• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I don't think I have been fond of the starters final evolution since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Back when Froakie's final stage was a mystery I always hoped it looked something akin to this:

Greninja looks pretty boss in a weird kinda way, but I wouldn't say I was hyped for his design as I was say Infernape.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I started playing wind waker again and got to this part "Do you understand what you're asking? We're pirates! You know... PIRATES! The terror of the seas!" awwww <3
I don't think I have been fond of the starters final evolution since Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Back when Froakie's final stage was a mystery I always hoped it looked something akin to this:

Greninja looks pretty boss in a weird kinda way, but I wouldn't say I was hyped for his design as I was say Infernape.
i actually think that's much cooler

Last edited:

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
He said no cuts but he also said he making the list steadily
So do you think there will be few newcomers or cuts? since you think it won't go higher than 45.
well if you discard the transformation characters as not a single fighter then yeah
One good reason for going with Brawl having 39 characters (at least when it comes to speculation), is because that's what sakurai thinks.

Looks kinda cool, but I like Greninja better. Also it wouldn't fit the theme the starters have.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
So do you think there will be few newcomers or cuts? since you think it won't go higher than 45.
One good reason for going with Brawl having 39 characters (at least when it comes to speculation), is because that's what sakurai thinks.
Looks kinda cool, but I like Greninja better. Also it wouldn't fit the theme the starters have.
i say it was 36 but i digress anyway im hoping for more new faces

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
rxolcouwlwdhrg06sfjw.jpg

I'm still trying to catch up on the reveals when I stumbled upon this.

This is fantastic. Is there any more screenshots of other characters, like Lucario or Pikachu using the leaf? Because I'm curious about what characters with tails look like- if their tails are replaced or something.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
View attachment 11880
I'm still trying to catch up on the reveals when I stumbled upon this.

This is fantastic. Is there any more screenshots of other characters, like Lucario or Pikachu using the leaf? Because I'm curious about what characters with tails look like- if their tails are replaced or something.
Twin tails! tails confirmed for ssb4

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So much info. I can't believe they released 400 pictures and are STILL doing the pictures of the day. Seems odd.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm just disappointed that Luigi doesn't have a fox tail, you'd think that would be the kind of thing Sakurai would reference.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would image they kept it the same as they have to apply it to every character so it's probably just simplier to keep the same basic pattern.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
What I learned about the Metroid Franchise from the Nintendo Direct:

1.) Making Ridley smaller would be against his character so we made him a boss.

2.) Giving Samus rocket powered stripper shoes is a totally awesome way to represent her character.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I can't believe it. I just joined a match in basic brawl and 2 people were teaming up on me for no reason!
I seriously need SSB4. This kind of stuff needs to stop.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

I'm excited for dat Galaga item/AT.

Imagine if it does exactly what it did the game: making a dark clone of whoever it picks up, and you lose a life if you kill your clone directly. You have to hit it from behind or something to disable it safely.

It also gives me hope for music tracks from Galaga Arrangement. Asteroid Zone/Nebula Zone remix plz.

----

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Snipe him back.

Bring plenty of blooming moss, and don't forget to toxic yourself with dung pies.
I have like 14 or 15 uses of blooming moss. I forget how many Dung Pies I have. Like over 30 I think.

As for sniping him back. I tried that. Didn't work out to well either. xD

Ooo! You finally beat him! Good job. Godspeed in Blighttown, did you get the anti-poison stuff I mentioned?
I did. But first time I only bought Purple Moss which doesn't heal ****ing toxic status. I then had to grind souls to buy lots of Purple Blooming Moss.

D

Deleted member

Really the only IP of theirs still making notable profits is MH... but I would assume they're still bleeding through their funds considering it'd be hard for a company that size to subside on a profitable game here and there amidst dwindling revenue in many other areas.

The time for Nintendo to snatch them up is fast approaching methinks. No telling if it'll actually happen though.
Much as I hate what Capcom has done to themselves, I wouldn't want them to be bought out/go out of business. Nintendo won't be buying the entirety of Capcom; that much I am sure about. It'll likely be someone who cares a lot less about gaming.

If Capcom goes out of business, the franchise will be going in all different direction. I'd imagine that Street Fighter would go to Namco for one. If Platinum Games has money, they might go after Okami/Viewitful Joe/Devil May Cry. Nintendo may get a couple of franchises; Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter comes to mind. Maybe Konami could get Resident Evil if they can afford it (not sure about financial situation here)?

Unfortunately, I see Mega Man falling through the cracks. I don't think anyone will be there to save him; Nintendo would prioritize Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright if they go for anything, Comcept probably can't afford to get Mega Man (and even then, Mighty No. 9 is Inafune's new baby, which mind you, is looking great) and I can't think of another other companies that could buy a franchise out would be interested in a franchise that has generally sold poorly in recent years. :crying: At least he got in Smash when he had the chance, though; so he won't be forgotten.

Speaking of which, what exactly does happen to an IP if a company who holds it goes out of business and no one takes the IP? I've been curious about this and I am not sure how this works. That said, I think Capcom will stick around until at least the end of this generation so I still have hope that they'll pull themselves together.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, I heard a guy abbreviate the Global Smash Power as GSP. I'm all in favor of this... I just need people to start calling it that.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Much as I hate what Capcom has done to themselves, I wouldn't want them to be bought out/go out of business. Nintendo won't be buying the entirety of Capcom; that much I am sure about. It'll likely be someone who cares a lot less about gaming.

If Capcom goes out of business, the franchise will be going in all different direction. I'd imagine that Street Fighter would go to Namco for one. If Platinum Games has money, they might go after Okami/Viewitful Joe/Devil May Cry. Nintendo may get a couple of franchises; Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter comes to mind. Maybe Konami could get Resident Evil if they can afford it (not sure about financial situation here)?

Unfortunately, I see Mega Man falling through the cracks. I don't think anyone will be there to save him; Nintendo would prioritize Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright if they go for anything, Comcept probably can't afford to get Mega Man (and even then, Mighty No. 9 is Inafune's new baby, which mind you, is looking great) and I can't think of another other companies that could buy a franchise out would be interested in a franchise that has generally sold poorly in recent years. :crying: At least he got in Smash when he had the chance, though; so he won't be forgotten.

Speaking of which, what exactly does happen to an IP if a company who holds it goes out of business and no one takes the IP? I've been curious about this and I am not sure how this works. That said, I think Capcom will stick around until at least the end of this generation so I still have hope that they'll pull themselves together.
Someone will grab Megaman if that happens. Sega, Nintendo, even Ubisoft would be a decent fit. Look at THQ, even relatively small IPs get purchased, and the ones that aren't worth much (unlike Megaman) get packaged together as "lots" and sold off for a couple 100 grand.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're still talking Pokemon, I do like Greninja and Charizard a lot. But I got to stick with Blaziken and Blastoise for my team. I'm still not sure who I want for my final team member. I'm thinking Krookodile or Dragonite would good choices.

So, I heard a guy abbreviate the Global Smash Power as GSP. I'm all in favor of this... I just need people to start calling it that.
Funny, I remember saying that too. But it's easy to imagine catching on.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Funny, I remember saying that too. But it's easy to imagine catching on.
Yeah, abbreviations are fun. Besides, who could forget AC and AC?

GSP will be cool. I love me some matchmaking, that's one thing I missed in KI:U.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Pasting together some tweets I made:

Fox may be nerfed if the direct trailer is any indication, saw a SH double laser and he still went into the full recovery when he landed. Maybe it wasn't TK'd properly, but for now I'm gonna say Fox nerf.

My question for the new "ledge grabs" is can you recover towards the ledge when someone's already on it and sweetspot it? If so? The game shouldn't need autosweetspotting gone because you'll be able to use **** like MK's downB into the ledge to gimp them when they grab the ledge, since ledge grabs still have recovery. you can probably combo off ledgegrab hits, if so then yeah I don't think autosweetspotting is a bad thing anymore. Imagine baiting a sweetspot and grabbing it right after with your invuln frames, they get gimped hard. That sounds so sick on paper.

Basically? Sweetspotting is nerfed AND buffed, and planking is also nerfed and buffed. These are mostly nerfs though.
tl;dr Basically? Sweetspotting is nerfed AND buffed, and planking is also nerfed and buffed. These are mostly nerfs though, which is GOOD.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone seen that Tomodachi Life Direct? That game looks trippy.... but neat at the same time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, abbreviations are fun. Besides, who could forget AC and AC?

GSP will be cool. I love me some matchmaking, that's one thing I missed in KI:U.
Oh, yeah. How could I ever forget Animal Creed and Assassin's Crossing. They really are marvels in the video game industry.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, yeah. How could I ever forget Animal Creed and Assassin's Crossing. They really are marvels in the video game industry.
Speaking of AC, you know what grinds my gears? People saying that AC will have no future if they make a new game every year, but Monster Hunter can get a new one every year and it's fine. Now, I love both, and Monster Hunter hasn't gotten stale.

I just came back from Series 7 of Doctor Who. I'm emotionally drained now. :(

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of AC, you know what grinds my gears? People saying that AC will have no future if they make a new game every year, but Monster Hunter can get a new one every year and it's fine. Now, I love both, and Monster Hunter hasn't gotten stale.
It's all a matter of personal taste. Though it seems that the games that get millions or even billions of sales tend to also get the most flack from people. Seems fitting nonetheless, right? Personally, I don't see anything particularly wrong with either series.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Fox doesn't rely on SHLs as much as Falco. It's not the big of a thing for him. Besides Fox was mainly nerfed in Brawl when he Lot the ability to jump out of reflector along with still being one of the characters with gimps and CGs and stuff that can be done on him. But despite that he was still a solid character still making it to upper mid tier in Brawl. Fox is just a solid character no matter what. If SHLs were nerfed, it isn;t that big of a deal for Fox. Falco will be the one who would be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom