• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
The Dr. Mario slot used this:

Greninja and Dedede's colors are wrong and no names under the fighters.
Hold the phone, Parade Drowner.

test.png

They are very clearly different. The Dr. Mario you provided is smiling, head tilted down, head metal thing different, different heart listerner or whatever, untucked tie, in the leaked version the heart thing is on a necklace but it wraps around his shoulder in the other picture. Also, more pronounced buttons in leak and different shades of color.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Also, no HW Ganondorf and no fan favorites like K Rool, Ridley, or Mewtwo.

It's like he is trying to piss us off. lol.

Hoping its fake.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
I'm going with my gut feeling that the Dr. Mario render was photoshop'd a bit.

Hold the phone, Parade Drowner.

View attachment 22196
They are very clearly different. The Dr. Mario you provided is smiling, head tilted down, head metal thing different, different heart listerner or whatever, untucked tie, in the leaked version the heart thing is on a necklace but it wraps around his shoulder in the other picture. Also, more pronounced buttons in leak and different shades of color.
like this for example.

Someone can easily photoshop this.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
The character choices mean nothing, especially when talking about Sakurai. The roster might not be fully unlocked so the positioning may change. Also, what's wrong with the portraits?
Pretty much what TheFirstPoppyBro said:
Can I also just mention that Ganondorf looks like he was ripped right out of an SSE cutscene?

Not to mention, the use of shadows and dingier colors doesn't follow the art style everybody else has.
Also, while yes, the weird characters could just be Sakurai being Sakurai again, I seriously doubt Ice Climbers are cut or even unlockable.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Duck Hunt Dog wouldn't even be upsetting. That would actually be a cool addition but Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would be garbage, especially since the picture strongly implies that both of them would be minimal effort clones like Lucina. At least Lucina is an entirely different character from Marth. I'm definitely going to be "that guy" and say that I would take Gematsu over this.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The one thing that really convinces me that it's possibly real is the fact that it has ERSB in the name and the ERSB people have full access to the game and its contents to create the rating.
I'm saying fake.
Some of the models look legit, but some look directly ripped from other sources, like Wario, Ganondorf and Falco.

And Shulk looks.....off.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The thing that just screams fake is that most of the characters are just out of place, that and we've got some pretty obvious characters who are in the game, but weren't leaked.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Duck Hunt Dog wouldn't even be upsetting. That would actually be a cool addition but Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would be garbage, especially since the picture strongly implies that both of them would be minimal effort clones like Lucina. At least Lucina is an entirely different character from Marth. I'm definitely going to be "that guy" and say that I would take Gematsu over this.
I fully agree. Every word.

D

Deleted member

I'm going with my gut feeling that the Dr. Mario render was photoshop'd a bit.

like this for example.

Someone can easily photoshop this.
Considering I use photoshop pretty regularly for drawing and other projects, it takes a lot more than a little photoshop to basically recreate a render. And based on the differences it took a lot of photoshop to make that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm thinking it's real

Unless someone can find those renders

I think this is a Greninja situation where people didn't believe it until his reveal

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If that picture is legit, they still should be selectable on that character select screen for each of the three styles.

Unless there is a wonky way you select them.

Soul.

We have 24 days left. I'd rather wait until the Japanese release or early September to see the character roster.
Leaks are just giving us an idea of what would the full roster be like.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Yeah, I'm passing this off as fake. There are too many problems and good looking renders don't save it. Any good artist can make something that looks even partially legitimate:
REMEMBER: ALL LEAKS ARE GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. AND THEY ARE ONLY PROVEN INNOCENT ON THE RELEASE OF THE GAME.

D

Deleted member

But where would you select them on this screen is the question.
What if they aren't on the same selection screen? Maybe they have a separate redirect since they have much more customization that other characters.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
With the close up pic of Diddy, Ness and Duck Hunt on the bottom of the screen...why do they have "Lv. 8, Lv.5, etc." Their portraits are in blue, yellow and green, corresponding with the player colors and saying "P2, P3 and P4." In past Smash games, no matter which slot, the CPU would always be grey and wouldn't have "P2, etc." it would say CPU. Which is indicated with the screensho with Bowser, Jr, Pikachu and Kirby. So, if this is real, then these are actual players playing with levels? Or did whoever make this screw up?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I will however admit that the roster would be perfect in the sense that I get Shulk, and those scum speculators pay their dues for putting me down. Also tormenting my friends with Dark Pit, because evil. Though at the same time, it would raise a few questions as to how exactly these characters were chosen and why others weren't.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
If that picture is legit, they still should be selectable on that character select screen for each of the three styles.

Unless there is a wonky way you select them.
Which is something that wouldn't make much sense. I don't see people going out of their way to select Mii Fighters when they aren't even on the character select screen.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, I'm passing this off as fake. There are too many problems and good looking renders don't save it. Any good artist can make something that looks even partially legitimate:
REMEMBER: ALL LEAKS ARE GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. AND THEY ARE ONLY PROVEN INNOCENT ON THE RELEASE OF THE GAME.
You know, I never really knew what exactly Klonoa was.
Is he like some rabbit thing?

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, at least this thing has a fairly short time limit. We just have to wait until one of the characters on there are (dis)confirmed.
...Assuming we get another before release, of course.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This feels to me like the kind of roster they would use

Shulk looks kind of off to me though

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
Why would these pics only be released today? The ESRB rating has been up for a few weeks now. Why would they still have access to the game?

D

Deleted member

With the close up pic of Diddy, Ness and Duck Hunt on the bottom of the screen...why do they have "Lv. 8, Lv.5, etc." Their portraits are in blue, yellow and green, corresponding with the player colors and saying "P2, P3 and P4." In past Smash games, no matter which slot, the CPU would always be grey and wouldn't have "P2, etc." it would say CPU. Which is indicated with the screensho with Bowser, Jr, Pikachu and Kirby. So, if this is real, then these are actual players playing with levels? Or did whoever make this screw up?
It's either a screw up or I was thinking it could have something to do with custom movesets and other customization.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Customization is turned off in the pics. That could explain it.
If that were the case then they would just turn into generic Mii's. Not completely removing them from the select screen. The Mii's have their own slot. Removing it makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom