• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't be the only one who thinks this model doesn't fit in that well with the other characters, even the cartoony ones.
I personally feel Shulk's hair looks too..."fluffy" compared to the other characters in game

Also that DHD picture seems familiar to me, but I couldn't find anything online

Soul.

We're still talking about that leak, it seems. Eh, we have 23 days left. The wait is not going to last that long.
That Duck Hunt artwork still looks to be "credible", so...
If DLC is confirmed, would it be free or something?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Wait, isn't this the Japanese version of the 3DS game? Why is Bowser called Bowser and not Koopa?
Well nobody said this was the Japanese version specifically, and since it is so close to launch it may be the English one...

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I don't like how they're being kinda lazy with the stages in this game. Instead of having new stages, they port over old ones to rep a franchise, like Brinstar for Metroid, or Jungle Japes for DK. I also see no stages for franchises like Wii Fit or Mother.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I don't like how they're being kinda lazy with the stages in this game. Instead of having new stages, they port over old ones to rep a franchise, like Brinstar for Metroid, or Jungle Japes for DK. I also see no stages for franchises like Wii Fit or Mother.
upload_2014-8-20_1-52-27.png

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Uh, they ported over stages from melee to brawl.

They totally have NOT shown off all the stages.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
UH, we already got Wii Fit STudio:

But yeah, MOTher's getting ignored entirely. :\

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ugh, how long does it take to unlock the rest of the characters in zee ambiguous leak?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
How long did it take to unlock Mewtwo?
20 hours.
Or if you were like me, you played 1-stock supper sudden death with max knockback and unlocked him in 3.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
How long did it take to unlock Mewtwo?
Depends on how many remotes this guy has. If one, maybe 20 hours. Or 700 matches, depending on how fast he is working on unlocking or not.

Of course, I'm not falling for this leak blindly again like I did Gematsu. I will have my doubts. Although that Duck Hunt Dog render...how?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
20 hours.
Or if you were like me, you played 1-stock supper sudden death with max knockback and unlocked him in 3.
It may be less time

But honestly I think your way requires more patience

I can't do repetitive tasks without getting bored

Rather just leave the game on overnight

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
(I remember just leaving my GameCube on all night and then all day while I was at school to unlock Mewtwo, on a one stock match. Badabing, badaboom.)

I feel about this leak the same I do about every leak: I'll believe it when it's confirmed.

Lack of clear in-gameplay screenshots leads me to think it's an elaborate fake. Anyone can fake a roster or stage select screen, and a few character renders. On the other hand, that is still one dedicated troll, and I do expect a leak sometime between now and the Japanese release.

Having said, that, if it were real, I'd be cool with it. None of it is beyond the realm of possibility. While I'm no fan of Doc and Pittoo being separate characters, I can see them doing the Lucina thing again, and while the lack of Ice Climbers is disappointing, we know the team was having issues with them on the 3DS, and I'd gladly take Duck Hunt Dog in their place. Junior would be a welcome bonus too; he is, after all, the Mario newcomer many were originally expecting. And then Mrs. Monado, o' course. :ohwell:

Also I'm a realist. I haven't truly expected Ridley since Pyrosphere-gate. Any arguments for Ridley since seemed like cognitive-dissonance to me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people keep messaging Phil Fish for him to do his little drama over Twitter?

Just stop following him on Twitter

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It may be less time

But honestly I think your way requires more patience

I can't do repetitive tasks without getting bored

Rather just leave the game on overnight
As someone who has no patience whatsoever, I couldn't wait 20 hours. I tried leaving the game on with an exploit that meant the CPU player would never get to me. I caved in after 30 minutes and decided to go for the 700 vs matches. There are few repetitive tasks I can do and unlocking Mewtwo is one of them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Why do people keep messaging Phil Fish for him to do his little drama over Twitter?

Just stop following him on Twitter

People are still messing with that guy? I figured they'd leave him alone by now.

Has that leak been brick'd yet? :v
Some people found some inconsistencies. Like Dr. Mario's art potentially being based off an already used official render. Both Ganondorf and Wario looking inconsistent among the rest of the cast. Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina being next to each other rather than being grouped together with the other characters from their respective series.

Someone else also mentioned that Shulk's face seems a little similar to Little Mac, almost like it was edited off of Little Mac.

Someone had also posted a picture that showed Com 3's spot had a larger black line on it. Making it look out of place compared to the other two, when those lines were smaller.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are still messing with that guy? I figured they'd leave him alone by now.

Some people found some inconsistencies. Like Dr. Mario's art potentially being based off an already used official render. Both Ganondorf and Wario looking inconsistent among the rest of the cast. Doc, Dark Pit, and Lucina being next to each other rather than being grouped together with the other characters from their respective series.

Someone else also mentioned that Shulk's face seems a little similar to Little Mac, almost like it was edited off of Little Mac.

Someone had also posted a picture that showed Com 3's spot had a larger black line on it. Making it look out of place compared to the other two, when those lines were smaller.
People have already found out that the bigger line thing IS in the demo at E3

and there is enough differences with the dr. Mario that, even if the same post, isn't the same render edited. IMO

But the Little Mac and Shulk thing does look pretty similar

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Serious question. This leak shows Bowser jr in his little clown UFO thing. How in the world can you fight with that? Does all of his attacks consist of ramming the opponent or something? I just don't buy this leak. It's very well done for the most part, but people have spotted some sloppy parts of it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Serious question. This leak shows Bowser jr in his little clown UFO thing. How in the world can you fight with that? Does all of his attacks consist of ramming the opponent or something? I just don't buy this leak. It's very well done for the most part, but people have spotted some sloppy parts of it.
I was wondering that a bit myself. But in one of the games, the Koopa clown car has robot arms on it. So he could use those to punch with. I still don't think it's real. Bowser Jr. isn't one of the biggest reasons for that though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem I have with "People spotting sloppy parts" is that many leaks that have been TRUE people nitpicked apart and found little details to deconfirm it

AKA, Greninja, ROB in Brawl, etc

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The problem I have with "People spotting sloppy parts" is that many leaks that have been TRUE people nitpicked apart and found little details to deconfirm it

AKA, Greninja, ROB in Brawl, etc
This just appeared out of nowhere. Could it be real? Sure, but some parts do look sloppy. Like why is Ganondorf's portrait so dark? There are people who are great with making models and I wouldn't put it past someone who's really skilled in that area to do this for fun. It looks like a great fake, but to me it doesn't look very professional. If I see recorded video gameplay I'd be convinced, but pictures are so easily altered and in skilled hands they can make very believable fakes.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
- A character "guaranteed in" (when they never were) not listed
- *****ing that some choices that are in are "stupid"
- Making up excuses or even lying just so they can still have their dream roster.

It's Brawl ALL OVER AGAIN! Good thing I kept my expectations severely low.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Hm. I'll reserve judgement until the game's released or overwhelming evidence is presented. No Mewtwo is very disappointing, but was a reality that I've prepared for. If it turns out to be true, at least now it'll be less of a shock.

In the end, I'm still more concerned with how the game plays than the characters present. (and at least i got little mac <3)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know how there's a bunch of Space Jam remixes? Well, here's one from Megaman 9. It really shouldn't work out this well.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So there was a "leak"? Well let's see it then-

-Ice Climbers cut
-No Lucas or Wolf
-Dr. Mario but no Mewtwo
-Shulk's art work looks too much like Little Mac's
-Dr Mario's art looks too similar to a previous render
-Mr G&W is waving his hand out of his box
-Greninja and Deedeeday's background colours are wrong
-Yoshi considered a Mario character
-The line over Player 4 is thicker
-American version
-That stage selection screen looks kinda ugly
-Corneria using same icon as in Brawl
-Gameplay taken with an even poorer quality camera and on a Brawl stage
-Lucina looks like a tree that got hit by lightning
-No Ridley
-All cut chars (including Snack), as well as the Chorus Bois are DLC
-Dark Pit

People still think this is real?!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm glad we've dissected it in a day, we shouldn't hating on the fact that we gave it the scrutiny it deserved.

WHO KNOWS THOUGH. ICE CLIMBERS CUT BABY. I CAN ONLY HOPE.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So there was a "leak"? Well let's see it then-

-Ice Climbers cut
-No Lucas or Wolf
-Dr. Mario but no Mewtwo
-Shulk's art work looks too much like Little Mac's
-Dr Mario's art looks too similar to a previous render
-Mr G&W is waving his hand out of his box
-Greninja and Deedeeday's background colours are wrong
-Yoshi considered a Mario character
-The line over Player 4 is thicker
-American version
-That stage selection screen looks kinda ugly
-Corneria using same icon as in Brawl
-Gameplay taken with an even poorer quality camera and on a Brawl stage
-Lucina looks like a tree that got hit by lightning
-No Ridley
-All cut chars (including Snack), as well as the Chorus Bois are DLC
-Dark Pit

People still think this is real?!

So because it isn't what you want, it isn't real? That's not fair at all. In fact, that's the most bull**** reason to say this isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom