• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
God.... if this is the final roster, and FREAKING Dark Pit makes it in over the likes of Mewtwo and King K Rool, who are GENUINELY Nintendo all-stars, then I will renounce my praise for this game and go back to Melee and Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Beyond believable?
Yes.

Quick additions with variant movesets pad the roster. Dark Pit is fairly popular, Dr. Mario is too, despite what some say. Sakurai is well aware that different characters looking the same under a Metal Box would be confusing, which is why I believe it's very likely Dark Pit would have a different model. Keep in mind this is a theory, but a very reasonable one. I won't pretend it's impossible, of course. The only one that is a fact is why Dr. Mario is pretty much slot or nothing. Lucina's reasons, why he was in Melee as his own slot(because his abilities differ from Mario), the fact that Mario's custom moves don't use Megavitamins, and most important, the FLUDD doesn't work at all as a Dr. Mario move. You can remodel the Megavitamins with no actual differences beyond the models. Not with FLUDD, however. Wouldn't work. A needle could work, but that'd require different moves and a model, so it would be far harder to pull off. It's of my opinion the spin would be more logical, though.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Guys, like someone else said, the Doctor Mario image used in the roster was an already existing image on the internet. That's proof that this roster was photoshopped.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Teleclone
Stop clonin'
Stop clonin'
We don't want no clones anymore
I make my choice for original for sure
Stop clonin'
Stop clonin'
We'll kick the clones to the door
We want our Mewtwo and our Ridley but no more

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys, like someone else said, the Doctor Mario image used in the roster was an already existing image on the internet. That's proof that this roster was photoshopped.
What, that he's in a similar pose?

It's a different enough model

Ness is in the same pose every time

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
STOP THIS PARADE DROWNING, PEOPLE. I'VE DONE THIS ENOUGH.
test.png

Notice a difference? It's a big difference. And that artwork is fanon, created with GIMP and a modification of a normal Mario picture. They are very different.

D

Deleted member

It was cleared up hours and pages ago that that is a different picture. A lot of noticable differences between the two. Such as a different angle on the head. The neck thing is placed differently, and a couple others like the head thing is higher up on his head in the leaked one.

D

Deleted member

That was the E3 build. We already knew it was old, and it's entirely possible the UI has been added to since that build.
Yeah, sometimes, games can differ significantly from past versions or builds, so you're right. It's a possibility though, like you said.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It was cleared up hours and pages ago that that is a different picture. A lot of noticable differences between the two. Such as a different angle on the head. The neck thing is placed differently, and a couple others like the head thing is higher up on his head in the leaked one.
Have those renders used in the "leak" been located? If not, that's does add a lot to its credibility...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Have those renders used in the "leak" been located? If not, that's does add a lot to its credibility...
Not one render has been found. Not even for the veterans. They were either all hand-crafted by a troll or this is real.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
STOP THIS PARADE DROWNING, PEOPLE. I'VE DONE THIS ENOUGH.
View attachment 22227
Notice a difference? It's a big difference. And that artwork is fanon, created with GIMP and a modification of a normal Mario picture. They are very different.
I stand corrected. But this is no parade. It's not a believable looking roster and was it ever discussed why the mii fighters aren't included?

D

Deleted member

Not one render has been found. Not even for the veterans. They were either all hand-crafted by a troll or this is real.
I searched for ness, falco, dr mario, and game and watch. Couldn't find a render on google images that matched, or could be easily altered to match.
I stand corrected. But this is no parade. It's not a believable looking roster and was it ever discussed why the mii fighters aren't included?
we are assuming mii fighters are either in a separate menu for some reason or are not unlocked in this build.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'm done being mad, there's no use complaining anymore, is there?

No K. Rool or Mewtwo, which sucks.
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are, quite frankly, wastes of slots (I know they took minimal effort, but even less effort could've gone into making then alts)

This roster... Isn't perfect, I'll leave it at that. But it's no Mario Kart 8 roster, at the very least. And at least we'll still have the fun gameplay, great music, and Captain Falcon!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't really want Bowser Jr or Duck Hunt Dog in comparison to all the exciting characters we could have gotten.

I'd live with it, but I'm still kinda sad, while speculating, none of my top 5 got in if this was the final roster.

D

Deleted member

I'm done being mad, there's no use complaining anymore, is there?

No K. Rool or Mewtwo, which sucks.
Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are, quite frankly, wastes of slots (I know they took minimal effort, but even less effort could've gone into making then alts)

This roster... Isn't perfect, I'll leave it at that. But it's no Mario Kart 8 roster, at the very least. And at least we'll still have the fun gameplay, great music, and Captain Falcon!
HYEZ!
Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS? More like Super Smash Bros: Kid Icarus + Mario all Stars. Damn...
Not commenting on the Kid Icarus part but Mario just so happens to be the best selling video game franchise of all time.
ALSO WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'S REAL YOU SAVAGES

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ironically, Duck Hunt Dog is the only good part of the leak.

The rest of it sucks.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
I don't really want Bowser Jr or Duck Hunt Dog in comparison to all the exciting characters we could have gotten.

I'd live with it, but I'm still kinda sad, while speculating, none of my top 5 got in if this was the final roster.
I know that feel, man. I know that feel...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS? More like Super Smash Bros: Kid Icarus + Mario all Stars. Damn...
I love Kid Icarus. It's an incredible series that missed out on almost a dozen Nintendo systems and without Sakurai would've skipped one more. Would a little bit of compensation for being forgotten be too much to ask?

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Kid Icarus has only three games... and Smash Wii U/3DS (aka Smash Uprising) only appears to have content from ONE! Only Uprising, that's it! Three characters for three games..... most overreped franchise ever. No to mention the 6 items, 2 new stages, 2 new assist trophies, and 20 billion Smash Run Enemies it has....

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes. Turning Customization Off is likely to make their picture disappear. It's the only theory we got beyond "unfinished roster". Nobody said they weren't locked overall, you know?

And the roster is pretty believable for Sakurai, honestly. He loves Uprising(blatantly), Dr. Mario will be his own slot if he appears outside of a Trophy/Assist Trophy(never will be an Alt), weird guys like Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr.(in a Koopa Klown Car) is not odd at all for him. Ridley was never guaranteed to be playable, nor Mewtwo. Lucas and Wolf are highly believable cuts(sadly), Ice Climbers were told to be hard to implement by Sakurai himself...

I'm not sure what holes are here beyond that "bad quality images" and Yoshi's placement. The clones being in weird spots does suggest he might not be making the roster in some extremely specific way, though.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Kid Icarus has only three games... and Smash Wii U/3DS (aka Smash Uprising) only appears to have content from ONE! Only Uprising, that's it! Three characters for three games..... most overreped franchise ever. No to mention the 6 items, 2 new stages, 2 new assist trophies, and 20 billion Smash Run Enemies it has....
If Metroid had it's first two games and then a drop until a Metroid: Dread 3DS title, which would they take content from? The 8-bit game with 6 different enemies and 2 attacks? Or a fully-fledged modern game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just gonna hunker down for a bit and wait for this to blow over.
As a parting note, you guys need to chill out.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If Metroid had it's first two games and then a drop until a Metroid: Dread 3DS title, which would they take content from?
All three of them, of course. That isn't the point. I loved Kid Icarus Uprising, don;t get me wrong, but I just don't want Smash to become Super Smash Bros Uprising, because the whole point of this series is to have Nintendo ALL STARS in a fighting game together... last time I checked, Dark Pit, or Pitoo, wasn't an all star. He's an alt palette swap for Pit, THAT'S IT.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd be down for this kind of roster. How would Duck Hunt Dog even play??? I've always looked forward to another quadruped character since Ivysaur.

If this is also the roster, there's obviously a lot more characters to unlock. People acting as if this is all the characters XD

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And now I can't wait to see Dark Pit playable with a unique model and a different moveset to make people realize that clones are not 100% identical to any character and unique to a degree(otherwise they wouldn't be playable in their own slot/as their own character). Even without Dr. Mario, Dark Pit is frankly the most likely 3rd playable KI rep. Medusa, not so much, sadly.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I refuse to be disappointed in the roster choice if these pics are in fact real. However I will say the character select (top screen) is kinda plain. Solid black doesn't really fit with the rest of the menus UI. I find that to be one of the biggest flaws if the pictures are indeed fake.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
All three of them, of course. That isn't the point. I loved Kid Icarus Uprising, don;t get me wrong, but I just don't want Smash to become Super Smash Bros Uprising, because the whole point of this series is to have Nintendo ALL STARS in a fighting game together... last time I checked, Dark Pit, or Pitoo, wasn't an all star. He's an alt palette swap for Pit, THAT'S IT.
Ehhhh, all the "All-star" character's are all ready in the game, so I guess you have to stretch it for more characters. Dark Pit (assuming if this leak is real) was a easy clone, similar to a character like Roy, Pichu or Falco in Melee, and I wouldn't call them all stars.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Not this conversation again...

I'm not being rude, I agree there's a lot of Kid Icarus content, but there's no use complaining. All we can do is hope for other series to be well represented as well.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Not this conversation again...

I'm not being rude, I agree there's a lot of Kid Icarus content, but there's no use complaining. All we can do is hope for other series to be well represented as well.
I ain't complaining for no reason... I'm genuinely pissed at this possible scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom