• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dr. Mario is Mario, Lucina is NOT Marth.
Strange, I wonder why Lucina is her own character after the invention of alternate costumes... oh wait... Sakurai blatantly asserts why that is the case! Silly me, always forgetting!

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!
Here is the first portion of that quote that refutes your fallacious sentiment.

Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.
Did you...Did you just quote and dismiss yourself?

Morbi

Scavenger
People are taking this seriously? We already saw the CSS screen guys, and it looks nothing like this. Plus, where are the Mii Fighters, and what's up with the awkward placement of Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina?
Did we, per chance, see the final version of the CSS? Did Sakurai confirm that Mii Fighters were starters (there is a picture that refutes this point, but I am too lazy to search). This is not the final roster, so the placement is not final.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

I mean that's true, but it doesn't change the inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit from being stupid.

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i think this leak is fake since when we saw the character screen for the 3ds on the demos, characters had their names under them, which this leak lacks

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Did we, per chance, see the final version of the CSS? Did Sakurai confirm that Mii Fighters were starters (there is a picture that refutes this point, but I am too lazy to search). This is not the final roster, so the placement is not final.
We never saw the final CSS, but I highly doubt the background would change that much, especially when it wouldn't make any sense, that's my beef with it.

Morbi

Scavenger
I mean that's true, but it doesn't change the inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit from being stupid.
That is fair.

Did you...Did you just quote and dismiss yourself?
I do not follow, those are not my words, those are Sakurai's words. Assuming that there is a contradiction (there is not), that would not be me dismissing myself. The only erroneous action on my part was not posting the entire article.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
That's it guys! Let's keep clipping at this ugly giant of a leak until it falls flat on it's face!

So far, The whole Ness and the missing shirt curve is the best piece so far.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Real or not i can careless. I just want the damn game.

If it's real, its real. If it's fake, it's fake. 24 more days

Last edited:

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
Brinstar is the last stage in the second row of the stage select screen, but certainly a very convincing set of screens. I'll grab my popcorn and see how this plays out.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather not help history repeat itself, so I'm going to assume it's real. No one would go through this much effort for a few minutes of fame.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I also wanted to point out when the leaker mentioned the DLC characters, he called the chorus kids by their Japanese name.
It's clear that he would have only had the English version (Bowser, not Koopa)
I feel like this was glazed over, but I have something to add.
Why would the Chorus Kids, out of all characters, ever be DLC?
I don't think they would be the first to come to mind when deciding that sort of thing...

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Remember the leak before Brawl? Everyone was discrediting? ChaosZero?

Everyone's grasping at straws here after being stung terribly with Gematsu.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Remember the leak before Brawl? Everyone was discrediting? ChaosZero?

Everyone's grasping at straws here after being stung terribly with Gematsu.
Everyone is going to suffer except for me, because I still got what I wanted.

Well, except for Shulk, but I'm still very confident regardless.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Everyone is going to suffer except for me, because I still got what I wanted.

Well, except for Shulk, but I'm still very confident regardless.
If this leak is true, I don't get my most wanted characters. However, I do get one of my Melee mains back, a cool new retro, DARK FREAKING PIT, and proof that the roster will be very hefty for a small system.

Soul.

Lol, the amount of disappointment will be huge when the full roster is leaked in the Japanese version of Smash 3DS.
What are we expecting for the PotD again? Ridley?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Lol, the amount of disappointment will be huge when the full roster is leaked in the Japanese version of Smash 3DS.
No, because anything Ridley related in a PoTD would be bad.

D

Deleted member

Well, uh, Ridley makes sense to be revealed (be it a hazard or playable) at this point since Other M launched in August 2010 in the US, and in September for the other regions.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Have they announced any new characters on anniversaries?

I thought it was only veterans that are announced on dates like that

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Watch Sakurai pull the most legendary trolls in the history of gaming and reveal the Ice Climbers in tomorrow's Pic of the Day.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Why would it be bad. Even if he's a stage hazard (I'm not saying he is one), he's still in the game. lol
It'd be bad for supporters like me lol. I want him to be playable. He's too big (huehue) to be casually revealed in a PoTD unless he's a stage hazard.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even with just a few more days remaining until the Japanese release date, speculation just can't end soon enough....for me at least...

To sum up my thoughts on speculation ending:

And to sum up my thoughts on the game's American release date:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The way the DLC was shown is very suspicious.

And we know Dr. Mario will never be an alt. He does not function the same way as Mario. End of story. They are separate, period.

Yoshi's placement is suspicious.

Ness getting a different model change is not. Of course new stuff happens. Useless information. The clones are beyond believable, if Dark Pit has a different model, that is.

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Seem like this music is perfect for heavy duty debates

Let's start, should we?

To start things off, ESRB states that they don't play the games they are sent due to them being "buggy" or "too long" but the user name on the bottom screen have ESRB in it (the user also added the word boob as well which make it seem even more fake.)

DeDeDe and Greninja's background color is wrong.

Shulk seem to be based off of this

The user probably fixed this image up a bit and make it to look like Shulk.

The Dr. Mario render also gotten some fixing up as this render

looks the same as the one used in the leak.

In the stage select leak, the picture of Melee Corneria is an exact replica of the picture used for it in Brawl's Stage Select, when it had a different picture entirely for Melee itself.

Some of characters are missing from that character select leak such as the Miis, but the person behind the leak said that he hadn't unlocked everyone.

Brinstar is missing in the stage select as it was revealed in today PoTD. OBJECTION! It's in the stage select!

Yoshi is in the same row of the Mario characters, even though he is a rep for Yoshi's Island

There's no names under the fighters but was probably due to the small screen of the 3ds.

The character select and the stage select looks empty with it background.

http://i.imgur.com/agLFeLp.jpg Look at Ness shirt in the roster leak

I'll do some research and see what I can add to this debate.

Ok this is cute an all... but honestly do we on Smashboards have nothing better to do than beating a dead horse.
Also this is for you Ness

Dem Curves.... 1:08

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Double Posting Warning Received
The way the DLC was shown is very suspicious.

And we know Dr. Mario will never be an alt. He does not function the same way as Mario. End of story. They are separate, period.

Yoshi's placement is suspicious.

Ness getting a different model change is not. Of course new stuff happens. Useless information. The clones are beyond believable, if Dark Pit has a different model, that is.
Beyond believable?

This leak is creating some

FABULOUS

mindless arguing discussion!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I want Duck Hunt Dog soooo much, but at the cost of having 2 more clones into the mix (WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T THEY MAKE DR. A COSTUME?!?!?)....I don't even know :'(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
...Yeah, I'll just wait till the salt clears. I've had my fill.
*hides*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom