• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Have you guys seen IGN's top 100 last ten games list? That really made me mad. Brawl, Kart, Metroid, and Skyward Sword were placed so low, I had an aneurysm. Seriously, I think
IGN is actually becoming more fanboyish.
Everything but Metroid shouldn't really be that high imo. If Metroid Prime was like anything lower than 50 I might cry

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Have you guys seen IGN's top 100 last ten games list? That really made me mad. Brawl, Kart, Metroid, and Skyward Sword were placed so low, I had an aneurysm. Seriously, I think
The only reason you should ever listen to IGN is because the offer good game coverage.

Other than that, they are pointless to follow. You better believe when Call of Duty: "Advanced" Warfare was announced it was all over their front page.

Morbi

Scavenger
The only reason you should ever listen to IGN is because the offer good game coverage.

Other than that, they are pointless to follow. You better believe when Call of Duty: "Advanced" Warfare was announced it was all over their front page.
It was all over everyone's front page to be fair. It was a pretty big announcement.

D

Deleted member

Did he go bannanas about Shiek being confirmed, by chance? I would of loved to see that.

Also, I'm on the computer this time. No phone- quicker responses. :D
If he did, I didn't see.
Then again, I haven't checked the Sheik thread or the Impa thread since the reveal.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't see the point.
It'll most likely be just like every other CoD game with fancier graphics.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I like that Shiek is her own character too. But really, who isn't loving that? This is Shiek's shining moment. I feel her, ZZS and Charizard have been given a new start in this game, and one that looks to be in their favor.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That ain't Falco:
[collapse=Newcomer LEAK!!!]

:troll:[/collapse]

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
I like that Shiek is her own character too. But really, who isn't loving that? This is Shiek's shining moment. I feel her, ZZS and Charizard have been given a new start in this game, and one that looks to be in their favor.
Losing transformations means losing options, and that's always a disadvantage. I just hope they buff the transforming characters to make up for their loss -- and to make the characters feel complete by themselves.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Losing transformations means losing options, and that's always a disadvantage. I just hope they buff the transforming characters to make up for their loss -- and to make the characters feel complete by themselves.
These losses are more of a good thing than bad, and that's what matter, in my opinion. So in otherwords:
But not really.

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
But not really.
Care to elaborate? I think it's rather obvious that being unable to transform when the situation demands it is pretty disadvantageous.

This'll definitely have a good impact on character balance as well, no doubt about that, what I'm worried about is whether Sakurai'll provide these characters enough tools to make up for the lost variety. Sheik's grenade doesn't quite hold up to strong smashes and a whole another set of Special moves, including better recovery. They'll need buffs beyond the new down B's they're receiving. Just saying, utility matters.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Care to elaborate? I think it's rather obvious that being unable to transform when the situation demands it is pretty disadvantageous.
Like what? Dodging Bob-Ombs on Super Sudden Death on Temple? I've never heard of a situation that "requires" transformations. Could you please name one situation in which transformations is demanding?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1. Transforming mid battle is super unreliable, just due to how laggy it is.

2. In Melee the only real to transform to Zelda from Sheik was to recover, and even then you don;t need it all the time. Brawl is pretty much the same, even though they tried to nerf Sheik in Brawl to try and make transformation get used more, but it is still unreliable.

3. this finally gives Zelda a chance to be, at least, a decent character now that she isn't tied down and let sheik go back to normal, now that she isn't tied down to being bad for a transformation, and possibly be top tier again.

4. The characters already have tools that make them full characters even with transformation, just Zelda has always had bad tools while Sheik's tools got nerfed in Brawl.

5. Transformations have always been not good. Deal with it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
1. Transforming mid battle is super unreliable, just due to how laggy it is.

2. In Melee the only real to transform to Zelda from Sheik was to recover, and even then you don;t need it all the time. Brawl is pretty much the same, even though they tried to nerf Sheik in Brawl to try and make transformation get used more, but it is still unreliable.

3. this finally gives Zelda a chance to be, at least, a decent character now that she isn't tied and let get sheik go back to normal, now that she isn;t tied down to being bad for a tansformation and possibly be top tier again.

4. The characters already have tools that make them full characters even with transformation, just Zelda has always had bad tools while Sheik's tools got nerfed in Brawl.

5. Transformations have always been not good. Deal with it.
At least let the man breathe explain himself, now. He may or may not have a point.

EDIT: BTW, if anyone's playing Pokemon X or Y, I'm trading two Six IV Dittos. PM me so we don't interrupt the General Threads. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Transformations would only be useful if both characters were higher tier.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think I understand where Nitric Acid is coming from, but I'd tend to disagree with many of the details in the concept.

Having a character with transformation DOES allow for more versatility, she/he would be able to perform about twice as many moves as a normal character in any given match. However, like mimgrim stated, this can also create a huge disadvantage due to lag. Half the time I just wait for Pokemon Trainer or Zelda to transform and hit them when they're vulnerable (I know a good player can avoid it, but I'd say it hampers their offense ability, as opposed to increasing it)

And I understand his point about needing the moves replacing transformation to be top tier, hope the grenade move is not a sub par move.

But I think getting rid of transformations is a great sign, that shows the developers are actually focusing on the singular characters, so Nitric, I really hope you're wrong, because if you are, we will both enjoy the game more ;)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
The Grenades didn't replace the transformation anyway. They replaced the Belmont chain.

Her new Dspecial was another disappearing move IIRC.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
They make their Facebook updates in a way that totally screams "we're trying to start a fanboy war." I seriously do not like them anymore.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It looks amazing. There's actually a story to it too. I can't wait. Impa looks badass. There's a new villain and she's a witch which is super cool. Link is the General of a whole army!
Has anyone translated that? If so, what's with the Twilight Princess image on the bottom-right corner of the first page? (Link's page, I don't know if magazines in Japan are also read right to left)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
View attachment 14434
Discuss.

If you already have, do it again.
I'm very excited for this game. Since Aonuma is supervising the game and said game has a story, I'm starting to think there's a chance of it being in the official timeline. Plus I'm VERY curious what sortment of playable characters we'll see.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Don't get your hopes up and expect Ghirahim to appear as anything other than a secret playable character. (Which would probably make it a non-canonical appearance.)

I'm excited to see Ghirahim too, but don't get your hopes too high.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't get your hopes up and expect Ghirahim to appear as anything other than a secret playable character. (Which would probably make it a non-canonical appearance.)

I'm excited to see Ghirahim too, but don't get your hopes too high.
Well, if the game is as inspired by Skyward Sword as it seems to be, I consider it somewhat more likely.

However, contrary to my behavior, I don't get my hopes up for anything.

For example, the Gematsu leak is completely true and Mewtwo and Ridley are out of the picture. Oh, and Link is the only playable character in Hyrule Warriors.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, it's obviously going to be Vaati whose playable. :awesome:
I could honestly see him as a secret playable character as well. Or as a boss. I mean, he is one of the more recurring characters in the Zelda series.

This is basically the maximum I can see happening in the way of playable characters:
Link
Zelda
Sheik (Probably Transformation)
Impa
Midna (Not Fi for semi-obvious reasons.)
Tingle
Ganondorf
Ganon (Probably Transformation)
Ghirahim
Vaati
Dark Link
Pit
Takamaru

This is what I expect:
Link
Zelda
Impa