• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I think this is real. I also don't think it's complete. A game like Smash Brothers has so many secrets, we still don't know everything about Smash 64, this guy is probably just trying different things and has gotten lucky a few times. I doubt we'll know eveything at release, either.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
This leak... I don't know. The only newcomer I like we haven't gotten yet that I like is Shulk.

Still, I can't help but question a few things:

Why aren't characters like Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario next to their series, is it because they're clones?
Also, I could've sworn I saw that pic of Falco before.
And 7, SEVEN Mario characters. At least bring back Mewtwo is you're gonna add in Dr. Mario!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Dr. Mario has his own slot again and Mewtwo doesn't return so many people are gonna be pissed.

Including yours truly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I honestly don't know.
On one hand, I want it to be real (Duck Hunt; Dr. Mario; etc.).
But on the other hand I don't (lack of Ice Climbers; etc.).
I need a moment...

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Eh, Mewtwo would be a good incentive to buy DLC. Maybe that's what they're holding out for.

D

Deleted member

Leak discussion?

Considering the game is going to go gold soon, I shouldn't be surprised, but take it with the tiniest grain of salt imaginable.
Also Wario, G&W, and Ganondorf look wrong, and so does R.O.B for that matter.

D

Deleted member

Eh, call me skeptical, but I think this might be fake. The first screenshot should have the "Press Start" banner on it right? On the bottom screen already had four characters picked for a match. Ganondorf and Wario look off too, almost like they were tweaked from their Brawl models.

That Ness, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt Dog renders do look pretty good though.
Actually, Kirby isn't selected, in this game, the hand hovers with its index finger out when holding the button before a character is selected, which would explain why the "Ready to Fight!" banner isn't there.

Example:

Go to a few seconds before 1:00 and you'll see the hand animation I'm referring to before Nate Bildorf (the Treehouse rep playing) selects Yoshi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Dr. Mario has his own slot again and Mewtwo doesn't return so many people are gonna be pissed.

Including yours truly.
I don't think I'd be that mad. Oh, you meant you?

Anyway, if we somehow do have Dr.Mario in this game, I'd like to think he'll have some different moves from Mario. It just seems strange that Doc wouldn't be next to all the other Mario characters, instead Game and Watch is.

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Too many of your are info hungry. This "leak" is clearly fake. The characters' names are missing, the start battle is missing, and too many characters are not with their respective series.

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
The roster was looking good until this stuff showed up...I mean really? Bowser Jr.? Dr Mario AGAIN? How many pointless Mario characters do we need? Ugh...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, this is Palutena leak 2.0. Another very convincing leak that no one can find an obvious flaw and deem it fake.

This is going to be a wild ride until the release.

By the way, I don't like the stage selection that much. Some series only get past stages? Weird, but I guess I can't say it's impossible.

And I've got to go now. Have fun.

D

Deleted member

Too many of your are info hungry. This "leak" is clearly fake. The characters' names are missing, the start battle is missing, and too many characters are not with their respective series.
Do you really want the names on what would be a 54 slot roster? imagine those on the 3ds or 2ds screen. And it was already pointed out that the selector on top of kirby is still being held above him and he's not selected.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well, this is Palutena leak 2.0. Another very convincing leak that no one can find an obvious flaw and deem it fake.

By the way, I don't like the stage selection that much. Some series only get past stages? Weird, but I guess I can't say it's impossible.

Well, ignoring THE REALLY ****ING OBVIOUS INCONSISTENCIES, these details can be easily determined by varies factors. Basic examples are a character or stage appearing that don't appear on the pictures, or a character is confirmed with vastly different artwork

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's probably no names on the CSS to make it easy for the player to pick a character, considering that the 3DS has small screens. Correct me if wrong.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm so conflicted:cry: On one hand Duck Hunt dog and Dr.Mario are stupid additions, considering customizable characters can take care of the latter but Duck Hunt dog?
MOTHER****ING DUCK HUNT DOG OVER ANY OTHER SENSIBLE CHARACTER?!
But then there is Shulk.
Leak used Allure!
Hunjarerate is confused!:eek:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's probably no names on the CSS to make it easy for the player to pick a character, considering that the 3DS has small screens. Correct me if wrong.
I've said this a couple times now. The roster would have 54 slots, imagine the size of the text.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Including yours truly.
I'm gonna commit genocide, blow up a planet, destroy the universe, rebuild the universe and destroy it again, and follow it up by committing seppuku if Mewtwo is disconfirmed and Doctor Mario is in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I don't want to live in a world where the Ice Climbers are gone and Dr. Mario is back... I could handle Lucas and Wolf being gone but having the Ice Climbers out would just about ruin the game for me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Aren't stages unlockable too? Some people are speculating that this isn't the full roster yet. So the same could be said for stages.

Still, I'm going to remain skeptical and not get my hopes up.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm so conflicted:cry: On one hand Duck Hunt dog and Dr.Mario are stupid additions, considering customizable characters can take care of the latter but Duck Hunt dog?
MOTHER****ING DUCK HUNT DOG OVER ANY OTHER SENSIBLE CHARACTER?!
But then there is Shulk.
Leak used Allure!
Hunjarerate is confused!:eek:
At least we get Dark Pit, correct? He is certainly more deserving than Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog! :4pit:

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I'm sad that Wolf's been cut. But at least he's been replaced by another canine?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
At least we get Dark Pit, correct? He is certainly more deserving than Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog! :4pit:
Morbid pls. I can see Dark Pit having a moveset totally unclonelike by using various weapons from Uprising, which actually sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't want to live in a world where the Ice Climbers are gone and Dr. Mario is back... I could handle Lucas and Wolf being gone but having the Ice Climbers out would just about ruin the game for me.
Still room for 5 more characters if this is the final size, keep your spirits up! I know I will.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Do you really want the names on what would be a 54 slot roster? imagine those on the 3ds or 2ds screen. And it was already pointed out that the selector on top of kirby is still being held above him and he's not selected.
They had it in the demos so they must want it implemented also that still does not explain the lack of the start match banner

D

Deleted member

Looks disorganized (why are some characters not grouped with others from their franchise?), some art looks off, and here is the leak spliced over the E3 screen.
On a side note you guys need to calm the hell down, one leak that probably isn't even real and it's the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They had it in the demos so they must want it implemented also that still does not explain the lack of the start match banner
There is a video on the previous page showing what the hands holding the selectors look like before the start banner appears, watch it. I can't explain it better than you seeing it. It's the treehouse video.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
About 9 of the stages on that stage screen are past stages.

Considering Brawl put those on a separate page, plus that would mean they're probably the only stages for DK, StarFox, and Metroid, plus unless that pink stage is a Kirby stage, Kirby doesn't have a new stage at all, I find that hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom