• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What is the general consensus on that new leak?

I'm still in the Fake until proven, but the artwork is still impressive.
It's sketchy. We have to wait until a veteran render is put up on the website. If one doesn't match, then it's a fake.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Are we still debating this leak? It'll be 23 days at most before we find the validity of it. No need to blow it out of the water yet.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Team Skyworld... I mean um, yea. :4pit::4palutena:

I don't believe in these lame leaks, no matter how detailed and believable they are. In fact, roster talk and leaks pertaining to it are one of the most repulsive topics and things to ever be discussed before a game is released, especially in the case of Smash. This is simply another instance of random stuff popping up for attention as the game gets closer to being released. Speaking of which, Japan will get the 3ds version within a month. I'm sure some of us can just wait for them to reveal the roster as they unlock all the characters. I know I can.

Waiting to play the game myself on the other hand... is the harder part... ;-;

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm leaning towards team real, but like everyone else, I'm waiting for either a newcomer or veteran reveal. While there are people who say there are lots of inconsistencies, at the same time time there are two things:

1. The idea that you would just design the roster to look unbelievable makes it seem more real.

2. The fact that even updating the CSS, you would still include the graphical glitches.

It all just kinda confusing.

MugiMikey

Smash Rookie
Impressive artwork, but I think it's fake not because of small things here and there, but mostly because of the lack of Mii Fighters.

As much as I want to say I think some of the character prioritization is really whack, you really never know with Sakurai.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The only part of that leak I don't like is Dark Pit. Does Kid Icarus really need 3 reps?
I wouldn't be mad if he got in or anything, it's just so weird.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only part of that leak I don't like is Dark Pit. Does Kid Icarus really need 3 reps?
I wouldn't be mad if he got in or anything, it's just so weird.
Considering Dark Pit is on the same boat as Lucina, it's as weird as FE getting 4 characters.

Anyway, I'm Team Neutral. I like the character roster (alleged DLC characters included), but the stage roster is... kind of bad.

I'll keep waiting for the daily pictures and all that.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

The thing I like most about this pic is that Jr appears to be in his clown car. I really wonder how he's gonna play if he's riding that thing all the time.

#TeamReal btw. I don't mind believing convincing leaks until proven wrong. Though the lack of Mewtwo and Isaac pains me, even if that wasn't unexpected.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Considering Dark Pit is on the same boat as Lucina, it's as weird as FE getting 4 characters.

Anyway, I'm Team Neutral. I like the character roster (alleged DLC characters included), but the stage roster is... kind of bad.

I'll keep waiting for the daily pictures and all that.
Sakurai needs to post Ice Climbers as a character or Dark Pit/Duck Hunt as an Assist Trophy or something real soon in a PotD so we can all go back to normal.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
*sigh* guess this is Gematsu all over again... Just as speculation was starting to get fun again, now we get something that people take as word of god over Sakurai... I'll be over here sticking to my usual ideology that a leak is always guilty until proven innocent, and it's only proven innocent when the game releases and it doesn't matter anymore. But I guess I'm about to be shut up by people shouting down my throat again.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I don't know if I like this leak. On one hand, there's Jigglypuff, Dark Pit, DHD, and Bowser Jr. On the other, there's no Mewtwo, King K. Rool, or Ridley, and there's also DLC, which I am strongly against.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I will say though, I like the art of the duck hunt dog over the one everyone keeps using in the roster maker and stuff.

I honestly wouldn't mind at all if this got in but what a lot of people were suggesting honestly looked like garbage.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Can someone remind me how the Gematsu leak got "killed" again. I never really stopped believing it but I remember there was one point a lot of people stopped believing because of some inconsistency?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I want to know more details about the currently unannounced characters. I read somewhere that Bowser Jr. flies around in the Clown Copter, and DHD uses ducks to attack. But I want more details, like for example any differences with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario and any particular details with Shulk.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
*sigh* guess this is Gematsu all over again... Just as speculation was starting to get fun again, now we get something that people take as word of god over Sakurai... I'll be over here sticking to my usual ideology that a leak is always guilty until proven innocent, and it's only proven innocent when the game releases and it doesn't matter anymore. But I guess I'm about to be shut up by people shouting down my throat again.
Titan, you know as well as I do that credibility never dies.
It's just when one "legit" leak dies, another grows where it's battered corpse once was.
It's a disturbing cycle sure. But aren't they always?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Can someone remind me how the Gematsu leak got "killed" again. I never really stopped believing it but I remember there was one point a lot of people stopped believing because of some inconsistency?
Chrom was deconfirmed and Robin confirmed on the day Shulk was "supposed to".

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Chrom got deconfirmed. It was pretty much unreliable at that point.

Edit: :4greninja:'d. The poster above me has more info than me though.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Chrom was disconfirmed.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*points and laughs.* Oh, you guys. So silly.

I would be slightly disappointed if this roster was the final one, mostly because of the damn Duck Hunt Dog (I mean, really, Sakurai?). But whatever, it's Smash.

#Team Doubt #Team Doesn't Speculate Anyway #Just give me the damn game already #Smooth Criminal #:substitute:

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think the good thing about this leak is that we only need one more veteran reveal to confirm/deny it. If the art doesn't match up, the leak is fake. If it does...

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Aw yeah, I remember now. I still had faith in the rest because I always assumed the Gematsu leak was based on outdated info. Though it's understandable people fell of the gematsu train after a straight de-confirm.

If this new leak turns out real (including the dlc comment) I guess I would've been right in still considering it. Not sure how I feel about that though. :\

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
That Shulk picture in the leak looks very familiar.. But some of you seem convinced, I guess all of the character pictures used haven't been found anywhere else?

This is a disappointing roster. Mario gets another rep, as Bowser Jr instead of Geno!? And, he's sitting inside something? No Mewtwo, K.Rool or Ridley? And then, boring DLC? Lucas, Wolf, Chorus Men, Ice Climbers, Snake? Mostly old characters, 2 of which are clones? I'd be okay with the DLC if they were new characters. I hope this is disproved soon.

And that boring stage selection, ugh.

Last edited:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I use the analogy of all leaks are not guilty of being true until they are proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Even though I generally believed the Gematsu leak, it was never beyond a reasonable doubt. This I feel is the same way.

If the characters that are allegedly DLC are actually DLC, I would be pretty happy with the roster, even though Mewtwo, Ridley, and Dixie Kong are not there. I hope though that Squirtle and Ivysaur also get the DLC treatment. I am ecstatic about the Duck Hunt Dog!

No one has said anything about this, but does anyone have a hypothesis about the five portraits in a row set? Is this a known occurrence in the 3DS version?

Also, has @Arcadenik responded yet?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That Shulk picture in the leak looks very familiar.. But some of you seem convinced, I guess all of the character pictures used haven't been found anywhere else?

This is a disappointing roster. Mario gets another rep, as Bowser Jr instead of Geno!? And, he's sitting inside something? No Mewtwo, K.Rool or Ridley? And then, boring DLC? Lucas, Wolf, Chorus Men, Ice Climbers, Snake? Mostly old characters, 2 of which are clones? I'd be okay with the DLC if they were new characters. I hope this is disproved soon.

And that boring stage selection, ugh.
I'd like to point out that Falco's picture is similar to how he looks in his side b.

EDIT: This move's called Falco Phantasm? That's a freaking cool sounding move!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom