• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's all a matter of personal taste. Though it seems that the games that get millions or even billions of sales tend to also get the most flack from people. Seems fitting nonetheless, right? Personally, I don't see anything particularly wrong with either series.
See, neither do I. People just gotta' complain I guess... I think it's the whole Holier-than-thou effect in Video Games. O.o

BTW, do you play MH on the Wii U?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
See, neither do I. People just gotta' complain I guess... I think it's the whole Holier-than-thou effect in Video Games. O.o

BTW, do you play MH on the Wii U?
I don't have a Wii-U yet. Actually, I don't have any of the new consoles right now. But some of the Wii-U games do look promising. Maybe one day I will, if I can get some extra cash. But it's no big deal.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't have a Wii-U yet. Actually, I don't have any of the new consoles right now. But some of the Wii-U games do look promising. Maybe one day I will, if I can get some extra cash. But it's no big deal.
Well then, you must be glad the 3DS version is coming out first! :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So summer is between June 21 through September 22, right? Not too far (But Smash 3DS will definitely be after E3 if you ask me).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
They're probably gonna have some big thing that the Wii U will have but not the 3DS.
I'll guarantee you.
I'm just wondering what it could be...

I'm still buying both (I've made my decision on that the moment both games were announced back at 2011 E3).
I'm planning on getting both as well. I almost wanted to skip the 3DS version, but the whole Summer-Winter Release was a smart move, and I'm getting both.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So summer is between June 21 through September 22, right? Not too far (But Smash 3DS will definitely be after E3 if you ask me).
When Nintendo says "summer" they almost always mean August. It's definitely not June because that would mean that the 3DS version had already gone gold and was well on its way to going platinum. If this were the case, we would have gotten an exact release date, just like we did for Mario Kart 8 about two months ago. I'd argue that this rules out July too unless it's later in the month. Sales wise, it's a month that almost never sees major game releases and I'd argue that we would have gotten an actual release month if this were the case. This all being said, August is the safest bet. Nintendo has a long history of releasing major games at the tail end of the summer and gives the game another 4 months to go gold (which it probably already has), go platinum (usually a one-two month process for most games) and then at least another month to get all the worldwide distribution set up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I knew I would be getting the 3DS version for sure. I wanted to get the Wii-U one as well. But it depended on various factors, if I would have a Wii-U by then and if I could afford to get both and ****. I still don’t have my own Wii-U but my dad does. So I can play Smash4U if I get it. And since they have separate release dates, I could probably afford both. However if Smash4U gets releases before Christmas I’ll probably just ask for that and just that, since it will probably be like 60 bucks. So yea I have plans to get both. But I will most definitely be getting the 3DS version for sure as it is the most convenient one for me (the 3DS is mine so I could play it whenever, portability, and cheaper).

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I did. But first time I only bought Purple Moss which doesn't heal ****ing toxic status. I then had to grind souls to buy lots of Purple Blooming Moss.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Also, there are two entrances into Blighttown, which one did you enter through? It doesn't matter in the longrun except one way is a serious shortcut, literally straight to the boss, if that's what you want. I personally explored a little (and activated the bonfire, obviously). There's also a Fire Keeper Soul somewhere in Blighttown IIRC, which you're going to want to pick up.

The only problem I had with Blighttown personally was the low framerate and the poison/toxicity. The boss battle is a lot of fun though.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Yeah, I forgot to mention that. Also, there are two entrances into Blighttown, which one did you enter through? It doesn't matter in the longrun except one way is a serious shortcut, literally straight to the boss, if that's what you want. I personally explored a little (and activated the bonfire, obviously). There's also a Fire Keeper Soul somewhere in Blighttown IIRC, which you're going to want to pick up.

The only problem I had with Blighttown personally was the low framerate and the poison/toxicity. The boss battle is a lot of fun though.
I went into Blighttown from the Depths. And yea I want to explore it. But the Snipers are a pain.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Some gamers I see on the internet don't know how much work is put into a videogame. They just think the games poofed in the stores out of nowhere. [Insert religious joke]

KillJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
K0maeda
3DS FC
0361-6214-0350
I knew I would be getting the 3DS version for sure. I wanted to get the Wii-U one as well. But it depended on various factors, if I would have a Wii-U by then and if I could afford to get both and ****. I still don’t have my own Wii-U but my dad does. So I can play Smash4U if I get it. And since they have separate release dates, I could probably afford both. However if Smash4U gets releases before Christmas I’ll probably just ask for that and just that, since it will probably be like 60 bucks. So yea I have plans to get both. But I will most definitely be getting the 3DS version for sure as it is the most convenient one for me (the 3DS is mine so I could play it whenever, portability, and cheaper).
Nintendo's whole plan is to release around Christmastime to capitialize on the Holiday Market (or as I like to call it, Holiday Hype.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't Smash just a copy of Playstation all stars battle royale?

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I went into Blighttown from the Depths. And yea I want to explore it. But the Snipers are a pain.
Through the depths...yeah, my memory is a little fuzzy. The way I went in was...I know there's about 3-4 big ass guys at the beginning that are a little tough to take down, then once I actually entered the town I had to climb down about 7 ladders to get to the bottom. There's a lot of weird flies around too. I dunno how similar the two entrances are, though.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Through the depths...yeah, my memory is a little fuzzy. The way I went in was...I know there's about 3-4 big *** guys at the beginning that are a little tough to take down, then once I actually entered the town I had to climb down about 7 ladders to get to the bottom. There's a lot of weird flies around too. I dunno how similar the two entrances are, though.
I've had to fight like 4 guys with big ass clubs at the beginning of Blighttown, from my entrance anyway. Along with many giant Zombies that like to suck me, which is kinda ironic considering I went with a female avatar in this game because I disliked all the male designs xD, but the biggest problem is the Sniper.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I've had to fight like 4 guys with big *** clubs at the beginning of Blighttown, from my entrance anyway. Along with many giant Zombies that like to suck me, which is kinda ironic considering I went with a female avatar in this game because I disliked all the male designs xD, but the biggest problem is the Sniper.
The blowdart guys are super annoying. IIRC they don't respawn though so that's good. Just hold your shield up when going towards them and if you get poisoned/toxic'd then unless your health is draining fast, don't heal until you've killed them. Saves items.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone ever seen Kamen Rider Ryuki?

I'm curious because the figures for it are awesome looking

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New Topic: Zor is the bets member of the Deadly Six period. Half of the **** that comes out his mouth replicates the Sonic fanbase very well.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Even martians have seen Frozen.
And yeah..the trollface is because ALOT of people have seen Frozen....
And it has the best Disney expressions i've seen so far..
Elsa 1.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided to look up
Kamen Rider Ryuki

Because no one seems to have seen it

It seems pretty interesting I guess. Only watched the first episode.

It's kind of like Power Rangers. But it's strange because everyone is the same race, unlike Power Rangers which goes out of it's way to make everyone on the team different races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom