• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Just looking at this picture makes me excited to play the game. Game looks like it's practically done.
looking and being done are two different things though.
Still waiting for the "You must recover" PotD though...

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
When you look at a character page, it has the links at the bottom for each character.

My computer has seven blank spots after Pit.
Just a question of curiousity on my part, but why are the characters named by name except for those seven? Or are those seven blanks after Pit just meant to set up the scrolling character select thingie on the bottom of the page?

EDIT: Never mind, I see what you mean. I'm just an imbecile, don't mind me.

In other news, Brown Bowser I really like that alt color.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Just a question of curiousity on my part, but why are the characters named by name except for those seven? Or are those seven blanks after Pit just meant to set up the scrolling character select thingie on the bottom of the page?
I think it's just the scrolling character select. The characters don't make it even with the bar being nine at a time with 29 characters. It's just to make it look neater by making it 4 groups of nine instead of three groups of nine and a group of two.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The blanks space have been proven to have nothing to do with the roster amount. If you go to a phone, it has a different number of blank spots. My current one has 3 unique spots after it scrolls among the different dots.

Basically, they were always blank. It depends what you use to go the site, but the number of blank spots vary among devices, making them useless information.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
In other news, Brown Bowser I really like that alt color.
Word. Wonder if there will be shiny alt colors for Charizard, Greninja and Lucario. Pikachu wouldn't really need it. as it's shiny alt is just a more saturated yellow.

They could possibly even leave light sparkle trails when the move too! :b:

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The blanks space have been proven to have nothing to do with the roster amount. If you go to a phone, it has a different number of blank spots. My current one has 3 unique spots after it scrolls among the different dots.

Basically, they were always blank. It depends what you use to go the site, but the number of blank spots vary among devices, making them useless information.

As I have learned. *Puts on dunce hat*

How about some Hyrule Warriors screenshots? http://nintendoeverything.com/new-hyrule-warriors-screenshots/

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm not EVEN gonna pretend I'm a tech expert, so this post may make me look like an imbecile. BUT with that said:

I just decided to randomly check the page source for the Smash website on one of the character pages (Sonic specifically if that helps) and something I noticed was in the section that seems to list characters with "other-characters-(insert character name here) .gif" has about 7 listings for "other-character-none.gif".... am I to take this as us getting 7 character reveals coming soon or am I to take this as absolutely nothing but myself being an ABSOLUTE imbecile? Pic attached. It's a little big, so I'm not posting it directly. The part in question is circled (or squared rather) in red.
Why do other Pokemon have their Japanese names but not Lucario?

Heck.

Why do some have their Western name at the beginning, like Bowser.html, and then go to their Japanese name, like Koopa.gif, while others don't, like Lizardon.html to Lizardon.gif?

Why is it so inconsistent? e_e

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey , I think that's actually Bowser's black-shelled color swap, like in Brawl, but with orange hair now because regular Bowser has red hair now.

You know, the palette I always use for Bowser? :chuckle:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
@ Moon Monkey Moon Monkey , I think that's actually Bowser's black-shelled color swap, like in Brawl, but with orange hair now because regular Bowser has red hair now.

You know, the palette I always use for Bowser? :chuckle:
Yea, I believe you're right. It looks glorious in HD.
Can't wait to see albino DK! Sweet, Sweet, SWEET milky white fur!

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Why do other Pokemon have their Japanese names but not Lucario?

Heck.

Why do some have their Western name at the beginning, like Bowser.html, and then go to their Japanese name, like Koopa.gif, while others don't, like Lizardon.html to Lizardon.gif?

Why is it so inconsistent? e_e

Well I know that Lucario is the same name he uses in the Japanese version, so that'd explain that.

regarding Bowser.html... like I said, I'm not a tech expert, in fact I probably shouldn't have even brought it up to begin with.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My guess is he might go by what's the most popular name? Honestly, I can't figure it out either. I mean, they all work fine, but eh.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/053/621/537c998637ac3.html
New photos of Hyrule Warriors and new information (taken from GoNintendo):
Package price of \7,980, DL price \6,980. Also a premium box for \11,644.

The premium box contains a Tri Force shaped tabletop clock, and six serial codes for special costumes.

Two players can play simultaneously, one playing off the TV and the other playing off the game pad. During single play, the game pad is used as a sub menu.

The play style evolves with the ability to set your character with various weapons, such as the speed focused sword and damage focused heavy weapons.

The game has a weapon strengthening system and elements of character growth.

Uses the action style of Dynasty Warriors as a base, and adds the Z-targeting from the Zelda games. Skillful play makes avoiding attacks and aiming for enemy weak points simple.

The Zelda series's familiar spin attack is replaced with the Musou attack from Dynasty Warriors.

The bomb returns. It sounds as though its use isn't limited to chucking at enemies.

Impa, a newly appointed captain of the Hyrule army, is confirmed as a playable character. She uses a giant sword.

Besides Link and Impa, the game is expected to have a number of other playable characters. Aonuma is even noted commenting on the great number of characters planned.

The game will be playable at E3.

Current development progress is 70% complete.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
In other news, Black Bowser I really like that alt color.
Fixed because that's the black color. Not the brown. It's the same black one that showed up in Melee and was still in Brawl.

The second one here is the black one in the PoTD. The actual brown Bowser is the one at the very end.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace

I goofed since I thought this thread's countdown were for Nintendo E3 but I realized that it was for general E3. I decided to skipped a day, since this countdown is sole for Nintendo E3. :)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm guessing that female character is this Shia? She looks very.... Dead or Alive-ish? If she's going into battle she really oughta wear a bit more armor
I was thinking along of the lines Ivy-ish from Soul Calibur. I don't know what it is, but I just can't put my hands on it...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That version of Link looks quite masculine to me. The face looks slightly feminine at best, but not the whole body.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Bah.

Someone told me Lucario's Japanese name was Rucario.

What I get for not looking it up myself. :L
Rucario... Lucario... Technically, both names are correct romanizations of his Japanese name. Lucario's name written in Japanese is: ルカリオ (Rukario).

There are no "L" sounds in Japanese, so all "L" sounds are converted into "R" sounds in Japanese, which by the way is different from English and actually more similar with Latin-based languages, notably Spanish and Portuguese.

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors having Impa as a playable character, I think a well-known member here will be happy to have his waifu playable. :troll:

Also, Link looking feminine is not surprising, considering it's a Japanese game we're talking about. What was that Japanese word for those effeminate male characters? Bishounen? Look it up, anyway.

Or I could link you to TV Tropes instead, and make you waste many hours of your life... :evil::troll:

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Also, Link looking feminine is not surprising, considering it's a Japanese game we're talking about. What was that Japanese word for those effeminate male characters? Bishounen? Look it up, anyway.
Don't remind me.

I still know what the Japanese version of TTYD did with Vivian.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well it is being made by the guys who made Dynasty Warriors and in that game style. Over the top and extraggeration is kind of the name of the game in that series. It would make sense they would take a character like Link who's never been the exactly traditionally Mascaline appearance and extraggrate the features a bit.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
"Prease understand"

My comments are getting odder by the minute.

You'll never out-odd me!

By the way, that notification eating monster hasn't been around lately. Wonder if he finally realized Chicken Nuggets provided more nutritional value to digital monsters than notifications? Or maybe he's just sick, ate a bad notification or something. I dunno. I don't miss him though :)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope the alternate costumes work like they did in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.
One of the few things that game got right.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Anyone else wonder why in Brawl they chose the instrumental versions of His World and Snake Eater instead of the vocal ones?
Might be because the instrumentals are more suited for fighting background music as opposed to the full versions. The lyrics would probably clash with the game sound effects and character voices (imo).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

MUST BE AN ALT COSTUME!!! LINK LOOKS SO BOSS!
I love how scarves make everything look good. Sakurai should add a scarf alt to every character. Totally would be awesome. Lol But seriously, loving this Link pic. I hope it finds its way to being an alt for Link.

Also in other news, I deleted my Facebook. Now I can... not be on Facebook!

Sounded more accomplished in my head- apologies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Might be because the instrumentals are more suited for fighting background music as opposed to the full versions. The lyrics would probably clash with the game sound effects and character voices (imo).
I agree with this. I can understand, though, that it IS odd considering there's also Sonic Heroes and Call Into The Night, both being vocal tracks.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I love how scarves make everything look good. Sakurai should add a scarf alt to every character. Totally would be awesome. Lol But seriously, loving this Link pic. I hope it finds its way to being an alt for Link.

Also in other news, I deleted my Facebook. Now I can... not be on Facebook!

Sounded more accomplished in my head- apologies.
I really like how the blues adds to Links overall design. The accent blues on his eyes, gloves, socks and his scarf really makes Link aesthetically pleasing to look at from a design standpoint. Also +20 Strider Points :b:. Honestly, this needs to be the new official look for Link. After seeing this, there is no going back.

As for Facebook, I never really was interested in Facebook. I learned my lesson back when Myspace was the hot SSN site.
Everyone who i wish to talk to are in my phone contacts, and I text them. I don't want to be pestered by that dude who sat behind me in math asking me to "friend him"

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
The only reason I have a FB account is to keep in touch with family and friends that are far away, especially the ones that can't be bothered to text or call. Beyond that, I could care less about it.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom