• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
-Lucina looks like a tree that got hit by lightning
Ohhhh goddddd lmfao

Anyways I'm back on the wagon. Mostly from all these denial dream-roster-crushing posts. The leak is REAL.

Most of the above points are completely plausible changes/actually proven changes. The leak is incredibly strong. It's weakest point really only being the Shulk/Mac similarity IMO.

And even then this all white people roster lookin the same so that's not even that weird hahahaha

This is likely the real deal peoplz

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Everyone's more scrutinised with the character select, I don't think anyone's picking apart the stage select screen much. Here's my thoughts on it anyway that I posted on the leak article:

I have to say I'm skeptical too, but it's the Stage Select screen that concerns me.

• The box UI at the bottom leaves no black space between it and the stage icons above it.
  • The 'Random' icon being highlighted looks like it's clipping the icons around it. It might just be hovering for added effect, but the inner red outline doesn't look like it fits well either.
  • The icons used for the stages looks inconsistent in camera angles and composition. A handful of them take a nice shot of the whole stage; others seem to be taken from obscure angles and awkward close-ups. Especially in the "new" stages shown.
  • Some of the stages look pretty blurred. I can only guess that's N's Castle next to the Prism Tower stage, but it doesn't really look like N's Castle from what I remember. And WTF is that pink stage?
  • There is a LOT of returning stages, that seems too inconvenient for the leaker to fill up space. Arguably, this could happen, as a way to save development time whilst add more content and representation for particular franchises. Still, that feels way too convenient to take advantage of. The returning stages' icons could easily be cropped.
  • Who the $$$$ wants Mushroom Kingdom from Brawl back...
Anyone else agree or disagree?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think the reasons he provided were ones which aren't about "because it isn't what I want it isn't real". Chill T~T
All the cuts are plausible. Mostly whiny "reasons" it couldn't be real.

Most are nitpicks (background colors) or confirmed changes (the thick lines).

The truth is there's not a lot of real problems with the leak, and most people are gonna be in denial because their dream roster didn't make it.

D

Deleted member

Still talking about the leak?
Yeah?
Oh alright I'll come back later when you guys stop.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Still talking about the leak?
Yeah?
Oh alright I'll come back later when you guys stop.
If this is real, which is likely, we just got a handful of character reveals and several cut confirmations.

What bigger news do y'all want??? What are you adding to the conversation???

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So because it isn't what you want, it isn't real? That's not fair at all. In fact, that's the most bull**** reason to say this isn't true.
Did you even read the whole list!? Only four are relating to character choices, and they're pretty valid points. Ice Climbers gone? They've never cut a character who is A: a series' sole representative, or B: has been in the previous two games. Wolf and Lucas? Unlike Melee, Brawl didn't have a *$%"ty roster, 6 cuts is way too much. As for Dark Pit, three Kid Icarus chars?! Also, in the one chapter where you play as him, he plays EXACTLY the same as Pit. Snake as DLC? If he isn't in the game from the start he's not going to be added later. And how exactly would an employee at ERSB know about upcoming DLC?!

I guess that Mario Kart 8 "leak" has just left very cynical:

Last edited:

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Duck Hunt Dog replacing ICs as the NES representative is not only plausible, but also wholly welcomed.

The cuts are all entirely plausible and not "reasons" to deconfirm anything.

D

Deleted member

If this is real, which is likely, we just got a handful of character reveals and several cut confirmations.

What bigger news do y'all want??? What are you adding to the conversation???
You don't seem to be adding much other than saying that it's real and not bothering to debate with anyone who's saying it isn't.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I wonder if that's the full roster, or does the leaker have more characters to unlock?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Weakest actual points with the leak so far:

- awful resolution it is 2014 why are you taking pictures of a ds with another ds in a dusty closet

- brawl stages used to "confirm"

- Shulk/Mac similarity

Dats about it I think. Roster cuts/additions are all plausible and not "reasons" to confirm/deny either way.

You don't seem to be adding much other than saying that it's real and not bothering to debate with anyone who's saying it isn't.
Read my last five posts they've all been objective.......???????????? Get yo facts straight

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Just answer this ONE question and I won't completely call it a fake. Maybe I'll doubt it but I'll consider it also

Why are Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina not placed beside their franchises?
It's possible that they still haven't unlocked all the characters. It happens in Melee and Brawl too, like Bowser being in the opposite part of the rest of the Mario characters until you unlocked Snake.
There is a lot of space for more unlockables, but I'm not sure.
And also, it could just be that the layout has changed. Smash64, Melee and Brawl have all completely different layouts.
I find more weird that Shulk is the only character with the third parties, honestly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What is the general consensus on that new leak?

I'm still in the Fake until proven, but the artwork is still impressive.

I find more weird that Shulk is the only character with the third parties, honestly.
I hope doesn't mean anything or say something about Shulk. I'm sure it doesn't

Regardless, I'm leaning towards fake but I'm definitely gonna consider it. Until proof shows up that it's legit, I'll just stick to team fake (But I still see it as not impossible)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
As much as I want to find a way to prove this fake I can't but I'm not about to accept that it's real.

Just wait for the next veteran reveal. Whether or not the character portrait matches what the leak has, we'll know after that if it's real or fake.

So..... What? Who's team real? Team fake? Team **** it? Team wait it out? Team limbo?

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Also to prove the CSS wrong, I pointed out Ganondorf. He is not based around primary colors, as seen here.

So I did Brawl Ganondorf in Smash 4's primary style. Here

Butchered the eyes a little but it shows what he should look like as a general idea.
Here is Brawl Ganondorf for reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom