• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Here's here full appearance in all it's Veran-esque glory. Watch people ask for her to be in Smash. :troll:
Soooo, our next Tharja? :troll:

Veran got away with it because it was limited only to her artwork, considering it was GBC game. Not in Shia's case though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That fanservice.

Then again, Team Ninja is involved, so it's not surprising at all
Team Ninja is helping to make this?
It all makes sense now! I'm more hopeful for this game to be good now. I thought it was just going to be another run-of the mill Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin. Hopefully the game will have something more substantial than i initially thought.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That assumes you have all the time in the world to do it. A month is hardly enough when you have to transfer everything to each cartridge while still doing things like going to work, school stuff, other general activities that don't include DS's, and only if you have multiple DS's, etc.
Even in the worst case scenario, that doesn't take a month. If you just focus on unobtainables in XY, it just takes 3 sessions with the Bank to get them over from Gen 5 to 6. The worst part is just getting the Gen 4 Pokémon over to Gen 5, and there are not that nearly many for it to be that much of a hassle.

Also, you don't need multiple DS's to transfer, both Poketransfer and Teleport only require one, and you don't need to trade between the Gen 4 and 5 games to do it.

It's actually not enough time for some people who are busy. ORAS may not even have every Pokemon available either.
ORAS will probably have the majority that are not available, and whatever isn't will be in Z/XX/XY/XZ/YZ/etc. Pokémon has done that in every generation and this one will definitely not be any different.

No, it's not nearly that easy, and I already know some... people(as I'll put it) who refuses to even trade online. They'd at best only use Pokemon Bank and nothing more. As sad as it sounds, some actually hate that the series requires socialization. :facepalm:
As blunt as it is to say, that's a limitation that they put on themselves. That doesn't negate the fact that the online is a resource that is easily exploitable to obtain every single Pokémon, a few that refuse to don't do it for personal reasons doesn't remove the fact that it's an option always available.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Even in the worst case scenario, that doesn't take a month. If you just focus on unobtainables in XY, it just takes 3 sessions with the Bank to get them over from Gen 5 to 6. The worst part is just getting the Gen 4 Pokémon over to Gen 5, and there are not that nearly many for it to be that much of a hassle.

Also, you don't need multiple DS's to transfer, both Poketransfer and Teleport only require one, and you don't need to trade between the Gen 4 and 5 games to do it.
You do if you're transferring GBA to DS games first. It's partially necessary regardless. This is what I mean by not that easy.

ORAS will probably have the majority that are not available, and whatever isn't will be in Z/XX/XY/XZ/YZ/etc. Pokémon has done that in every generation and this one will definitely not be any different.
Hopefully. We have yet to see Pokemon Z(or whatever the 3rd game(s) is/are), which should contain any leftovers.

As blunt as it is to say, that's a limitation that they put on themselves. That doesn't negate the fact that the online is a resource that is easily exploitable to obtain every single Pokémon, a few that refuse to do it for personal reasons doesn't remove that option from the pool.
Exactly. It drives me insane. And telling them that usually doesn't help. :urg: What's worse is when they want to remove it for other people. :| Anyway, just needed to rant on that. It is a notable point in general related to the conversation, but yeah. Probably can leave this one at the door.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Team Ninja is helping to make this?
It all makes sense now! I'm more hopeful for this game to be good now. I thought it was just going to be another run-of the mill Dynasty Warriors game with a Zelda skin. Hopefully the game will have something more substantial than i initially thought.
Both Omega Force (main devs of the Warriors series) and Team Ninja (devs of Ninja Gaiden and Dead of Alive) are developing the game with Eiji Aonuma (Nintendo and main producer of the Zelda series) as a supervisor.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I found the N64 Goddesses to be more disturbing than sexy...
The Great Fairy creeped me out when I first saw her.
All I was trying to highlight is that fan service is nothing new to the Zelda series... This is just the first time we've had an HD model to ogle at, which is why some people are making a bigger deal of it than it really is.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All I was trying to highlight is that fan service is nothing new to the Zelda series... This is just the first time we've had an HD model to ogle at, which is why some people are making a bigger deal of it than it really is.
Still, this is Team Ninja we're talking about.
Any of that will be blown out of the waters with this.
And, since jiggle physics will somehow be involved. Just watch, they'll put that on the Gorons.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Both Omega Force (main devs of the Warriors series) and Team Ninja (devs of Ninja Gaiden and Dead of Alive) are developing the game with Eiji Aonuma (Nintendo and main producer of the Zelda series) as a supervisor.
Sounds promising! Maybe this game might actually be legit.
I don't think Eiji would allow a "Zelda" project to go **** under his supervision. At least I hope he wouldn't.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I agree the fanservice in Hyrule Warriors isn't a big deal. After all, I've played games and watched anime with more fanservice than that.

Sounds promising! Maybe this game might actually be legit.
I don't think Eiji would allow a "Zelda" project to go **** under his supervision. At least I hope he wouldn't.
With that team, you can expect a good game. I mean, this is a Zelda x Warriors crossover and you got the main producer of one series and the studio who created and developed the games of the other series, plus another developer known for developing hack and slash games (like the Warriors series).

It would be really strange and mindblowing if this game turned out bad.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
And, since jiggle physics will somehow be involved. Just watch, they'll put that on the Gorons.
:drsad: ... that just deflated the air out of me. XV nuuuu....

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make zelda look normal

Except her dress being that kind of see through stuff

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I hope it doesn't asplode like Metroid: Other M did. Then again, that was purely Sakamoto's... ingenuity... or what passes for it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's the scary part. I'm calling for an M rating if we must be exposed to such... such ... brb, drowning mental images
Well, this is still Nintendo after all (and one of their biggest franchises for heaven's sake), I don't think they'll allow them to go too far (trolling with the fanbase however is another story).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whenever Team Ninja or Bandai Namco are involved in a game's production, expect fanservice.

Cases in point: Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Metroid: Other M, Project X Zone and even the new Smash Bros. to an extent.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That's the scary part. I'm calling for an M rating if we must be exposed to such... such ... brb, drowning mental images
Aonuma is still supervising the game though. I doubt Nintendo would let them go into M territory, especially since it involves an AAA franchise.
Soooooo. I've been pranked.

Who pranked me? :laugh:
Look out for premium members. (Check your list of friends for starters.)

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If they over-sexualize Zelda I will be mad. I'm fine with fan service but only when it's appropriate... Zelda's not that kind of character.
Yeah, Zelda is more of a serene and regal character. Sultry and Zelda don't really go together.
Would much rather see Thelma that way though.
Team Ninja should make a mario game
Can only imagine seeing Goombas in ****-me-high-heels :urg:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Whenever Team Ninja or Bandai Namco are involved in a game's production, expect fanservice.

Cases in point: Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Metroid: Other M, Project X Zone and even the new Smash Bros. to an extent.
Eh, I would exactly call the Smash 4 "fanservicey".
It's E10+ at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom