• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I haven't! >8D
I saw this movie in theaters last November with part of a larger group and while I liked it for what it was, it doesn't deserve the continued hype and fandom since its only high points were its maybe two decent music numbers, neat little story and a few mature main characters. For a while I was worried it was going to explode and become a parallel universe "Brony" culture. No thank you.

The fact that its continuing fanbase is dominantly male makes the idea of watching the movie again deeply off-putting because of the waifu subculture that seems to inevitably develop out of male-dominated hobbies these days. I like the movie enough to where I wouldn't mind watching it again but it'd have be under the condition of watching it with family or a girl friend because I don't want to be associated with that subculture.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I saw this movie in theaters last November with part of a larger group and while I liked it for what it was, it doesn't deserve the continued hype and fandom since its only high points were its maybe two decent music numbers, neat little story and a few mature main characters. For a while I was worried it was going to explode and become a parallel universe "Brony" culture. No thank you.

The fact that its continuing fanbase is dominantly male makes the idea of watching the movie again deeply off-putting because of the waifu subculture that seems to inevitably develop out of male-dominated hobbies these days. I like the movie enough to where I wouldn't mind watching it again but it'd have be under the condition of watching it with family or a girl friend because I don't want to be associated with that subculture.
It has a mainly Male Fanbase?

I liked it, but not that much... I liked Tangled more.

Also, Frozen HISHE coming soon. They have a status video with a dancing troll.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Disney movies aren't gender specific, mate. I never heard this dominantly male fanbase.
And that the movie wasn't that good is your opinion. According to statics it's more than that.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm mostly alone so I don't associate myself with any subculture

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Here's a list of the Disney films that I've seen, 2D or 3D (according to the listings on this page):

-Tarzan
-Dinosaur
-The Emperor's New Groove
-Atlantis: The Lost Empire
-Lilo & Stitch
-Treasure Planet
-Chicken Little
-Tangled
-Wreck-It Ralph

So basically, it looks like I've seen no Disney films pre-1999 (which includes all those "classic" 2D Disney films). I may have seen snippets of those titles here and there, but as far as I can recall, I've never viewed a pre-1999 Disney Feature from beginning to end.

Might explain why there's a hole in my heart that I struggle to fill daily. :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's a list of the Disney films that I've seen, 2D or 3D (according to the listings on this page):

-Tarzan
-Dinosaur
-Lilo & Stitch
-Treasure Planet
-Chicken Little
-Tangled
-Wreck-It Ralph

So basically, it looks like I've seen no Disney films pre-1999 (which includes all those "classic" 2D Disney films). I may have seen snippets of those titles here and there, but as far as I can recall, I've never viewed a pre-1999 Disney Feature from beginning to end.

Might explain why there's a hole in my heart that I struggle to fill daily. :urg:
It would be easier for me to make a list of movies I haven't seen

- Saludos Amigos
-The Three Caballeros
-Make Mine Music
-Home on the Range

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Lol?

Atlantis: The Lost Empire may be the most nonsensical movies I have seen in a while. It's okay for a fictional universe to operate under its own internal logic, but almost everything, from the Atlanteans being fluent in languages they couldn't have possibly been aware of to 90% of the supporting characters having a change of heart about throwing the main character under the bus, came from nowhere and operated on zero logic. It wasn't a bad movie but anyone with just a little bit of sense and knowledge would pick up on these glaring details and implausible changes in the direction of the story.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol?

Atlantis: The Lost Empire may be the most nonsensical movies I have seen in a while. It's okay for a fictional universe to operate under its own internal logic, but almost everything, from the Atlanteans being fluent in languages they couldn't have possibly been aware of to 90% of the supporting characters having a change of heart about throwing the main character under the bus, came from nowhere and operated on zero logic. It wasn't a bad movie but anyone with just a little bit of sense and knowledge would pick up on these glaring details and implausible changes in the direction of the story.
I don't think it was so much about their change of heart of the main character

Killing off an entire civilization for some money would be a tough decision for anyone

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Lol?

It's been a very long time since I've seen Atlantis. As a child, I don't think I noticed the issues you describe, but I imagine I would if I were to watch it now.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't think it was so much about their change of heart of the main character

Killing off an entire civilization for some money would be a tough decision for anyone
They were so freakin' ready to do it, though. There's literally a shot where they are all basically foaming at the mouth over the idea as they ominously look at the main character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They were so freakin' ready to do it, though. There's literally a shot where they are all basically foaming at the mouth over the idea as they ominously look at the main character.
They were reluctant and trying to make false justifications in their actions

You could tell from their expression and words they felt horrible for doing it

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Frozen was good. But not that good. That goes for about every Disney movie though. It's just the "Let It Go" song is catchy, for me anyway, kind hard to get out of my head lol. But I definitely wouldn't go gaga over it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, I'll give you guys three guesses on what one of my favorite Disney movies is, and the first two don't count. :troll:

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Apparently, Rowling regrets having Hermoine and Ron hit it off, which is a strange thing to hear from an author who vividly imagines them as if they were real people she intimately knows. As complete as the Harry Potter story is I hope she eventually revisits it with more books because it's just a world that's too big to leave hanging around to gather some dust.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Apparently, Rowling regrets having Hermoine and Ron hit it off, which is a strange thing to hear from an author who vividly imagines them as if they were real people she intimately knows. As complete as the Harry Potter story is I hope she eventually revisits it with more books because it's just a world that's too big to leave hanging around to gather some dust.
Wait. Seriously? I always thought they were perfect for each other. That's weird.

All she needs to do is come up with a new bad guy that is on par with Voldemort, in terms of a threat and evilness and power and stuff. That would be the hardest part to come up with imo. It's hard for me to imagine the Harry Potter Universe without Voldemort.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Wait. Seriously? I always thought they were perfect for each other. That's weird.

All she needs to do is come up with a new bad guy that is on par with Voldemort, in terms of a threat and evilness and power and stuff. That would be the hardest part to come up with imo. It's hard for me to imagine the Harry Potter Universe without Voldemort.
He's easily the biggest scene-stealer in the history of literature, but The Prisoner of Azkaban showed there could still be extraordinary stories to be told without the context of Voldemort. I think it would be cool and worthwhile to tie in the Veil from the Department of Mysteries to the story arc as a major plot device instead of being an ass-pull seemingly contrived to off a character.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
He's easily the biggest scene-stealer in the history of literature, but The Prisoner of Azkaban showed there could still be extraordinary stories to be told without the context of Voldemort. I think it would be cool and worthwhile to tie in the Veil from the Department of Mysteries to the story arc as a major plot device instead of being an ***-pull seemingly contrived to off a character.
It's been a while since I read the books or watched the movies. But I remember Prisoner of Azkaban still being told with the context of Voldemort, or at least being tied to it. But like I said, it's been a while.

The veil could be interesting if worked upon. Maybe the people within it aren't really dead, meaning Serious (yes I know that isn't how is name is actually spelled) is still alive. Perhaps a even greater threat is trapped within it? Hrmmmmm.

EDIT - Can someone give me the Diddy Icon for Smash4. I'm thinking of getting back into the character discussion thread just cause I'm bored.

EDIT 2 - Actually how about all the new icons for the smash 4 characters revealed that aren't on the roster maker.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

-Tarzan
-Dinosaur
-Lilo & Stitch
-Treasure Planet
-Chicken Little
-Tangled
-Wreck-It Ralph

"Those 'classic'"...

..."Those c..."

How old are you.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS POST.

I need YOUR ideas.

So I proposed this idea on another thread... I know people want a solid name to call each version (I, however, am just fine with '4'), and since the 3DS one is coming out this summer... and the Wii U one this winter, why not Fire and Ice?

-Pros
-Each version has a proper name, something that some Smash fans have wanted.

-In tournaments and discussion, Fire and Ice is quicker to say than "Smash 4 3DS or Wii U."

-Cons
While typing on Smashboards and other online forums, "Smash 3DS" has less characters than "Smash Fire." "Smash Ice", however, has less characters than "Smash Wii U".

Before I start getting the idea rolling, I need public opinion. Thoughts?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THIS POST.

I need YOUR ideas.

So I proposed this idea on another thread... I know people want a solid name to call each version (I, however, am just fine with '4'), and since the 3DS one is coming out this summer... and the Wii U one this winter, why not Fire and Ice?

-Pros
-Each version has a proper name, something that some Smash fans have wanted.

-In tournaments and discussion, Fire and Ice is quicker to say than "Smash 4 3DS or Wii U."

-Cons
While typing on Smashboards and other online forums, "Smash 3DS" has less characters than "Smash Fire." "Smash Ice", however, has less characters than "Smash Wii U".

Before I start getting the idea rolling, I need public opinion. Thoughts?
I'll give you my idea if you do a favor for me first.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

-Tarzan
-Dinosaur
-Lilo & Stitch
-Treasure Planet
-Chicken Little
-Tangled
-Wreck-It Ralph

you've watched Tarzan, Lilo and the Emperor's New Groove so you're set, the old Disney films are super dumb singalongs
I need YOUR ideas.
honestly think that people will call it Smash 4 if talking about it, clarifying 3DS/Wii U if necessary. fan made names probably don't stick unless they're intuitive (like RosaLuma, Zamus, etc.)
^and those are online, irl I'd think people just drop Luma and call her Rosalina and ZSS Zero Suit Samus/Zero Suit.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
honestly think that people will call it Smash 4 if talking about it, clarifying 3DS/Wii U if necessary. fan made names probably don't stick unless they're intuitive (like RosaLuma, Zamus, etc.)
Alright. I agree with that point, most fan names don't stick.

Who's missing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom