• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I have to give the leaker credit, this is a LOT of pictures. Shulk's model looks slightly less than convincing; however, I commend him for the attempt. Unless that is real, of course. In which case, Shulk is ugly.
Hard to tell with such a blurry shot and Shulk presumably in motion.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I have to give the leaker credit, this is a LOT of pictures. Shulk's model looks slightly less than convincing; however, I commend him for the attempt. Unless that is real, of course. In which case, Shulk is ugly.
3DS screenshots ALWAYS look way worse than actually playing the game yourself.
That, and there is some terrible lighting.

I think when we see video, he will look much better.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
too bad the DLC are only veterans....

but I'd main dark pit and doc again. still, needs some more meat. Feels like MK 8 all over again, not exact, but the feeling is there imo.

(yes i'm still alive)
I thought Chorus Men was supposedly DLC though. But yeah man, I'd totally main Dark Pit and Doc too (Duck Hunt and Shulk look really appealing as well).

(Oh boy, you're not dead :p. Gotta get back on Skype bro!)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The quality of the images is rather low, resolution-wise; this might account for why Shulk's model seems kind of lackluster.

EDIT: Here's a clearer picture of Shulk's render; it might give a better idea of what Shulk might look like without crappy resolution in the way.

Last edited:

Soul.

Oh hey, more from Yoshi's Island (Brawl). The characters seem to be actually on the stage compared to other leaks that use a different screenshot from the character's game and make it seem like they're being used in Smash 3DS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh hey, more from Yoshi's Island (Brawl). The characters seem to be actually on the stage compared to other leaks that they use a different screenshot from the character's game and make it seem like they're being used in Smash 3DS.
That's what I thought. While the new screenshots showing some gameplay may help the leak's credibility, we'll have to wait and see if it's real or not.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Oh hey, more from Yoshi's Island (Brawl). The characters seem to be actually on the stage compared to other leaks that they use a different screenshot from the character's game and make it seem like they're being used in Smash 3DS.
Well, I guess its real. We're doomed.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
New Leak Pic Batch, fresh from the Interweb oven:

Red Team (Lucina, Shulk) VS Blue Team (Ganondorf, Charizard) on Yoshi's Island (Brawl):

Pic 1 (Results, Bottom Screen)

Pic 2 (Victory, Top Screen)

Pic 3 (Gameplay)***

This pertains to the same leak that has been surfacing today, to be clear (i.e. the 3DS Character and Stage selection screen pics).

***Charizard is airborne in upper left, Ganondorf is rolling on lower left, Shulk is standing bottom right, Lucina is on the platform in upper right, and there seems to be a Dragoon piece behind her.
I appreciate the leaker actually providing some gameplay.
However, it can't be that hard to take a clearer shot.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I could believe the other images, but the one image of straight gameplay looks terrible.
That Ganondorf render is mixed for me.

Speaking of which, is it me, or does the bottom screen layout of the 3DS here not match the other images of it?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I appreciate the leaker actually providing some gameplay.
However, it can't be that hard to take a clearer shot.
Maybe they're trying to take photos via daguerrotype.

But since these "new" pics have appeared hours after the original select screens, we might be able to expect more batches to surface either late tonight, or tomorrow. Here's to hoping the quality does improve.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Call me crazy, but I'm still saying it's fake. It doesn't help the battle takes place on a returning Brawl stage, which someone could easily take by going into Brawl, add a Shulk model hack, put some brighter textures on Charizard, add "Smash" in Photoshop, and take a blurry picture of it. Also Lucina, looks... bad. It might just be because it's blurry, but still...

Oh, and Ganon's render has weird lighting on it.

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
Call me crazy, but I'm still saying it's fake. It doesn't help the battle takes place on a returning Brawl stage, which someone could easily take by going into Brawl, add a Shulk model hack and some put brighter textures on Charizard, add "Smash" in Photoshop, and take a blurry picture of it. Also Lucina, looks... bad. It might just be because it's blurry, but still...

Someone posted this at /v/

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Naahhhh I'm off the wagon.

What are these blurry ass big foot pics

Nahhhh fake

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
So Sakurai tells us he hates cutting characters and stresses to death over it because he knows how every character has fans who live for them, but then he goes ahead and cuts Wolf, Lucas, Snake and friggin Ice Climbers?

That a surefire way to upset a whole lotta people, Sakurai!

And here's another way to upset a whole lotta people...

...not add a single one of the Big 3 (Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo), who happen to be the most requested NINTENDO characters for Smash 4 since the beginning!

Sakurai, my man, you gotta reevaluate your strategy for not upsetting people....

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
And if he's taking pictures with a phone, the quality is definitely going to be garbage.
What if they're taking pictures of their 3DS with another 3DS?

Nintendo 3DS Inception Directed by Christopher Nolan

Call me crazy, but I'm still saying it's fake. It doesn't help the battle takes place on a returning Brawl stage, which someone could easily take by going into Brawl, add a Shulk model hack and some put brighter textures on Charizard, add "Smash" in Photoshop, and take a blurry picture of it. Also Lucina, looks... bad. It might just be because it's blurry, but still...

Well, Yoshi's Island does appear in the purported Stage Select screen (Second Row, Fifth Stage). I count at least nine returning stages in there***.

While it could be a Brawl mod, the leaks do have Yoshi's Island, so it could just as easily be a legit 3DS screenshot.

***Jungle Japes (M), Yoshi's Island (B), Brinstar (M), Corneria (M), WarioWare (B), Distant Planet (B), Pictochat (B), Flatzone (?), Green Hill Zone (B)

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So Sakurai tells us he hates cutting characters and stresses to death over it because he knows how every character has fans who live for them, but then he goes ahead and cuts Wolf, Lucas, Snake and friggin Ice Climbers?
The leaker said that all 4 of those characters are returning as DLC, along with the Chorus Men as a newcomer.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I could buy that more if everything else didn't line up perfect except that one line

But why would JUST the black line change?
I'm not sure, there are a multitude of possible reasons. One could be how it might "pop" when selected (or the start-up or ending part of that animation).

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, Yoshi's Island does appear in the purported Stage Select screen (Second Row, Fifth Stage). I count at least nine returning stages in there***.

While it could be a Brawl mod, the leaks do have Yoshi's Island, so it could just as easily be a legit 3DS screenshot.

***Jungle Japes (M), Yoshi's Island (B), Brinstar (M), Corneria (M), WarioWare (B), Distant Planet (B), Pictochat (B), Flatzone (?), Green Hill Zone (B)
I'm not saying it's fake because Yoshi's island is returning, I can believe that stage would come back.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I will say whether it's real or not it is definitely one of the interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Snake requires money. Ice Climbers were told to us he had trouble with them. Other two are less important characters and more new and unique ones do matter a bit. In addition, he had more time than he thought, but not enough to separate Lucas and Wolf a bit more, so put in quick clones which took no time at all. Makes sense, really.

...not add a single one of the Big 3 (Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo), who happen to be the most requested NINTENDO characters for Smash 4 since the beginning!
Not everybody likes or cares about them, though. I've seen quite a few Ridley haters these days. And hey, that's fine if they don't like him. Mewtwo left a bad taste for some people in Melee. K. Rool may not be interesting enough to him.

Popularity alone doesn't get a character in. Other factors can very well exist. Time, uniqueness(especially this one), bias...

I agree all 3 should be in(well, I don't care about Mewtwo, but he did earn his spot reasonably so). Doesn't mean Sakurai does. Mewtwo is already gone in Brawl. Skipping over him again wouldn't be weird. Plus, DLC brought many of thsoe back according to the same leak, so...

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
The leaker said that all 4 of those characters are returning as DLC, along with the Chorus Men as a newcomer.
The vast majority of people who buy Smash 3DS won't be aware of this leak, and therefore won't know that these characters will be future DLC.

So most fans of these characters will still get upset. The only way for Sakurai to avoid this would be to give them away for free on Day 1 of the 3DS release, and put a big notice on the title screen letting players know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom