• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
Even though I already think it's fake, at least this thing has a fairly short time limit. We just have to wait until one of the characters on there are (dis)confirmed.
...Assuming we get another before release, of course.
Which makes it even more likely! Who would make such a polished leak when it could literally be deconfirmed the next day?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
About the whole ESRB thing.
They don't actually play the game. There's no reason that Bowser would be named ESRBwhatever. This is from the ESRB's website's FAQ:

Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 8.39.53 PM.png

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Which makes it even more likely! Who would make such a polished leak when it could literally be deconfirmed the next day?
You'd be surprised how some people go out of their way just to troll avid fans like us. Usually the leaks are pretty bad and easy to spot. This person however did a good job. It's missing the Mii Fighters though. That's what completely sealed it off as fake for me.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Looks super fake, I mean c'mon leak clearly lacks Shrek, nice try N00Bs. Not pulling a fast one on me, and c'mon it even has some obscure 4th party mustached red hat guy. Pls..

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
- Lucas, IC, Wolf in favor of Dark Pit and Dr Mario
- Lack of Mewtwo/6th Pokemon yet Mario has 6(7) characters.
- Shulk and Hunt Dog....

With out a doubt the worst roster ive ever seen. Not suprised if this BS is real cause when people leak fighting game rosters as asinine as this, (MvC & SCV are good examples), It ends up being true. Pray this is fake.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If that leak is real, than that would mean the the Ninka/Vaanrose Leak is true, as all the newcomers here (including Duck Hunt Dog and Clown Car Bowser Jr.) were in that leak.

BUT, if the Ninka leak is indeed true, Dixie and Chorus Men would be in, which would mean that this isn't the full roster.

Which means Ridley still has a chance.

D

Deleted member

If that were the case then they would just turn into generic Mii's. Not completely removing them from the select screen. The Mii's have their own slot. Removing it makes no sense.
If they were generic with customization off, Miis would be playable online. So either the customization button also toggles Miis, or they are picked through a completely separate menu.

D

Deleted member

Well, we'll have to wait and see if the leak is true or not. I still wonder why Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are there.

D

Deleted member

You'd be surprised how some people go out of their way just to troll avid fans like us. Usually the leaks are pretty bad and easy to spot. This person however did a good job. It's missing the Mii Fighters though. That's what completely sealed it off as fake for me.
What if the Mii Fighters and Characters screen is a redirect when you turn on customization, and miis aren't usable with customization off? I know it's a stretch, but you never really know with Sakurai.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
Yeah! I would be surprised!

The ONE and ONLY suspicious thing I see about this leak is that Yoshi is placed in between Bowser and Rosalina, even though those two share the mushroom emblem, while Yoshi has his own unique emblem. I don't know why the developers would do that, although I don't think a fake leaker would do that, either.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If they were generic with customization off, Miis would be playable online. So either the customization button also toggles Miis, or they are picked through a completely separate menu.
With that I counter with this. How would they be playing online? Someone already posted the ESRB raters don't actually play the games. It's a really good fake at first glance.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
Edit: Nvm I'm dumb lol

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
See, there's one reason that leak is fake:

No KKR, no Ridley, and no Mewtwo, a well-done leak would pander to at least 2 most wanted including Shulk.

I'm not believing this.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah! I would be surprised!

The ONE and ONLY suspicious thing I see about this leak is that Yoshi is placed in between Bowser and Rosalina, even though those two share the mushroom emblem, while Yoshi has his own unique emblem. I don't know why the developers would do that, although I don't think a fake leaker would do that, either.
And Ganondorf having a different art style.

And Bowser being named ESRB whatever when they don't play the games they rate.

And the bizarre placement of Lucina, Dark Pit, and Doc.

There's more than just Yoshi here, trust me.

D

Deleted member

With that I counter with this. How would they be playing online? Someone already posted the ESRB raters don't actually play the games. It's a really good fake at first glance.
That's not the point I made. Miis are already confirmed not playable online. If they had a generic version when customization is off, they would be, but that's not the case. So them not having a slot here does not say anything about the legitimacy of this leak.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
What if the Mii Fighters and Characters screen is a redirect when you turn on customization, and miis aren't usable with customization off? I know it's a stretch, but you never really know with Sakurai.
That would add pointlessly moving through menu's. It wouldn't be very efficient.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Less than a month...

Now's about the time to make decisions regarding how to approach spoilers. Recoil from the internet to play Smash 4? Or consume every bit of info that gets leaked?

Probably gonna be the latter. xD

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Shulk's hair in the pic looks different than ANYONE else who has hair

But it could just be stylistic choices with them

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
The Leak looks fake IMO. Anyone can photoshop already existing renders to make them look "original". Does looks pretty convincing though. I would main Duck Hunt Dog FOR DAYS. Also, I can get Wolf and Lucas getting cut (even though I don't want them to) But I can't see Ice Climbers being cut. Also, what's up with Dr. Mario being back? That's just weird.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
That's not the point I made. Miis are already confirmed not playable online. If they had a generic version when customization is off, they would be, but that's not the case. So them not having a slot here does not say anything about the legitimacy of this leak.
A lot of things question the legitimacy of this leak. The out of place characters, some of the weird models, G&W's hand clipping into Wario's portrait (which looks bad too).

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
- Lucas, IC, Wolf in favor of Dark Pit and Dr Mario
- Lack of Mewtwo/6th Pokemon yet Mario has 6(7) characters.
- Shulk and Hunt Dog....

With out a doubt the worst roster ive ever seen. Not suprised if this BS is real cause when people leak fighting game rosters as asinine as this, (MvC & SCV are good examples), It ends up being true. Pray this is fake.

Oh, this roster is bad yes for the exclusion of Mewtwo and addition of Doc and DP [DHD is cool!], but there is one roster even worse...

Mario Kart 8.

D

Deleted member

The Leak looks fake IMO. Anyone can photoshop already existing renders to make them look "original". Does looks pretty convincing though. I would main Duck Hunt Dog FOR DAYS.
The thing about most of these new renders are is that it would take a lot of effort to change them to the point they are. Most of them are new poses, so its not a simple palette change and adding shadows.

D

Deleted member

A lot of things question the legitimacy of this leak. The out of place characters, some of the weird models, G&W's hand clipping into Wario's portrait (which looks bad too).
Game and Watches hand does not clip through Wario's portrait(It's been mentioned before) and anything else that is questionable could be explained. The placement could be that every character isn't unclocked. As for the models, I don't really see anything wrong with them.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Oh, this roster is bad yes for the exclusion of Mewtwo and addition of Doc and DP [DHD is cool!], but there is one roster even worse...

Mario Kart 8.
Nah its just as bad as that. This sh** is real than I can thank Nintedo for saving me a lot of money.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
The thing about most of these new renders are is that it would take a lot of effort to change them to the point they are. Most of them are new poses, so its not a simple palette change and adding shadows.
Which is what people want. They probably spent days if not weeks on this leak, trying to troll us die-hards. But hey, it does look pretty convincing, and I'm torn on it.

D

Deleted member

Which is what people want. They probably spent days if not weeks on this leak, trying to troll us die-hards. But hey, it does look pretty convincing, and I'm torn on it.
Welcome to my life for the past couple hours whenever this surfaced. I've been conflicted on what I believe since then.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Shulk's model looks very pretty.

I just wanna brush his hair for him.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hmm...Shulk and Little Mac on the CSS have DEAD similar poses. Down to the last inch.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Game and Watches hand does not clip through Wario's portrait(It's been mentioned before) and anything else that is questionable could be explained. The placement could be that every character isn't unclocked. As for the models, I don't really see anything wrong with them.
Well I don't believe it. It's a very good fake IMO. I think it's best to always assume something is fake. If this was real I'd be VERY disappointed, which is part of the reason I don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom