• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
So you kids play them video games, I was wondering if any of you can think of any games that take place in a groundhogsday-esque time loop where you play the same day/days over and over and do different things? The obvious example is Majora's Mask and there's another one I really like called Ephemeral Phantasia. I really love those games so I've been looking for more like them for ages but it's hard to search for games by a mechanic like that. I'm assuming with all the games out there there must be more than 2.
The closest thing I can think of is Chrono Cross, where in the New Game+ you can opt to make different choices than you did before, gathering alternate characters and completing sub-plots before the timelines are rejoined at the end of the game.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Anyone been paying attention to this game. I'm really impressed with what they've been able to do with this game. Plus, it reminds me of WindWaker.

T

Trick or Treat

The main issue is who in their right mind would think it's a good idea to cut characters like Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Birdo, Dry Bones, etc in favor of Baby Rosalina, Goldy Peach, and Metal Mario.

Unless of course they're planning on DLC. At the same time, that's kind of a **** move. Making the DLC be characters we've already had more than once before...

Dry Bones... ;_;

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I actually think Metal Mario isn't so bad because he's been a character for a long time.
IIRC he was in Dr.Mario, Mario Golf and, who here doesn't know it, a boss in Smash wich made him even more of his own character. But adding even more metal characters, that don't exist, is awful.

T

Trick or Treat

I guess you can make a case for Metal Mario, but I still don't necessarily agree with it. Not when there are much better options, by far. LIKE PETEY!

Hell, the only baby I'm okay with is Baby Mario. I guess Baby Luigi too since they're both kind of important. But Baby Peach/Daisy/Rosalina, Metal Mario, and Pink Gold Peach need to go. I'm not too fond of the Koopalings either, mostly because they take up so many slots, but still, at least they're unique and relevant.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually think Metal Mario isn't so bad because he's been a character for a long time.
IIRC he was in Dr.Mario, Mario Golf and, who here doesn't know it, a boss in Smash wich made him even more of his own character. But adding even more metal characters, that don't exist, is awful.
For the record, that was Metal Dr. Mario(named Metal Mario, though), like the one in Melee, that was in Dr. Mario 64. He also became that way through a different method, so he's not exactly the same as the regular Metal Mario. Every other one is through the Metal Box in each game where it explains it. In this case, Dr. Mario accidentally took some Megavitamins, turning him Metal.

All the others are regular Metal Mario as is, especially in the spin-offs. Dr. Mario doesn't appear outside of Melee and his own series, despite being more notable than Metal Mario as a main character.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Just came back from a mall with friends. Man, my day was PACKED... Baseball Little League (Helper), Graduations.... Oh, and Psychoanalysis.

People behind Mario Kart aren't stupid, putting these characters in first is a good idea so that they can push out dlc content with characters that people do want.

Cheap tactic to be fair if it is true.
Oh hey, that make since...

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So you kids play them video games, I was wondering if any of you can think of any games that take place in a groundhogsday-esque time loop where you play the same day/days over and over and do different things? The obvious example is Majora's Mask and there's another one I really like called Ephemeral Phantasia. I really love those games so I've been looking for more like them for ages but it's hard to search for games by a mechanic like that. I'm assuming with all the games out there there must be more than 2.
Weeeell. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine doors and it's sequel Virtue's Last Reward are kinda like that, to an extent.

I mean. You pretty much go back and forth between different time periods of a single day, well VLR could technically cover multiple days but I kinda doubt that. However they are basically virtual novels and are totally centered around story with the game play basically being "escape the room" type of thing. But they are extremely good games. And you do get to make different choices every time you jump through time.

That sig. x_x

Is very distracting. x_x

T

Trick or Treat

I had planned to use another one but didn't think I'd be able to get away with it.

T

Trick or Treat

I know man, that guitar is quite racy...

Honestly, this might be pushing it as well.
That's no fun. It doesn't even show anything. What you see is pretty much the same amount you'd see with a bikini. And there are plenty of bikini pics around here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's no fun. It doesn't even show anything. What you see is pretty much the same amount you'd see with a bikini. And there are plenty of bikini pics around here.
So then it's justifiable then? It's completely all right then? No, it isn't.
Sure, you can call me a prude, but just as one wouldn't want to see half-naked men on Smashboards of all places. I really doubt that half-naked women get a free pass.

It's not "funny", nor is it "hot". It's unsettling.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
My one problem with EDM promoter channels, right here. And mainly many music promotion channels in general.
Can't I just enjoy some music WITHOUT having a thumbnail/entire video look so NSFW?!

T

Trick or Treat

So then it's justifiable then? It's completely all right then? No, it isn't.
Sure, you can call me a prude, but just as one wouldn't want to see half-naked men on Smashboards of all places. I really doubt that half-naked women get a free pass.

What's wrong with half-naked men, first off?

Secondly, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Seeing a half-naked anything shouldn't even be a big deal. I'm not a nudist or anything like that, but people make naked bodies out to be so much bigger of a deal than they actually are. That's the unsettling part. It shouldn't make any difference for me to have a nude model in my signature, or a nun, or an anime character, or a ****ing Yoshi. It's something that I like, just as Yoshi is something that 'x' person likes.

Yoshi's naked, too.

I'm sorry that it bothers you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What's wrong with half-naked men, first off?
Because I don't know about you, but I don't come to Smashboards to see half-naked men.

Secondly, it really shouldn't be a big deal. Seeing a half-naked anything shouldn't even be a big deal. I'm not a nudist or anything like that, but people make naked bodies out to be so much bigger of a deal than they actually are. That's the unsettling part.
Now this is ignorance. This is implying that's it fine. And we shouldn't complain. Why? Because it's "okay". Because God forbid some of us don't like seeing nudity on a forum about a Nintendo game.
There is no "unsettling" about not wanting to see nudity. It's called "modesty", it exists.

It shouldn't make any difference for me to have a nude model in my signature, or a nun, or an anime character, or a ****ing Yoshi. It's something that I like, just as Yoshi is something that 'x' person likes.
I like hot girls too. Doesn't mean I like seeing it everywhere I go.
And to be fair, nuns and Yoshi are on a completely different ballpark then what this is.

Yoshi's naked, too.
And Sonic, Kirby, and other assorted characters.
The difference here though (and why this falls flat) is that Yoshi is a cartoon character.
He doesn't have the same anatomy as a dinosaur. He's not supposed too.

I'm sorry that it bothers you, but for right now I'm keeping it.
Sure, I can't force anyone to do anything.
Doesn't mean I will like it, or I can't complain.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Just got back from seeing the newest Spider Man movie with my parents and...wow. It was different, or as my old fashioned Dad said, "It was far out". Although I know the basic plot of Spider Man, it took me awhile to figure out what was going on and get used to the characters. Peter, as always it seems like, a smart ***. As for the others...

For one, Mary Jane had been replaced by a science wiz named Gwen Stacy. There was also an eccentric electrical engineer/ Spider Man fanatic named Max who became a villain by chance. And the Osborn's? My jaw dropped when it turned out Harry became the Green Goblin instead of his father. WTF. So much happened in that movie. I can't decide how I feel about it. The new twists were interesting, but the plot was still somewhat all over the place. The scenes changed constantly, a majority of them surrounding just Gwen and Peter, who just couldn't decide if they wanted to stay in a relationship or as friends. Then out of nowhere...BAM! Massive action battle scenes. Little consistency it seemed like.

With that being said, I feel so bad for Max. The poor guy just wanted to be noticed. :(

And I did NOT expect Gwen to die at the end. Guess that shows that happy endings dont always happen like you want them.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Just got back from seeing the newest Spider Man movie with my parents and...wow. It was different, or as my old fashioned Dad said, "It was far out". Although I know the basic plot of Spider Man, it took me awhile to figure out what was going on and get used to the characters. Peter, as always it seems like, a smart ***. As for the others...
I saw the first Amazing Spider Man. I wasn't impressed. I have no deisre to see the second one. I preferred Spider Man much more to the new movie. Amazing Spider Man just tried way too hard in my opinion.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The main issue is who in their right mind would think it's a good idea to cut characters like Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Birdo, Dry Bones, etc in favor of Baby Rosalina, Goldy Peach, and Metal Mario.

Unless of course they're planning on DLC. At the same time, that's kind of a **** move. Making the DLC be characters we've already had more than once before...

Dry Bones... ;_;
It's always a good idea to cut Birdo.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579

I saw the first Amazing Spider Man. I wasn't impressed. I have no deisre to see the second one. I preferred Spider Man much more to the new movie. Amazing Spider Man just tried way too hard in my opinion.
Ah. I agree with you for the most part, although I'm not against new stuff as long as it makes sense. It seems like a lot of movies these days either try to hard, have a crappy plot (*COUGH* Walking with Dinosaurs), or have just too much action/drama. There's nothing like the Classics.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
For one, Mary Jane had been replaced by a science wiz named Gwen Stacy
She wasn't replaced, they're different characters, and Gwen's actually been around longer. In the comics she was Peter's girlfriend before Mary Jane. Also that spoilery thing you mentioned about her at the end happened in the comics as well, it's one of the most famous moments in Spiderman.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Ah. I agree with you for the most part, although I'm not against new stuff as long as it makes sense. It seems like a lot of movies these days either try to hard, have a crappy plot (*COUGH* Walking with Dinosaurs), or have just too much action/drama. There's nothing like the Classics.
Personally. I think Amazing Spider Man just tried way too much to be funny. It just didn't flow right.

And there are still new movies that are fantastic but they are generally only in mostly original movies, for the most part. Like Now You See Me. That was a great movie. It is definitely one of my all time faves, and was only released last year no less. Can't wait for the sequel.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
She wasn't replaced, they're different characters, and Gwen's actually been around longer. In the comics she was Peter's girlfriend before Mary Jane. Also that spoilery thing you mentioned about her at the end happened in the comics as well, it's one of the most famous moments in Spiderman.
Is that so? Well don't I feel silly. :laugh:

T

Trick or Treat

Because I don't know about you, but I don't come to Smashboards to see half-naked men.
Exactly. You come here to talk about video games. So shouldn't anything non-video game related be removed?

Now this is ignorance. This is implying that's it fine. And we shouldn't complain. Why? Because it's "okay". Because God forbid some of us don't like seeing nudity on a forum about a Nintendo game.
There is no "unsettling" about not wanting to see nudity. It's called "modesty", it exists.
Okay, to clarify, I don't ACTUALLY care about the signature that much. What bothers me about this is as I said, making it bigger than it needs to be. But that's just my qualms with society as a whole. It's unsettling to me that society has made nudity to be this big deal, when it's not.

I'm not so much arguing with you about my sig, as I am arguing with society and the majority of people's views on nudity. In an ideal society, there should be no difference whether the woman I had in my signature was naked or fully clothed. In an ideal society, it would be something that you see and you're like "Huh, cool. So how about that Ridley?"

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I remember now... wasn't it because Peter didn't comprehend the laws of physics? They actually bring it up as Peter taking lessons from that moment in comics in later series starring the web-crawler.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Omg. This is pure gold. I make a single silly comment that wasn't being serious. But it started a serious discussion.

I'm easy to get going like this. It's pretty much a given.

But see? I'm a good girl, I got rid of the sexy lady. Now I need to find a good One Week Friends signature.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You guys will fight about absolutely anything. Seriously. -.o

Anyway,

5:10 to 5:40

This is the real reason Charizard is going solo in Smash 4. It's a nerf. In secret, the Triple Finish Final Smash was the best move in the game. It can completely miss the opponent and still instant kill. D:

Or it could just be Hanenbow BS, but I like my explanation better. ¦D

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm easy to get going like this. It's pretty much a given.
It's still funny how a silly comment from me got an argument started.

But see? I'm a good girl, I got rid of the sexy lady. Now I need to find a good One Week Friends signature.
I honestly didn't care about the sig. It didn't bother me one way or another. It just gave me an excuse to make a silly comment. xD

You guys will fight about absolutely anything. Seriously. -.o
That would be my fault this time. :happysheep:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Wow! The first live action Transformers movie was a big hit! It make me ashamed to just now have gotten into the live action stuff. Now I just need to see Revenge of the Fallen.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Adding characters that don't exist before into spin-offs as playable characters is awful. I'll give Waluigi an exception/pass, but seriously? Baby Daisy? Pink Gold Peach? Why?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It's disappointing the 4th Transformer movie will be having a new cast for the human characters.

But for the love of god. Hot Rod had better be in the 4th. He use to be an important characters for Transformers. Now though? Nope nope nope. He doesn't even have a cameo.

#FreeHotRod

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

It's still funny how a silly comment from me got an argument started.

I honestly didn't care about the sig. It didn't bother me one way or another. It just gave me an excuse to make a silly comment. xD

That would be my fault this time. :happysheep:
Yeah, I didn't really see that coming. But now the fun's over.

Wow! The first live action Transformers movie was a big hit! It make me ashamed to just now have gotten into the live action stuff. Now I just need to see Revenge of the Fallen.
Revenge if the Fallen is by far my favorite one. It's pretty awesome.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It's disappointing the 4th Transformer movie will be having a new cast for the human characters.

But for the love of god. Hot Rod had better be in the 4th. He use to be an important characters for Transformers. Now though? Nope nope nope. He doesn't even have a cameo.

#FreeHotRod
I loved Hot Rod in 1986, Judd Nelson did such a good job with his voice. I know that they're bringing back the Dinobots, which I am excited about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom