• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've already asked off work. Last year I just took off the morning but with everything that's going to go down this year, I'm taking the whole day. All the Smash stuff that's going to be shown is reason enough but with a new Zelda and Metroid practically being a lock and the high probability of at least one old Nintendo franchise getting revived, E3 this year will probably be just as good if not better than E3 2006 and 2010.
I'll probably just read it on here or TVTropes. I used to watch it on G4 Tech TV, but... yeah. That channel went to crap. Kind of like Cartoon Nework did, except way worse. At least CN does still have great stuff.

Dott

Smash Ace
Excuse me but i have to now if i am the only one who consider this a masterpiece in all ways.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Anybody wanna hear the coolest version of The Three Little Pigs you ever did hear?

Or perhaps you don't wanna hear it ever... not even by the hair on your chinny chin chin.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
While we're posting random youtube videos, I might as well post this gem I found yesterday. Probably my favorite remix next to the Livingtombstone's remix.

Eh, might as well post that remix too while I'm at it:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So I saw the Mario Kart 8 roster leak and...

Holy ****. That is the worst roster I have ever seen. Just speechless at how bad it is. Are they even trying anymore? I guess since they know it's a console seller they don't even need to try by adding characters like
Baby Rosalina, Gold pink Peach
. I mean, honestly! You have countless , diverse Mario characters than fans have requested for years, and ones we've openly hated. Yet they still continue to taunt their fans by putting horribly unoriginal characters in. What's your problem Nintendo?!? *sigh* at least Sakurai listens to his fans when he makes inclusions in Smash Bros.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Holy ****. That is the worst roster I have ever seen. Just speechless at how bad it is. Are they even trying anymore? I guess since they know it's a console seller they don't even need to try by adding characters like
. I mean, honestly! You have countless , diverse Mario characters than fans have requested for years, and ones we've openly hated. Yet they still continue to taunt their fans by putting horribly unoriginal characters in. What's your problem Nintendo?!? *sigh* at least Sakurai listens to his fans when he makes inclusions in Smash Bros.
Those two character additions are completely pointless and completely stupid, no argument there. But character additions are WAY less important in Mario Kart than it is in say... Smash. Frankly, as long as I have a couple of characters that I like in the roster (which I do) it's fine.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
at least Sakurai listens to his fans when he makes inclusions in Smash Bros.
Heh... no offence but I'm kinda speechless.....

Uhm... anyway, I guess the guys behind Mario Kart don't really care as much about who they include compared to Sakurai and the Super Smash Bros series. Hence we usually get a few Baby, enemy grunts, dry and metal characters I guess....

Would have been neat to see a couple Mario RPG or other main characters though. Or maybe some Donkey Kong and Wario characters too.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I think because all it really is, is they all all the same. Well, in 3 classes. It doesn't care as much because they aren't unique in this game.
But Bowser JR and Diddly Kong cut over Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina is ridiculous.

DeanAdamFry

Smash Supporter
NNID
DeanAdamFry
3DS FC
2423-3337-0046
People behind Mario Kart aren't stupid, putting these characters in first is a good idea so that they can push out dlc content with characters that people do want.

Cheap tactic to be fair if it is true.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Heh... no offence but I'm kinda speechless..... .
Well, he does more. I'm going off of Smash Bros 4 mostly (no tripping, Mega Man/ Little Mac, multiple character improvements, attempt at competitive modes with For Glory, more unique movesets sides TL, etc) all of these things were fan requested. And he listened.

I mean Sakurai does make silly decisions here and there (Why is TL still a clone?) but you can tell he's actually trying, unlike MK8's roster it appears. They even ousted unique characters for more babies and metal...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Those two character additions are completely pointless and completely stupid, no argument there. But character additions are WAY less important in Mario Kart than it is in say... Smash. Frankly, as long as I have a couple of characters that I like in the roster (which I do) it's fine.
This. I'd argue that they covered most of the big Mario names as far back as Mario Kart Double Dash and what's mostly is left is eye rollingly stupid additions. I'd personally blame Miyamoto for the lack of characters from the Mario RPGs because he doesn't consider them canon so that cuts out a ton of interesting prospects right there. The only major absence I'd argue that's left for the series is Kamek which is ironic because he's actually playable in Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Party 9 despite originally being planned for Mario Kart 64 nearly 20 years ago.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
This. I'd argue that they covered most of the big Mario names as far back as Mario Kart Double Dash and what's mostly is left is eye rollingly stupid additions. I'd personally blame Miyamoto for the lack of characters from the Mario RPGs because he doesn't consider them canon so that cuts out a ton of interesting prospects right there. The only major absence I'd argue that's left for the series is Kamek which is ironic because he's actually playable in Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Party 9 despite originally being planned for Mario Kart 64 nearly 20 years ago.
No, the only major absence is goomba :awesome:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I was planning on buying both Kirby Triple Deluxe and Yoshi's New Island but the Playstation 4 is currently the priority for me.
Well, he does more. I'm going off of Smash Bros 4 mostly (no tripping, Mega Man/ Little Mac, multiple character improvements, attempt at competitive modes with For Glory, more unique movesets sides TL, etc) all of these things were fan requested. And he listened.

I mean Sakurai does make silly decisions here and there (Why is TL still a clone?) but you can tell he's actually trying, unlike MK8's roster it appears. They even ousted unique characters for more babies and metal...
Oh yeah then wheres tetra huh! huh! huh!?
jk but true he does look at what the fans would want in smash game some of the times atleast

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

I mean Sakurai does make silly decisions here and there (Why is TL still a clone?) but you can tell he's actually trying, unlike MK8's roster it appears.
Heh, it's mainly because despite him including a whole bunch of fan favourites such as Wario, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Diddy Kong, King Dedede etc and especially Sonic and Megaman over the years, people still tend to complain about Sakurai "not listening to the fans" especially whenever he decides to include one or two oddball characters among them here and there. But oh well... It's hard to please everyone with a series like Smash Bros so it's pretty understandable.

Toon Link's main shtick is him providing a different play style from Link, and to be honest, it's Link who really needs some more changes in his moveset anyway as it hasn't been working out for him since the beginning imo but I don't really feel like talking about it.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Heh, it's mainly because despite him including a whole bunch of fan favourites such as Wario, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Diddy Kong, King Dedede etc and especially Sonic and Megaman over the years, people still tend to complain about Sakurai "not listening to the fans" especially whenever he decides to include one or two oddball characters among them here and there. But oh well... It's hard to please everyone with a series like Smash Bros so it's pretty understandable.

Toon Link's main shtick is him providing a different play style from Link, and to be honest, it's Link who really needs some more changes in his moveset anyway as it hasn't been working out for him since the beginning imo but I don't really feel like talking about it.
I use to main toon link and he did show some change to Adult link in the direct i also think Wind waker link will have some modifications

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Toon did apparently get a new side aerial slash so I guess that's something.

I'm looking more forward to his costumizable moveset personally.
Same though in all i wish he hurry show rest of veteran cast already so we can just wait for the rest on the new comers

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait a sec, I may be still holding hope for characters like Diddy, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones and King Boo in MK8... You mean that roster with Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina is the final one?

And here I thought that adding the Koopalings would mean great things for the roster...

Really, if that is the final roster, it's a complete travesty compared to the Wii roster. Baby Daisy was still tolerable. Metal Mario too because he's got a significant amount of fans (me included), but Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach is just excessive and dull.

I was glad to see the Koopalings debuting in Mario Kart and Shy Guy, Lakitu and Metal Mario return, but if the final roster is that one, it's a complete disappointment.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I'm almost done with Triple Deluxe. Just got to beat

The True Arena. I got to the nightmare 4 and faced Shadow Dedede but then I got my *** kicked. Not like beating him would've matter because there were no healing items left at that point. Especially since there are two more bosses after him. Dark Meta knight, whom I already faced in Dedede tour would surely kill me at low health. I'm not entirely sure of the True True Final boss, but if it is anything like other kirby games. It's probably the soul version of the original final boss. Don't tell me though.

I also found that beetle is quite handy. It provide a nice all around moveset. A dash attack for chip damage and escaping, a nice melee attack, and it can use stars it picks up as projectiles.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Wait a sec, I may be still holding hope for characters like Diddy, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones and King Boo in MK8... You mean that roster with Pink Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina is the final one?

And here I thought that adding the Koopalings would mean great things for the roster...

Really, if that is the final roster, it's a complete travesty compared to the Wii roster. Baby Daisy was still tolerable. Metal Mario too because he's got a significant amount of fans (me included), but Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach is just excessive and dull.

I was glad to see the Koopalings debuting in Mario Kart and Shy Guy, Lakitu and Metal Mario return, but if the final roster is that one, it's a complete disappointment.
Alot of fans of the series were saying the same thing about it i'm hoping the other racers like birdo , bowser jr and so forth come back as dlc or maybe as more hidden characters but we won't really know until more info from them o r May 30th

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I'm almost done with Triple Deluxe. Just got to beat

The True Arena. I got to the nightmare 4 and faced Shadow Dedede but then I got my *** kicked. Not like beating him would've matter because there were no healing items left at that point. Especially since there are two more bosses after him. Dark Meta knight, whom I already faced in Dedede tour would surely kill me at low health. I'm not entirely sure of the True True Final boss, but if it is anything like other kirby games. It's probably the soul version of the original final boss. Don't tell me though.

I also found that beetle is quite handy. It provide a nice all around moveset. A dash attack for chip damage and escaping, a nice melee attack, and it can use stars it picks up as projectiles.
I haven't really been playing the more modern Kirby games, did you enjoy Triple Deluxe?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I haven't really been playing the more modern Kirby games, did you enjoy Triple Deluxe?
Yep! Has wonderful music, awesome gameplay, the abilities are fun, the puzzles are nice, the 3d is put to great use, and worlds are all so nice looking.

Of course, I can't recommend it to everybody.

Say it with me class.

"It is easy and short." I personally am not negative about this, but I could see why this would be a dealbreaker.

Overall, it is an amazing kirby game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yep! Has wonderful music, awesome gameplay, the abilities are fun, the puzzles are nice, the 3d is put to great use, and worlds are all so nice looking.

Of course, I can't recommend it to everybody.

Say it with me class.

"It is easy and short." I personally am not negative about this, but I could see why this would be a dealbreaker.

Overall, it is an amazing kirby game.
Sounds good, I've been hoping to have another game to pass the time with ever since I've completed Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright and I haven't really tried Yoshi's New Island as I've heard some negative talk about it. Guess I'll give Kirby's Triple Deluxe a go once it comes out in Europe. From what I've seen, it looks pretty neat. :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of which.
When on Earth are they gonna give NA the release date for PLvsPH?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

There was a roster revealed beyond what was shown in the direct?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Reading through the Leaks Thread, there were a lot of great moments to be had when Palutena was leaked. :D
Which one?
The one where we had to remind ourselves for the fifth time that it's legit?
Or that other time where we had to make sure for the tenth time she wasn't an Assist?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I thought otherwise.
It could just be because I have a neutral stance on Paletuna. But it got grating seeing it every fifth page.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Not to change the subject, but I'm actually watching the first live action Transformers movie right now, and I'm typing this during commercial break. No spoilers please, this is my first time

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So you kids play them video games, I was wondering if any of you can think of any games that take place in a groundhogsday-esque time loop where you play the same day/days over and over and do different things? The obvious example is Majora's Mask and there's another one I really like called Ephemeral Phantasia. I really love those games so I've been looking for more like them for ages but it's hard to search for games by a mechanic like that. I'm assuming with all the games out there there must be more than 2.

In terms of the Mario Kart discussion I'm a few games behind, did Koopa Troopa ever show back up? I remember being disappointed when he didn't show up in 64 and then he just never came back as far as I could remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom