• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Read on GameFAQs that someone made a petition to remove "for glory" from SSB4.
For ****s sake.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petiti...-glory-mode-from-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds
"This competitive mode is not the Real Smash Bros game, and it goes against the "Real" way the Game is meant to be played. Items, Stage Hazzards, etc...

Taking out the items, real stages and hazzards is not what Smash Bros is about. Its not a fighting game, its a Brawler with item and hazzard based strategy combat.

This mode only caters to the Competitive Minority who don't really play the real game, And it will divide the fans playing online: with many sore losers who can't win during Item Games and or on Stages with real hazzards.... It Will make online boring.

This mode is not 'For Glory', it is for People that don't want to Play the real Game, It should be Play With Items Competitively, and Its Time for A Real Competitive Scene, For Real Talented Smash Players, That Want a Competitive Mode with Items...."

Not sure if trolling.

Here's the thread.

-----
I myself am a casual player and I disagree with this guy. I prefer for Glory over for Fun.

Hugo Boss

Smash Cadet
Tell the Maker of SSB to make online matches at least 3 minutes.
we play more time and waste less choosing characters and stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's GameFAQs. Nothing else needs to be said. I used to lurk there, but I got really tired to the crap that usually goes on those boards.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lol petitions.

Haven't people realized those petitions never work? I doubt Nintendo of Japan even knows about these petitions. Seriously, it astounds me how people waste time on those petition sites. They never accomplish anything. They mean nothing.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Lol petitions.

Haven't people realized those petitions never work? I doubt Nintendo of Japan even knows about these petitions. Seriously, it astounds me how people waste time on those petition sites. They never accomplish anything. They mean nothing.
Reggie said not long ago Nintendo don't listen to petitions lol.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I myself am a casual player and I disagree with this guy. I prefer for Glory over for Fun.
I'm a casual player, but I don't mind the competitive scene. I just fail to see how a setting for competitive players harms the setting for casual players.

It's GameFAQs. Nothing else needs to be said. I used to lurk there, but I got really tired to the crap that usually goes on those boards.
I don't mind it. Some of the threads are funny. ("Let's put things in Samus' mouth!")
I have an account there (Grovyle_The_Thief), but I haven't been there (while actually logged in, that is) in a year.

The people on that thread were mostly against the petition, so if someone from GameFAQs did make it, I think it would be just to mess with people.

Also:

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Lol petitions.

They don't work Always but I do remember signing a petition for the making of a 4th season of Kim Possible which actually came true. Other than that, are petitions pretty much useless.

Do people seriously think Reggie will be playable because of a stupid petition!?

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Lol petitions.

You could petition for Mario being in Smash and get one million signatures and they never read it, but Mario will always return anyway

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
For ****s sake.

https://www.change.org/en-AU/petiti...-glory-mode-from-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds
"This competitive mode is not the Real Smash Bros game, and it goes against the "Real" way the Game is meant to be played. Items, Stage Hazzards, etc...

Taking out the items, real stages and hazzards is not what Smash Bros is about. Its not a fighting game, its a Brawler with item and hazzard based strategy combat.

This mode only caters to the Competitive Minority who don't really play the real game, And it will divide the fans playing online: with many sore losers who can't win during Item Games and or on Stages with real hazzards.... It Will make online boring.

This mode is not 'For Glory', it is for People that don't want to Play the real Game, It should be Play With Items Competitively, and Its Time for A Real Competitive Scene, For Real Talented Smash Players, That Want a Competitive Mode with Items...."

Not sure if trolling.

Here's the thread.

-----

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I have something to ask. Is anyone planning on watching the next Transformers movie? I never really watched any of the Michael Bay movies and really need to catch up. Fun fact about Transformers though: the guy who does the voice of Perceptor in G1 actually worked with the voice actors in Brawl. Any guess on who he did in Brawl?

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I even said that the Lip Stick deconfirmed her and there's no other way for Lip to even be in the game,
Wat.

For ****s sake.

Not sure if trolling.

Here's the thread.

-----
Wow. Just....... Wow.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I will never understand people who get upset when they are given more options rather then less.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What-what if Lip was playable, and picking up the Lip's Stick item made her attacks with it stronger than it would with other fighters?

I mean, she would use her own Lip's Stick for her basic moves, so picking up the item would be redundant otherwise. Why not power it up when used by her?

Speaking of which, similar things could also be said about hypothetical items that allow any character to glide or lift heavy objects.

Like Meta Knight glides well normally, but a gliding item would make him glide even better for a temporary time. Other characters who don't normally glide will also be able to glide just as well as "powered-up" Meta Knight.

-----

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
For ****s sake.

Not sure if trolling.

Here's the thread.

-----
Hitler seems to agree with him though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
For ****s sake.

Not sure if trolling.

Here's the thread.

-----

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That logic you are using, to try and explain why Lip is deconfirmed....... Doesn't make any sense.
You are right. If Samus can use the Screw Attack with the "real Screw Attack" as an item, then having both Lip and the Lip's Stick wouldn't be a problem.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
EDIT - Can someone give me the Diddy Icon for Smash4. I'm thinking of getting back into the character discussion thread just cause I'm bored.

EDIT 2 - Actually how about all the new icons for the smash 4 characters revealed that aren't on the roster maker.
Please? :<

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Whoever made that petition is either trolling or is a salty person crying salty tears.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So Fire Breath no longer cause flinch? Welp it's use as an eddge guard tool went down a lot. Unless that's a customizable thing, as the fire doesn't seem to get weaker.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've noticed something about Mega Man's mega buster. In the Little Mac reveal he fired at Bowser's back but he didn't flinch at all. I thought initially that the mega buster lost it's flinching properties and would function like Fox's lasers. But, Looking at this new direct, it seems like other characters that were hit by the mega buster did flinch. So I'm assuming Bowser's shell now functions like Link & Toon Link's shield where they auto block projectiles.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I've noticed something about Mega Man's mega buster. In the Little Mac reveal he fired at Bowser's back but he didn't flinch at all. I thought initially that the mega buster lost it's flinching properties and would function like Fox's lasers. But, Looking at this new direct, it seems like other characters that were hit by the mega buster did flinch. So I'm assuming Bowser's shell now functions like Link & Toon Link's shield where they auto block projectiles.
Or it's a part of customization for Megaman. Maybe he can increase the damage output by sacrificing hitstun? It's possibru.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
SmashWiki says so too. And I think it might be a thing now. Seeying as Bowser keeps getting these buffs. Makes him kinda unique, doesn't it?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Or it's a part of customization for Megaman. Maybe he can increase the damage output by sacrificing hitstun? It's possibru.
It could be. But because this was shown before Sakurai went into customizable movesets. It leaves me to believe otherwise. Sakurai was very conscious to show these moves in an isolated portion of the Direct.
SmashWiki says so too. And I think it might be a thing now. Seeying as Bowser keeps getting these buffs. Makes him kinda unique, doesn't it?
Maybe all Heavy characters have some sort of super armor to light attacks?? Idk could be just a Bowser thing.
Smash Wiki is just speculating. :L
Aren't we all? :laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom