from Ocarina of Time.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd probably not pick up the game unless that's just one of the many cool options to quickly unlock a character. Like Mario Kart Wii has. You can unlock Rosalina faster if you have a Super Mario Galaxy save. I was already annoyed that the only way to get the Olimar trophy in Melee was having a Pikmin save file. Again, having the file should make the trophy show up much more quickly than others, but that's all it should do.

They are already close to doing so with Event Pokemon and some Pokemon only available via Poke Bank, which requires paying for. It's ultimately the same problem
Yeah, it would be OK if, and only if, it was an option. But it would have to be more than just you get the character earlier than you would if you did it manually. Figurines would have to also offer things like exclusive character costumes, songs, SFX, Custom move options-- No. I refuse to make this sound enticing.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
They'd never see a dime from me and I'd move on to other games.

They are already close to doing so with Event Pokemon and some Pokemon only available via Poke Bank, which requires paying for. It's ultimately the same problem.
It's only Celebi that was available for Bank, and it was more of a gift as it was also available during the free period, so you didn't have to pay for it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, it would be OK if, and only if, it was an option. But it would have to be more than just you get the character earlier than you would if you did it manually. Figurines would have to also offer things like exclusive character costumes, songs, SFX, Custom move options-- No. I refuse to make this sound enticing.
I'd still say no even then. Let us unlock it regardless of that. I'd sooner take DLC(even paid) since I can at least get them easily online without problems. Instead of rushing to buy figurines before they're all sold out.

Those kind of features tend to go sour since it's a limited supply overall. Same with card games, board games(figurine or otherwise)...

It's only good for making unlocking easier and nothing more.

It's only Celebi that was available for Bank, and it was more of a gift as it was available during the free period, so you didn't have to pay for it.
Not what I'm talking about at all. Although that too, but you have to use Pokemon Bank to transfer past Pokemon over. This makes them almost entirely unobtainable by default, since unless somebody else was lucky enough to bring them over, you can't finish the Dex. You're paying to finish the dex in some way. Which is kind of silly, considering it's never been done before.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

For those who wonder what the hell Shia from Hyrule Warriors look like, here it is straight from IGN. And to believe that Veran was the only sexualized Zelda character.
Eeeyup. About time we saw this in a Zelda game.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The only reason I saw plausibility in the idea was when I thought about how trophies are essentially digital figurines. And after seeing how Sakurai handled Kid Icarus: Uprising with the AR cards, i could just imagine Sakurai putting out character figurines with the smash logo emblazoned on it like the trophies in the games do.

@ Arcanir Arcanir Yeah, I believe Celebi is the only poke bank offered poke. But once people transfer their Pokemon to a 6th gen game, they could just painstakingly transfer them through trading.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Not what I'm talking about at all. Although that too, but you have to use Pokemon Bank to transfer past Pokemon over. This makes them almost entirely unobtainable by default, since unless somebody else was lucky enough to bring them over, you can't finish the Dex. You're paying to finish the dex in some way. Which is kind of silly, considering it's never been done before.
That's the only Pokémon available from Bank, so I don't know what you mean then.

Also, not really. Firstly, that one month period is a lot of time to transfer old Pokémon over from the previous games to the new ones, and then you can drop the service without so much as spending a dime. Similarly, even if you did miss that period, the Pokedex can easily be filled up through other methods such as Trading or their eventual rerelease in other games (ex. ORAS), so there's never that necessity to buy that service if you want to fill the Pokedex.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'd still say no even then. Let us unlock it regardless of that. I'd sooner take DLC(even paid) since I can at least get them easily online without problems. Instead of rushing to buy figurines before they're all sold out.

Those kind of features tend to go sour since it's a limited supply overall. Same with card games, board games(figurine or otherwise)...
It's only good for making unlocking easier and nothing more.
I personally wouldn't buy anything in a game that i knew i couldn't get through playing the game. Nintendo would have to find a way to entice people, who aren't figurine collectors, to go out of their way to buy this physical content. They need to do something extra to get me even interested in buying one. I didn't think of it as DLC, I compared it to more of pre-order bonuses. Most games would offer an exclusive skin, item or something frilly no one else could get through other means. I think maybe exclusive custom move options are a bit broken maybe if they kept the extra content to superficial aesthetic features
Eeeyup. About time we saw this in a Zelda game.
:4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's the only Pokémon available from Bank, so I don't know what you mean then.

Also, not really. Firstly, that one month period is a lot of time to transfer old Pokémon over from the previous games to the new ones, and then you can drop the service without so much as spending a dime. Similarly, even if you did miss that period, the Pokedex can easily be filled up through other methods such as Trading or their eventual rerelease in other games (ex. ORAS), so there's never that necessity to buy that service if you want to fill the Pokedex.
That assumes you have all the time in the world to do it. A month is hardly enough when you have to transfer everything to each cartridge while still doing things like going to work, school stuff, other general activities that don't include DS's, and only if you have multiple DS's, etc.

It's actually not enough time for some people who are busy. ORAS may not even have every Pokemon available either. No, it's not nearly that easy, and I already know some... people(as I'll put it) who refuses to even trade online. They'd at best only use Pokemon Bank and nothing more. As sad as it sounds, some actually hate that the series requires socialization. :facepalm:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Link's Duck Hunt isn't really a memorable game... :p
Well of course not.

You don't have a ****ing ass dog laughing at you when you don;t shoot one of the damned ducks.

I sooooo want to put a bullet through that dog's ass.

Please Sakurai. Put the Duck Hunt Dog in Smash so I can beat the **** out of it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well of course not.

You don't have a ****ing *** dog laughing at you when you don;t shoot one of the damned ducks.

I sooooo want to put a bullet through that dog's ***.

Please Sakurai. Put the Duck Hunt Dog in Smash so I can beat the **** out of it.
Honestly, I want the Duck Hunt Dog in as playable so I can do the opposite of what you just said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom