• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
"next few days"

It's gonna take a while for this to happen. Reggie should take all the time he needs, though, to properly one up everyone in the challenge.
He's gotta ready his body.

I'm unsure about the leak. We can determine if it's legit once there's a reveal of a character who's a veteran or is on this roster.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I was suppose to leave to go to school registrations 2 hours ago. My mom hasn't gotten here yet though.

Guess I have to deal with more of this leak chaos. :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
20 users viewing this thread and nobody talks. Leaktopia is an interesting place to be right now, I guess.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
20 users viewing this thread and nobody talks. Leaktopia is an interesting place to be right now, I guess.
At the moment we're in a period where there is not much to talk about outside of it. The pics these week though including new information in some form it's still not long discussion material at this point. Until there some kind of info dump or something more that can be confirmed it will probably be this way.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm gonna come out right now and say this is only the calm before the storm. It takes only a simple veteran reveal to trigger the apocalypse.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
At the moment we're in a period where there is not much to talk about outside of it. The pics these week though including new information in some form it's still not long discussion material at this point. Until there some kind of info dump or something more that can be confirmed it will probably be this way.
Good point. I hope Sakurai reveals something interesting tomorrow, like Duck Hunt Dog as AT. :troll:

I'm gonna come out right now and say this is only the calm before the storm. It takes only a simple veteran reveal to trigger the apocalypse.
Waiting for more news is the only thing we can do.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
They give Sonic, a THIRD PARTY CHARACTER glory for this, but Zelda, a less famous but MORE DESERVING franchise absolutely no glory at all? What kind of conspiracy is this?!?!?!
Zelda is too busy fighting For Fun to worry about fighting For Glory.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After seeing how things went in this issue of Weekly Shonen Jump, it's time to say good bye to Illegal Rare since it is still dead last. While Shiibashi was doing great with Nurahiyon no Mago, he's doing even terrible with this series. I guess the only new series we'll have survive is a Kirby ripoff, Naruto with animals, Japan's Super Duper Sumos, and Sky High in manga form. Bleach's pacing is as slow as ever and I really hope Naruto finally ends soon now that Kaguya is gaining some real damage.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys.

"Disabled" is misspelled as "Disablad".

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Maybe these users are just shy lol.

Game's already gold, so we could expect many legit leaks now. I just really wish these leaks show gameplay. It would save so much time and headaches. I'm not even going to comment whether the current leak is real or not because we're close to the 3DS release anyway (and a vet reveal could end this all). I do think the stage roster is crap however, and looking at all the newcomers (and cuts)... for me, the character roster does have some fighters that interest me, however, a lot of these characters are the "icing on the cake". The substantial cake part hasn't been delivered to me yet. There's always DLC, but we'll see.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Coming from Sakurai's reoccurring Famitsu feature (not really)...

We've just announced two new characters who will be joining the fray in the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. One is Dr. Mario from Dr. Mario, and the other is Dark Pit, from Kid Icarus: Uprising. I'll skip over the details.

"What? Not Mewtwo?" I suspect a lot of you will ask. Of course, Mewtwo is quite popular, being the main legendary of the Pokemon series and unfortunately being cut from Brawl. However, I chose Dr. Mario to return from Melee, and I will elaborate on my reasoning later.

Dr. Mario appears in his game and can use pills and functions much like a Doctor. I thought to utilize his pills by assigning them to his special attacks and other than that, keep him identical to Mario.

His neutral special are pills that act as projectiles. He uses his doctor coat for his side special, and the Super Jump Punch for recovery as his up special. Although we could just make Dr. Mario an alternate costue, I decided to assign him as his own character. It isn't the first time I've assigned a similar character a role like this.

Now onto Dark Pit, the second character I have announced.

Dark Pit uses the same techniques as Pit, a fighter with whom I'm sure most of you are already familiar. I even went so far as to make their strength, speed, and special attacks almost identical.

However, what sets Dark Pit apart is the fact that he has black hair. Pit's playstyle emulates the elegant fighting of a an angel with brown hair, but the playstyle of Dark Pit is that of an angle with black hair. Thus, I think that Dark Pit will be much easier than Pit for goth players to play with.

I played all the way through the Pokemon games and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding back Mewtwo to the roster, but that would take up precious development time to rebalance a character as old as him.

At the end of the day, Mewtwo would just end up being another plain-old bipedal Pokemon like Lucario and Greninja. Compared with other characters, he lacks any unique characteristics.

Conversely, when the idea of reintroducing Dr. Mario came to mind, conceiving the character was so easy that I immediately saw how it would work. From standards to specials, grabs to throws, all aspects of his moveset just fell into place. Not only did he possess characteristics just like Mario, but he also captured the essence of the Dr. Mario series of games. It was perfect!

In the end, if a game isn't fun, then there's no point. Of course, it would be really easy to make a game by churning out a ton of fan favorite characters, but that's not how I produce games.

Initially, I had considered including Dark Pit as one of Pit's alternate costumes. After all, he has a close relationship with him in Kid Icarus: Uprising. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

However, even though Dark Pit shares his physical stats and techniques with Pit, the characteristics of their hair differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say he was very lucky to join the fray!

(All in good fun)

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Spelling errors aren't new to the gaming universe. So it hardly means anything. In otherwords it's not enough to confirm it's legitimacy. But it does give favor to the leak being fake.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
*sigh* guess this is Gematsu all over again... Just as speculation was starting to get fun again, now we get something that people take as word of god over Sakurai... I'll be over here sticking to my usual ideology that a leak is always guilty until proven innocent, and it's only proven innocent when the game releases and it doesn't matter anymore. But I guess I'm about to be shut up by people shouting down my throat again.
Oh my god... COMMON SENSE!

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Spelling errors aren't new to the gaming universe. So it hardly means anything. In otherwords it's not enough to confirm it's legitimacy. But it does give favor to the leak being fake.
But if it's part of the game results screen, wouldn't it be hard to miss such a spelling error? They playtest those matches a lot to make sure things are working as they should. How could they **** up with spelling?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I just want all this to end, is that too much to ask?

But no, we must prolong it as much as possible because apparently speculation is fun now.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I just want all this to end, is that too much to ask?

But no, we must prolong it as much as possible because apparently speculation is fun now.
I see no point in discussing it over and over again. All you read are the exact same arguments repeated every hour or so.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
But if it's part of the game results screen, wouldn't it be hard to miss such a spelling error? They playtest those matches a lot to make sure things are working as they should. How could they **** up with spelling?
"How" is irrelevant. The fact I was pointing out is that mispelling has occurred in the past, which is why it can't be used as evidence against the leak. In otherwords, because the mistake isn't new, I feel it's inappropriate to use it as a leak crusher, so to speak.

To clarify; I am on nobody's side on this leak. I feel that all leaks should be ignored- especially leaks so close to the release date. But I also believe we shouldn't dismiss a leak with something so light.

The mistake- to answer your question- could just be overlooked. Of course, this might not be the case at all and may actually of been a fault by the artist of the "fake" leak. However, the fact is that there's a plausible argument against the mispelling , making it less important.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
"How" is irrelevant. The fact I was pointing out is that mispelling has occurred in the past, which is why it can't be used as evidence against the leak. In otherwords, because the mistake isn't new, I feel it's inappropriate to use it as a leak crusher, so to speak.

To clarify; I am on nobody's side on this leak. I feel that all leaks should be ignored- especially leaks so close to the release date. But I also believe we shouldn't dismiss a leak with something so light.

The mistake- to answer your question- could just be overlooked. Of course, this might not be the case at all and may actually of been a fault by the artist of the "fake" leak. However, the fact is that there's a plausible argument against the mispelling , making it less important.
Regardless, this spelling error along with the other visual inconsistencies look very unprofessional compared to Sakurai's other works. Yes, you're right that it's not enough to disprove it. I'm just not buying into this since they've spent a long time making this game and a character menu that looks half assed is mighty suspicious. Sakurai seems to have only put attention to detail in the gameplay and didn't care to much for the character selection screen. It's just very odd.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So you guys know this show?

Well I'm salty because a few years back when I decided to watch my daily episode, I found out that they changed animation studios. Now the animation looks like garbage, and I'm royally angry.

/bashing on a children's show

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think the only reason why I'd love for this leak to be real is because of DH Dog. At first, I disliked the idea, but much like Greninja, I think he'd make a very cool moveset.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hey guys.

"Disabled" is misspelled as "Disablad".
Although difficult to tell for sure due to the quality of the photo, that's almost certainly an e; just compare to the actual a.

At the moment I can't help but lean towards this being real, as most/all of the points against it have reasonable explanations. No Mii Fighters? Customization is off. No names and similar interface changes? Makes sense given the E3 build should be several months old now. The black bar thing? A graphical glitch which somehow no one but the leaker noticed, never mind that in context the cursor is holding the computer chip over Kirby which could change the interface. The bizarre character placement? It makes no sense that a fake would put in that much effort to make high quality original renders only to mess up such a basic point. The weirdest part is the ESRB name, although for all we know that's just the leaker trying to cover his/her tracks. Thankfully this will be very easy to (dis)prove, as all we need is a single character reveal so we can compare the renders. I know I'd rather this turn out to be an elaborate prank (IC either DLC or cut, Lucas and Wolf cut when Doctor Mario and Dark Pit are in, no Ridley, no Mewtwo, no new DK, no Isaac, etc), but I could certainly see this coming to pass.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I dunno, Dr. Mario is hilariously the only character in the leak who excited me. lol

That's the reason why I hardly care for this leak.

Shadow Ganon

Smash Cadet

It seems the leaker predicted a never before seen room from the Tomodachi Life stage that was revealed in today's Famitsu scan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom