• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well this is a pretty decent fake. Decent enough to where I really don't want to believe it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that I have a car I decided I don't want to go anywhere because gas is too expensive

I think I'll take the bus

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
OK guys. MAYBE it's time to get those bodies ready. These have been cropping up at NeoGAF. Let's get one thing straight: THESE COULD STILL BE FAKE. This could all be a very elaborate prank yet. BUT... just in case it really is real, I'll put these in a spoiler tag.

The Dr. Mario slot used this:

Greninja and Dedede's colors are wrong and no names under the fighters.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
It is no secret that Bowser Jr. is my least favorite character and I vehemently opposed his inclusion. However, if the leak is real, that render has convinced me otherwise. He is beautiful! Same goes for Shulk.
Now that I'm looking at the render closely, his arm and head look off to me. Now that I'm closely looking at this entire picture, lots of things look off.

I don't believe anymore.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Yeah, I'm calling fake. There are way too many inconsistencies with what we've already seen, some of the portraits look off, and some of character choices are stupid.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Haven't seen this talked about yet: Anyone know what the "esrb0083" is on Bowser's player select? I think this is fake regardless, but I'm confused what significance that has. Did the faker put it there just to make it seem different, or is it some industry standard thing?

Soul.

It's really pointless to take out the Ice Climbers when the Polar Bear from Ice Climber appears in Smash Run.
The Ice Climbers are coming back, don't worry, users. Same goes to those who want Wolf and Lucas in the games, too.
Even if the leak is fake, Yoshi's Island (Brawl) being there makes sense, lol.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

I hate to say it, but there are subtle differences between the two models. This isn't the first time Sakurai has used existing artwork for a model (see Palutena and Lucina).

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The UI is super inconsistent in the new leak pictures.
I'm leaning on fake. Best fake ever.

D

Deleted member

That is not the same Dr. Mario, The one in the leak is angled in a way where you can see part of the other ear, and his eye brows look a little more angry.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The one thing that really convinces me that it's possibly real is the fact that it has ERSB in the name and the ERSB people have full access to the game and its contents to create the rating.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meanwhile, those images are being torn apart by the guys at /v/.

And by torn apart, I mean everyone is labeling it as fake and ****ting on it.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'll cry if this leak was real. No Mewtwo, but Dart Pit and Dr. Mario?

[Duck Hunt dog is cool though. But ugh...]

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm calling fake. There are way too many inconsistencies with what we've already seen, some of the portraits look off, and some of character choices are stupid.
The character choices mean nothing, especially when talking about Sakurai. The roster might not be fully unlocked so the positioning may change. Also, what's wrong with the portraits?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Can I also just mention that Ganondorf looks like he was ripped right out of an SSE cutscene?

Not to mention, the use of shadows and dingier colors doesn't follow the art style everybody else has.

Lolzormatic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lolzormatic
3DS FC
3909-7512-5969

In the Doctor Mario pic on the roster, his head is tilted to the right a bit more, his stethoscope is in the middle of his chest, and he is frowning. They just reused the pose.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still thinking there are 5 more spots on this roster that are not shown here. It doesn't look right not being a square.

D

Deleted member

That is not the same Dr. Mario, The one in the leak is angled in a way where you can see part of the other ear, and his eye brows look a little more angry.
I agree, it's a different artwork. I've seen both and they do not look alike. Some Smash Bros. character artworks tend to be based on other artworks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here is my thoughts on the leaked roster

Well I'm glad ROB is back

But I'm not too happy with Dark Pit and Bowser Jr

DHD I could get behind

But Dr. Mario and no Metwo kind of sucks

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I'm still thinking there are 5 more spots on this roster that are not shown here. It doesn't look right not being a square.
It may be possible that review copies have the full roster unlocked.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
The one thing that really convinces me that it's possibly real is the fact that it has ERSB in the name and the ERSB people have full access to the game and its contents to create the rating.
No they don't. This is from the ESRB website FAQ:

Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 8.39.53 PM.png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh could the Bowser Jr with Koopa kid alts be real?

Was DHD on that rumor?

Or was it already proven fake?

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Can I also just mention that Ganondorf looks like he was ripped right out of an SSE cutscene?

Not to mention, the use of shadows and dingier colors doesn't follow the art style everybody else has.
It is an odd art style... It looks out of place compared to everything else...

I'm on the fence about this one. We'll have to wait for Japan's release and unlock the full roster. It definitely looks like there's more characters to unlock though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom