• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
IF stickers are remotely returning since the lack of Subspace Emissary ruins the real purpose of having them.
Haha yeah, I don't see them coming back. Hopefully that results in a better collection of trophies - what we've seen so far suggests that it's significantly better.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Don't worry about link being the only playable character in hyrule warriors. The developers said in an interview that there will be an unexpected playable character.

That said the first hokuto musou and one piece musou had about 10 characters playable. I wouldn't expect any more then 12.

D

Deleted member

There is only one video game character in the whole entire world that if he got into Smash, very low if as well, that would get me to main him and disregard playstyle and feel of a character. :L
Exactly how I felt with Mega Man. I told myself that if Mega Man gets in this game, I would main him unconditionally. The fact that he turned out as amazing made that into something super obvious to do for this game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Exactly how I felt with Mega Man. I told myself that if Mega Man gets in this game, I would main him unconditionally. The fact that he turned out as amazing made that into something super obvious to do for this game.
Actually, the same would occur for me with paper mario. My main now in mr game&watch but it might change... it might change.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
There is only one video game character in the whole entire world that if he got into Smash, very low if as well, that would get me to main him and disregard playstyle and feel of a character. :L
Name the character or face excommunication. I have two: Marina Liteyears and Frog (Chrono Trigger).

EDIT: I see. Why are you using his Japanese name?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Name the character or face excommunication. I have two: Marina Liteyears and Frog (Chrono Trigger).

EDIT: I see. Why are you using his Japanese name?
What's life without a little random spice and variety?

Plus saying Yoshiya Kiryu makes it less chance for him to be mixed up with other Joshuas from other games, like say the Joshua from Fire emblem lol. Though funnily enough, the Joshua from Fire Emblem is still one of my fave FE characters. Gee, I wonder why.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They say there is some mystery 3DS title coming at E3

But with the announcement of Ruby and Sapphire remakes, what in the world title could be big enough in comparison to warrant being a mystery title?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just had a thought

What if they are finally releasing Majora's Mask

Also I have no idea what conduit is

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The Limited North American edition is what I'd like, but if it included the hat and mask, I would be in heaven.

Guess I gotta spend another $50+ for them on the ubisoft store. :/

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Posting this here for off-topicness...

Sorry to be off-topic, but imagine a Male Zelda. And I don't mean Sheik when I say that.
Luckily I don't have to as Zelda is the goddess Hylia reborn. ;)

jk, jk... Honestly though, I'd wouldn't mind seeing a Zeldo (male Zelda lol), but there will have to be retcons. I'm more inclined to believe we'll see a playable female character (like Zelda. wtf is a CD-i?) before a female Link.

If you really think the fundamental aspects of the game would be changed that much by a gender change or gender option, I feel sorry for you.
Hahaha, yeah. Link being a pirate or a train conductor plays a big importance on the game's plot. Being female? Not so much depending on how they handle it. For example, with a hypothetical female Link, they could touch on the theme of reincarnation. Show us that Link is a reincarnation of the hero's "spirit" rather than another direct portrayal of the same character we know. But this is just something I'd personally like to see...

Oh, and more Zelda spin-offs. I mean, it's a big series, and I'd love to see them switch up the genre.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...be_inspired_wired_fight_pad_for_wii_and_wii_u

Apparently the game accessory company PDP is going to make a "GameCube-inspired wired fight pad" for Wii U (although it might be also for vanilla Wii) and plan to release it around the same time as Wii U Smash's release with a $24.99 price tag.

Do note the picture in the article is NOT the controller they are speaking of and the article writer has asked PDP for a prototype image.

I'm fine with the Wii U Pro Controller but this news should interest many.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...be_inspired_wired_fight_pad_for_wii_and_wii_u

Apparently the game accessory PDP is going to make a "GameCube-inspired wired fight pad" for Wii U (although it might be also for vanilla Wii) and plan to release it around the same time as Wii U Smash's release with a $24.99 price tag.

Due note the picture in the article is NOT the controller they are speaking of and the article writer has asked PDP for a prototype image.

I love the prototype design. It's great for fighters as is. I even have a similarly designed 3rd party n64 controller. Almost the same overall. Also, we can probably customize are controls like in Brawl, so the L/R button placement wouldn't be a problem anyway.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I'm not EVEN gonna pretend I'm a tech expert, so this post may make me look like an imbecile. BUT with that said:

I just decided to randomly check the page source for the Smash website on one of the character pages (Sonic specifically if that helps) and something I noticed was in the section that seems to list characters with "other-characters-(insert character name here) .gif" has about 7 listings for "other-character-none.gif".... am I to take this as us getting 7 character reveals coming soon or am I to take this as absolutely nothing but myself being an ABSOLUTE imbecile? Pic attached. It's a little big, so I'm not posting it directly. The part in question is circled (or squared rather) in red.

Attachments

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I love the prototype design. It's great for fighters as is. I even have a similarly designed 3rd party n64 controller. Almost the same overall. Also, we can probably customize are controls like in Brawl, so the L/R button placement wouldn't be a problem anyway.
That's not the prototype but a totally different controller. They haven't posted said prototype image yet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm not EVEN gonna pretend I'm a tech expert, so this post may make me look like an imbecile. BUT with that said:

I just decided to randomly check the page source for the Smash website on one of the character pages (Sonic specifically if that helps) and something I noticed was in the section that seems to list characters with "other-characters-(insert character name here) .gif" has about 7 listings for "other-character-none.gif".... am I to take this as us getting 7 character reveals coming soon or am I to take this as absolutely nothing but myself being an ABSOLUTE imbecile? Pic attached. It's a little big, so I'm not posting it directly. The part in question is circled (or squared rather) in red.
Well, they could be placeholders for newer characters...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Apparently the game accessory PDP is going to make a "GameCube-inspired wired fight pad" for Wii U (although it might be also for vanilla Wii) and plan to release it around the same time as Wii U Smash's release with a $24.99 price tag.

Do note the picture in the article is NOT the controller they are speaking of and the article writer has asked PDP for a prototype image.

Oh man, if this is as good as I think it is.....dsgjkdsnfgkhzxdfgoidsjgiodsg HYPE!
Hopefully the design is fairly close to the GC with the addition of a ZL button.

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Well, they could be placeholders for newer characters...

See, that's KIND OF what I thought, but like I said, I don't speak that level of tech, so I'm not gonna go "Ermagherd new characters" anytime soon, but with E3 right around the corner and such, I kind of got excited. I was honestly just really bored and decided to see what "view page source" did. I've heard of people uncovering things that way on occasion and I thought I'd give it a try. I... don't know if I found anything at all but in my uneducated opinion I thought that was sort of a weird way to list characters myself.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
See, that's KIND OF what I thought, but like I said, I don't speak that level of tech, so I'm not gonna go "Ermagherd new characters" anytime soon, but with E3 right around the corner and such, I kind of got excited. I was honestly just really bored and decided to see what "view page source" did. I've heard of people uncovering things that way on occasion and I thought I'd give it a try. I... don't know if I found anything at all but in my uneducated opinion I thought that was sort of a weird way to list characters myself.
When you look at a character page, it has the links at the bottom for each character.

My computer has seven blank spots after Pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom