• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Yeah, I agree. That's a pretty good estimation.
he isn't gonna make it like ultimate ninja storm
and as much as i want everyone including me to get what they want i want him to focus on Online multiplayer and other game features in the end if do not get tetra as a playable character still atleast i got megaman i'll be sad about it but still happy about the game in all

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I believe this game's roster will be bigger than Brawl's. Somewhere in the 40-50 range. I believe that more than 50 characters is a stretch, but I don't believe Sakurai would have the put the same amount of characters as Brawl.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
The worst thing is that Sakurai said that there were currently no plans for DLC.

I'm so satisfied with the new online mode. As both a casual and a competitve player is this the best thing that could've been happend to me. And here it is. Sakurai is life, Sakurai is love.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
The worst thing is that Sakurai said that there were currently no plans for DLC.

I'm so satisfied with the new online mode. As both a casual and a competitve player is this the best thing that could've been happend to me. And here it is. Sakurai is life, Sakurai is love.
"currently" dosen't mean plans for it can't change later for near or initial release we might just get costume dlc or stage dlc but it would be dlc none the less most thing im hoping for is tetra but also really constant updates for it's game servers for its bug fixes and glitches or unfair exploits

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
"currently" dosen't mean plans for it can't change later for near or initial release we might just get costume dlc or stage dlc but it would be dlc none the less most thing im hoping for is tetra but also really constant updates for it's game servers for its bug fixes and glitches or unfair exploits
True.

I kinda want DLC of the Melee clones. No...i'm serious..I want them.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
True.

I kinda want DLC of the Melee clones. No...i'm serious..I want them.
"Roys are boy"

Roy:.....

but just put tetra or kumatora in there and id be satisfied but if there not in it then oh well because i highly doubt this would be the final installment in the smash series also after the rumors of a new nintendo console on the way in 3 years

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Some other DLC characters I would like to see are well...if they aren't in the game...Ivysaur and Squirtle.

I seriously should stop putting periods in my sentences.......

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
brawl had 39 characters, there's already been revealed 6 newcomers. for it to be less than 45 characters there would need to be very few newcomers or a huge amount of cuts.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Pokemon Trainer himself is not a playable character. Only Squirtle and Ivysaur are.

I wouldn't count on the other two coming back, though. Greninja fills the Squirtle spot just fine.
brawl says other wise but it dosen't matter techinicallity he is veteran he feels the spot of three trio the trainer uses as for greninja i guess your right about the squirtle thing i still think it's odd though

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
brawl says other wise but it dosen't matter techinicallity he is veteran he feels the spot of three trio the trainer uses as for greninja i guess your right about the squirtle thing i still think it's odd though
No it doesn't. Brawl doesn't count him as a real character. He's just a placeholder icon. Even Sakurai says you don't really play as the Trainer, but his Pokemon. The data itself says PT is not a playable character. Giga Bowser is literally the only one to have character data among the regular playables(and that's leftover Melee data, so maybe he might've been a boss or something) and the rest are just NPC's.

Brawl does not support PT as a real playable character either. He's only a background guy and "technically" there just to give an excuse to the switch. But he was never possibly playable in any possible way. Maybe at one time, if his jumping animation says anything, but that was it.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
No it doesn't. Brawl doesn't count him as a real character. He's just a placeholder icon. Even Sakurai says you don't really play as the Trainer, but his Pokemon. The data itself says PT is not a playable character. Giga Bowser is literally the only one to have character data among the regular playables(and that's leftover Melee data, so maybe he might've been a boss or something) and the rest are just NPC's.

Brawl does not support PT as a real playable character either. He's only a background guy and "technically" there just to give an excuse to the switch. But he was never possibly playable in any possible way. Maybe at one time, if his jumping animation says anything, but that was it.
true about giga to this day but only way permanently play as giga is through hacks or debug so hes half and half as pokemon trainer yes he is a place holder for the 1st gen trio but they weren't exactly each a single character in a way the are but at the same time aren't

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
true about giga to this day but only way permanently play as giga is through hacks or debug so hes half and half as pokemon trainer yes he is a place holder for the 1st gen trio but they weren't exactly each a single character in a way the are but at the same time aren't
Nope. PT is still not really playable. They were always 3 characters at all times. They were just mapped to the same slot no different from Zelda/Sheik. They just had a programming that allowed them to be switched out outside of a special move.

Sakurai separated them further, not that they were "together" in any sense. Only Ice Climbers are really two characters in one, but you can't play as Nana anyway. She's a pure NPC. And the fact you can play as Giga(an actual character) compared to PT himself means he's the only "real" 40th character if any. In reality, there's 39 playable characters entirely. No exceptions.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Nope. PT is still not really playable. They were always 3 characters at all times. They were just mapped to the same slot no different from Zelda/Sheik. They just had a programming that allowed them to be switched out outside of a special move.

Sakurai separated them further, not that they were "together" in any sense. Only Ice Climbers are really two characters in one, but you can't play as Nana anyway. She's a pure NPC. And the fact you can play as Giga(an actual character) compared to PT himself means he's the only "real" 40th character if any. In reality, there's 39 playable characters entirely. No exceptions.
the pokemon trio was basically sheik and samus to me it still is a single character and make sense with character layout especially samus and zelda as both there final smash have to do with same meaning i see what your meaning though aswell

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

You can play as Nana if you change the palatte.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I didn't initially care for the Greninja reveal, but then I realized it was the closest I would get to being able to play as Strider in Smash Bros

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer is not literally a playable character(although that is semantically arguable. The down B is straight up his move, not any of his pokemons', he's the one who preforms the move, and when you use it you're directly controlling him and not any of the pokemon. The final smash is also arguably his move. Sakurai even calls those two moves the pokemon trainer's moves on the dojo, whereas the other moves are *insert pokemon's moves*. He also moves with his pokemon and does poses when you attack, meaning you have limited control over him which gets to the matter of what degree of control is your thereshold for "playable". Same deal with Luma or the back Iceclimber. There is no right answer to whether they're playable or not, though I don't think Sakurai considers the to be.)

He is, however, a fighter. A member of the roster list, a face/name on the select screen, a character with a trophy you get from beating classic mode, a primary character in Subspace emissary, a character who is listed in several lists throughout the game and official materials that include all the other fighters and nothing but fighters. That is not necessarily the same thing as a playable character, and Sakurai even seems to distinguish between the two(he usually some term like challenger or fighter for roster members, not "playable character") though fans tend to combine the two. Him being cut is a roster cut, whether he's playable or not. You could even say he's special for being the only non-playable fighter on the roster.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Pokemon Trainer is not literally a playable character(although that is semantically arguable. The down B is straight up his move, not any of his pokemons', he's the one who preforms the move, and when you use it you're directly controlling him and not any of the pokemon. The final smash is also arguably his move. Sakurai even calls those two moves the pokemon trainer's moves on the dojo, whereas the other moves are *insert pokemon's moves*. He also moves with his pokemon and does poses when you attack, meaning you have limited control over him which gets to the matter of what degree of control is your thereshold for "playable". Same deal with Luma or the back Iceclimber. There is no right answer to whether they're playable or not, though I don't think Sakurai considers the to be.)

He is, however, a fighter. A member of the roster list, a face/name on the select screen, a character with a trophy you get from beating classic mode, a primary character in Subspace emissary, a character who is listed in several lists throughout the game and official materials that include all the other fighters and nothing but fighters. That is not necessarily the same thing as a playable character, and Sakurai even seems to distinguish between the two(he usually some term like challenger or fighter for roster members, not "playable character") though fans tend to combine the two. Him being cut is a roster cut, whether he's playable or not. You could even say he's special for being the only non-playable fighter on the roster.
What he said

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
the pokemon trio was basically sheik and samus to me it still is a single character and make sense with character layout especially samus and zelda as both there final smash have to do with same meaning i see what your meaning though aswell
All of those are separate playable characters. As were always Zelda and Sheik. Honestly, they're the same as Link and Toon Link. Or Ike and Marth. While they are related to each other via a move, they still are separate playable characters.

In other news, finally got somewhere on Zelda Classic. Or kind of. I can't use the tile set I wanted to for my Quest 64 remake. I have to edit every tile myself since they don't matchup in the Tile Editor.

Think of it like this; Let's say I want to select O. Instead, I have to select ( and ) separately. So it's a roadblock for me.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
All of those are separate playable characters. As were always Zelda and Sheik. Honestly, they're the same as Link and Toon Link. Or Ike and Marth. While they are related to each other via a move, they still are separate playable characters.

In other news, finally got somewhere on Zelda Classic. Or kind of. I can't use the tile set I wanted to for my Quest 64 remake. I have to edit every tile myself since they don't matchup in the Tile Editor.

Think of it like this; Let's say I want to select O. Instead, I have to select ( and ) separately. So it's a roadblock for me.
there playable characters but not separate until now

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Don't care. Separate from day one. Not in the mood for this either.

My mind's on more important things, like Zelda Classic. So please drop it.
Lol you're never in the mood for anything hyper and nope if that's true they be a acutal roster selection on the screen there one fighter but two playable characters

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

**** you, Toad! Just **** you! I'd say that Drybake Desert is my least favorite of all Sticker Star woulds due to having to back track for scraps and dealing with these damn Toad Doors. On top of that, he had to do the Mario Kart "Heh heh heh!" laugh when you get the puzzle wrong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For Zelda Classic, I may have to redo every sprite myself. The good news is that it's easy. The bad news is that I would have to reset up the sheet myself. So it'll take a while. At least it works. Every space is 16 x 16. The issue is the current sprite sheet wasn't like that.

Unsure of how to implement a lot of stuff, though. This helps for items, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom