• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I ordered a package on March 25th, it's estimated delivery date was April 21st - May 2nd

and it's not here

My orders from Japan always arrive early

You'd think the UK would be able to send a package and have it arrive within more than a months time

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I liked Dark of the Moon the best tbh.

Shock Wave too cool.

Also Leonard Nimoy as a transformer saying the exact same thing he said in Star Trek was awesome.

It would also be cool if Unicron ends up being a bad guy in one of the Transformer movies. In fact he would be the perfect bad guy for the final movie.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
holy cow they went all out with that intro also i think this is the starting roster

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My two favorite transformers are shockwave and Starscream, and Dark of the Moon DID have both of them

The whole adding a new girl instead of Megan Fox thing threw me off though

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Hmm on the topic of favorite transformers.

.... You know I was starting to list them but it suddenly was growing out of proportion based on all my favorites from each series and my favorite toys.

I am such a dorkitron. :p

Edit:
On the topic of mario kart 8 roster. I think it's pretty good. I will miss dry bowser. He was really cool. However pink gold peach looks cool.... When I read the matiokartwii forums I feel like the only person who thinks she is cool.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This took me back a bit. Tekken 3 was the first game I ever remember playing as a kid. Though I learned a few things about the game now. I knew it sold over 8 million copies, but I didn't think it was the 2nd most successful fighting game so far.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I just noticed this didn't post because of the maintenance.

"I know it's incredibly late/lame at this point

But I'd choose New Super Mario Bros. U out of those games in the MK8 deal."

Ok Gears of War 3. I'm at a loss again.

I download the map pack @ IsmaR IsmaR said was required for online play. I still can't switch to the other join types besides public and link. I still get the same message of how my gamer profile isn;t configured right. But they won;t tell me what is wrong with it in the first place. And I couldn't have been banned as I have never played the game online before. This is starting to be more trouble then I expected.
That's really weird. I do remember the "Forces of Nature" playlist requires you to have both of the multiplayer-DLCs (Fenix Rising and Forces of Nature), while the "Standard" playlist allowed you to play despite not having them, but just not on servers (this could be remedied by playing in the "TDM-no-DLC" playlist.

Can you play any other modes besides Versus? If you can't even play Campaign, then it sounds like its an Xbox Live problem, not a Gears specific one. Maybe clearing your queue/cache then redownloading all the necessary Title Updates will fix it.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
On the previous subject of Transformers movies:

Take the new Dinobots

Dinobots.jpg

Grimlock the T-Rex

Scorn the Spinosaurus

Slug the Triceratops

Slash the Velociraptor (aka basically Beast Wars Dinobot)

Strafe the two headed stand-in for Swoop.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Take the new Dinobots

View attachment 13482

Grimlock the T-Rex

Scorn the Spinosaurus

Slag the Triceratops

Kinda had to fix that for ya.

As far as Transformers go, I only have expertise in the G1 stuff from the 1980's. My favorites being CliffJumper (Who I named myself after), Prowl, StarScream, ThunderCracker, and Sideswipe

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Take the new Dinobots

View attachment 13482

Grimlock the T-Rex

Scorn the Spinosaurus

Slug the Triceratops

DANG. They finally add the Dinobots.... but I've lost interest in anything Mr. Bay makes.

Also, MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU ALWAYS!

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
May stop by GameStop to buy KI:U tomorrow, if not then, whenever I get the chance. The game looks great.

Also, Mariokart. I like Metal Mario. He's an established character by this point. (See Dr. Mario, Smash Bros, Previous spin offs). Pink Gold Peach is not something I was okay with. Can't say that I enjoy her inclusion. As for the babies and Koopalings, Koops are fine but all we really needed for the Baby characters was the Baby Mario Bros riding together Ice Climber style. Taking up ONE SLOT.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I guess I'm biased because of G1.
I'm a bit interesting. Being a 90s kid, I caught a couple Beast Wars episodes now and then but never actually watched it religiously. Then the first Bay film came out on video so I watched it and I LOVED IT, and actually loved it enough to want to know the franchise on a greater level. At the time Transformers Animated was on Cartoon Network so I watched that and ended up loving it too. Then of course I went back and watched the 80s show and movie, loved it, especially the movie. Then actually went on to Netflix and watched all of Beast Wars. During all of this catching all the Bay movies as they came out and loving them. Just recently finished Transformers Prime/Beast Hunters/Predacons Rising, REALLY loved that, THAT was great! So... I guess I'm not "for" any one continuity due to the way I was introduced to the series if that makes sense.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

LOL WTF?

One - Grimlock is HUGE

Two - Optimus Riding Grimlock!?!

T

Trick or Treat

See, nothing sexy at all about my new signature....

But it's actually okay since Isshuukan Friends is probably the most adorably endearing thing I've ever seen~ <333

May stop by GameStop to buy KI:U tomorrow, if not then, whenever I get the chance. The game looks great.

Also, Mariokart. I like Metal Mario. He's an established character by this point. (See Dr. Mario, Smash Bros, Previous spin offs). Pink Gold Peach is not something I was okay with. Can't say that I enjoy her inclusion. As for the babies and Koopalings, Koops are fine but all we really needed for the Baby characters was the Baby Mario Bros riding together Ice Climber style. Taking up ONE SLOT.
I've always wondering, what exactly is Metal Mario? Like, is he just some random being that roams around and exists? Or did Bowser create him or what? Where'd he actually come from?

I agree about the babies. I'd even go so far as to say that Baby Peach and Daisy should be the same way, though I'd still rather they weren't in the game at all. Keep Baby Mario and Luigi together as one slot, and that's it.

As for the Koopalings, I just hope they're a one-shot. I wouldn't want to see seven spots be taken up in every Mario Kart game by them. Unless, like, the next console Kart has like 40+ characters.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
When Midna, Dark Samus and Skull Kid were confirmed as Assist Trophies, I laughed.

But then when Waluigi and Dillon were deconfirmed and I felt the pain.

To quote a comment on one of GameXplain's discussions:

Nintendo what about those letters I sent you for dillon to be playble character, those miiverse drawings I spamed, the nights I dreamt about what kirby would look like if h sucked dillon in, the awesome move pull of dilloin. He is a cowboy armadildo what more could you ask for!!!! Wait there is still a chance DLC (Dillonloadable content) please nintendo you have the power the nintendo power!!!

dillon is love dillon is life!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've always wondering, what exactly is Metal Mario? Like, is he just some random being that roams around and exists? Or did Bowser create him or what? Where'd he actually come from?
Metal Mario was originally in Super Mario 64 as a power up in the form of the metal cap. Metal Mario then appeared as a boss in the original Super Smash Bros. I kind of have a theory about why they chose Metal Mario as a boss. Supposedly, Mewtwo, Bowser, and King Dedede were all planned for the original but were ultimately cut due to time constraints but I think they may have originally been planned as bosses and were swapped out with Metal Mario when they realized that having them there but not as playable characters would have upset a lot of fans.

T

Trick or Treat

First, I wanna say...

they may have originally been planned as bosses and were swapped out with Metal Mario when they realized that having them there but not as playable characters would have upset a lot of fans
Heh...

Metal Mario was originally in Super Mario 64 as a power up in the form of the metal cap. Metal Mario then appeared as a boss in the original Super Smash Bros. I kind of have a theory about why they chose Metal Mario as a boss. Supposedly, Mewtwo, Bowser, and King Dedede were all planned for the original but were ultimately cut due to time constraints but I think .
I remember the metal cap. But doesn't that mean that Metal Mario is literally just Mario using a power up? As in, not even a separate being?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First, I wanna say...

Heh...

I remember the metal cap. But doesn't that mean that Metal Mario is literally just Mario using a power up? As in, not even a separate being?
There is gold mario in Mario Golf

Gold Mario is from New Super Mario Bros 2, and is just Mario using a power up

T

Trick or Treat

There is gold mario in Mario Golf

Gold Mario is from New Super Mario Bros 2, and is just Mario using a power up
I'm aware. I also don't like his inclusion as a separate character. Might as well just add Fire Mario as well.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
Is any one else sad we only have 16 days left of online Brawl? I still play like 2-3 times a week. And I pretty much have no friends I can play with still living in the same state.

I mean if they gotta end it early so we can have a better experience with smash 4 I guess it is okay, but I'm not sure that will be the case, with sakurai dropping hints about it being better to use a wired connection.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, I had enough fun with offline battles that I never felt the need to play online.

I never played online much.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Dude, that's an amazing idea. Just go back to DD style for one character, and get rid of all the other babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom