• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Hey guys hey guys HEY GUYS

REmember at Comic Con the guy from the Tree house saying he plays Mario, but he's much better in "a different build"?

We all thought maybe they were talking about custom moves.

Anybody who's anybody knows Dr Mario > Mario

Can anyone find that video?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Guys

This is totally fake

At an angle
Poor image quality
Why would he have a tongue for a scarf when all the other forms use bubbles as a theme?

That OTHER final evolution of froakie is much more believable and looks better

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

REmember at Comic Con the guy from the Tree house saying he plays Mario, but he's much better in "a different build"?

I thought they were referring to the fact that the e3 build of Sm4sh was pretty outdated at that point

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I ain't complaining for no reason... I'm genuinely pissed at this possible scenario.
And I understand. It's ridiculous and stupid and dumb. There's no denying that. But is there anything we can really do? It's kinda depressing when you think about it.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Someone here said that the leaker said he hasn't unlocked everything yet. Now why would he say that? To cover inconsistencies in the supposed leak or what? I still don't buy this leak. Yes, it's very well done, but ALWAYS take leaks with a grain of salt.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
One thing that jumps out at me about this leak is the name of DHD:

"Duck Hunt"

Not just because of the fact that it doesn't make sense to name a character that, but the Translators and NoA Localization Team should never let that through.

Say "Duck Hunt" fast. If it doesn't jump out at you keep saying it fast. Seems a little too suspicious of a name for a piece of "legit" info.

Add onto that the game copy is labeled as "ESRB008" or something. Notice the "B008".

Both these things look like signatures - a tag like a graffiti artist might leave.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So let's talk about things we actually like in the leak. I'll start.

Shulk is playable, and it looks like Gaur Plains is also a stage.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Guys

This is totally fake

At an angle
Poor image quality
Why would he have a tongue for a scarf when all the other forms use bubbles as a theme?

Oh yeah and this leak is SO REAL it has most of the information correct

srsly ur in denial if you think it's not real

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You guys are all freaking out over this leak.
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the PotD and preparing to download some free PS3 games.

The game's out in a month. We can wait that long, right?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You guys are all freaking out over this leak.
Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the PotD and preparing to download some free PS3 games.

The game's out in a month. We can wait that long, right?
It's almost like this a forum to discuss Smash related news or something.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
One thing that jumps out at me about this leak is the name of DHD:

"Duck Hunt"

Not just because of the fact that it doesn't make sense to name a character that, but the Translators and NoA Localization Team should never let that through.

Say "Duck Hunt" fast. If it doesn't jump out at you keep saying it fast. Seems a little too suspicious of a name for a piece of "legit" info.

Add onto that the game copy is labeled as "ESRB008" or something. Notice the "B008".

Both these things look like signatures - a tag like a graffiti artist might leave.
I have figured it out

ESRB008 seems at first to signal some connection to the ESRB but it is in actuality an anagram!!!!!!!

ESRB008

ROOSE B8

ROOSE
B8

we have been rused
and this is BAIT

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

I think it's this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCQDRuL8Dk

If not, I'm sorry :urg:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I'm not freaking out. Wouldn't it be cool if Sakurai announce Duckhunt dog as an assist trophy tonight. I would laugh.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Hope this isnt real, seems like the only heavy hitters are the iconic 4 and thats it imo.

Need a bit more meat i'd say

Either way i'd play the hell out of it. But still hoping its fake so SB doesn't blow up

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
I have figured it out

ESRB008 seems at first to signal some connection to the ESRB but it is in actuality an anagram!!!!!!!

ESRB008

ROOSE B8

ROOSE
B8

we have been rused
and this is BAIT
I dunno man. The ESRB008 thing seems a bit of a stretch on it's own. But can you really expect them to have the announcer come in and say "Duck Hunt!" without someone going: "Wait a second..."?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
NO THAT'S NOT IT YOU BETTER BE SORRY j/k that's the one :) Nice dude!

I'm not about to watch through it and tag the quote's location though.
I found it! It's after the 24:00 mark.

Last edited:

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
Why is everyone thinking so far outside of the box?

Think about it, if this person legitimately had access to the game, why would he stop leaking info at the roster screen? Either he will leak nothing, or he'll leak everything (at least enough to prove himself legit). It would take 30 seconds extra to begin a match as Duck Hunt Dog and enter an unannounced stage, perform a move, and take a snapshot. This would authenticate the leak substantially, moreso than any other leaks period. Any of the unannounced characters appearing on a stage would greatly authenticate it.

So why doesn't he do this? Because it's fake. It would take a tremendous amount of additional resources for him to doctor up one of these models performing in combat, especially given Smash's unique animation design.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
@ TewnLeenk TewnLeenk Excellent work

"I'm using Mario but in this build ... eeeeh. *mumbling* Don't blow my cover!"

For sure talking about Dr Mario

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Why aren't people mentioning this guy said that there would be 5 DLC characters? Supposedly there will be DLC which includes:

> Snake
> Chorus Men
> Lucas
> Wolf
> Ice Climbers

Also, I want to believe this leak because now I REEEEEEEEEALLY want the Doc back.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Oh yeah and this leak is SO REAL it has most of the information correct

srsly ur in denial if you think it's not real
Well, if this leak is indeed correct, then we get everyone but chrom so, it could potentially be at this point. Granted, we also get more newcomers then it.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys

This is totally fake

At an angle
Poor image quality

I still say he looks like a hipster Latios in this pic.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Hope this isnt real, seems like the only heavy hitters are the iconic 4 and thats it imo.

Need a bit more meat i'd say

Either way i'd play the hell out of it. But still hoping its fake so SB doesn't blow up
SB is gonna blow up no matter what....QUICK, GET TO THE BUNKER!

Even if this was real, I wouldn't mind. Duck Hunt Dog is fine, Dark Pit is kinda cool (don't see him as that bad of an addition for whatever reason), Shulk is awesome, but Dr. Mario and the cuts are a little disappointing. Although there is DLC of course...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
New Leak Pic Batch, fresh from the Interweb oven:

Red Team (Lucina, Shulk) VS Blue Team (Ganondorf, Charizard) on Yoshi's Island (Brawl):

Pic 1 (Results, Bottom Screen)

Pic 2 (Victory, Top Screen)

Pic 3 (Gameplay)***

This pertains to the same leak that has been surfacing today, to be clear (i.e. the 3DS Character and Stage selection screen pics).

***Charizard is airborne in upper left, Ganondorf is rolling on lower left, Shulk is standing bottom right, Lucina is on the platform in upper right, and there seems to be a Dragoon piece behind her.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
SB is gonna blow up no matter what....QUICK, GET TO THE BUNKER!

Even if this was real, I wouldn't mind. Duck Hunt Dog is fine, Dark Pit is kinda cool (don't see him as that bad of an addition for whatever reason), Shulk is awesome, but Dr. Mario and the cuts are a little disappointing. Although there is DLC of course...
too bad the DLC are only veterans....

but I'd main dark pit and doc again. still, needs some more meat. Feels like MK 8 all over again, not exact, but the feeling is there imo.

(yes i'm still alive)

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Red Team (Lucina, Shulk) VS Blue Team (Ganondorf, Charizard) on Yoshi's Island (Brawl):

Pic 3 (Gameplay)***

This pertains to the same leak that has been surfacing today, to be clear (i.e. the 3DS Character and Stage selection screen pics).
***Charizard is airborne, Ganondorf is rolling, Shulk is on the bottom, Lucina is on the platform, and there seems to be a Dragoon piece behind her.
Looking more and more legit. This is one determined faker if otherwise.

Morbi

Scavenger

Pic 3 (Gameplay)***

***Charizard is airborne, Ganondorf is rolling, Shulk is on the bottom, Lucina is on the platform, and there seems to be a Dragoon piece behind her.
I have to give the leaker credit, this is a LOT of pictures. Shulk's model looks slightly less than convincing; however, I commend him for the attempt. Unless that is real, of course. In which case, Shulk is ugly.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I have to give the leaker credit, this is a LOT of pictures. Shulk's model looks slightly less than convincing; however, I commend him for the attempt. Unless that is real, of course. In which case, Shulk is ugly.
3DS screenshots ALWAYS look way worse than actually playing the game yourself.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman

Pic 3 (Gameplay)***

Ganondorf looks fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom