• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm calling a fake on it mostly because of the Wario render, and the whole thing about Mr. G&W's hand poking through to Wario's pic.

Also, do we know where this leak was originally posted at yet? If it's a 4Chan leak then it might become a bit of smaller concern.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm curious about the absence of the Chorus Boys/Marshall/ Rhythm Heaven character. I mean didn't we Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run?

Excluding SSE enemies don't we have enemies from games that have playable characters??
Well, there is 5 possible blank spots (though Mii Fighters might affect that).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm curious about the absence of the Chorus Boys/Marshall/ Rhythm Heaven character. I mean didn't we Sneaky Spirits in Smash Run?

Excluding SSE enemies don't we have enemies from games that have playable characters??
Not to mention the Polar Bear, but I think what @ Frostwraith Frostwraith posted should be able to put this down.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If a character not in that roster is revealed, don't count the leak as fake. That roster looks a lot like you could stuff a few more characters into it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Just cause they have enemies in smash run doesnt necessarily mean they have playable reps.

D

Deleted member

I'm leaning towards fake now, but is it possible this person got some legit character renders and just tried to make the selection screen on their own? Some of these renders look really good and I haven't seen poses for them before, like Ness, DHD and even Falco has a pose I haven't seen.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Why would you cut Wolf then add another clonish character? Seems counter-productive, if you ask me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not to mention the Polar Bear, but I think what @ Frostwraith Frostwraith posted should be able to put this down.
Actually, scratch what I've said about G&W's hand. It's just a trick of the lighting caused by Wario's shoulder in the render.

The roster has space for 5 more characters. And Sakurai stated Miis are accessed differently from the other characters, so scratch them out of the main roster.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
EVERYONE, STOP THE PARADE DROWNING WITH THE HAND.

test.png

Look at that. G & W's outlined arm stops at the selection box and Wario's vest starts on the other side. You can tell this because Wario's vest isn't outlined in grey.

Edit - Ninja'd. But close up on banshee Wario's face.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Actually, scratch what I've said about G&W's hand. It's just a trick of the lighting caused by Wario's shoulder in the render.

The roster has space for 5 more characters. And Sakurai stated Miis are accessed differently from the other characters, so scratch them out of the main roster.
Ideally, the next five would be Wolf, Lucas, Ice Climbers, DK newcomer, and Ridley. And those could be possible.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
No names on the CSS, odd spacing between characters of the same series, no space between top and bottom screen, Mario is slightly further away from the characters than others. I'm calling this fake.

D

Deleted member

EVERYONE, STOP THE PARADE DROWNING WITH THE HAND.

View attachment 22179

Look at that. G & W's outlined arm stops at the selection box and Wario's vest starts on the other side. You can tell this because Wario's vest isn't outlined in grey.

Edit - Ninja'd. But close up on banshee Wario's face.
Thanks for posting the close up. It clearly shows the outline differences.

No names on the CSS, odd spacing between characters of the same series, no space between top and bottom screen, Mario is slightly further away from the characters than others. I'm calling this fake.
The roster would be 54 characters basing off of this, it would be very cramped, bad looking, and probably illegible to read names if they were there, especially on 3ds and 2ds screens

Last edited by a moderator:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just cause they have enemies in smash run doesnt necessarily mean they have playable reps.
It was a question, not a statement. The only characters that we have seen (as of right now) to break this is a Rhythm Heaven character & Ice Climbers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, damn. This adds a new dimension to the leak.

I noticed the top of the character selection screen has the wrench icon off. I wish we could see the if other screen had it on or off to see if players display levels with custom moves on.

Soul.

Dr. Mario would be anything but an alternate costume for Mario, that much has already been soft-confirmed.

However, even though Lucina shares her physical stats and techniques with Marth, the characteristics of their attacks differ. When two such similar characters function in an even slightly different manner, I give them a separate spot on the roster since that will affect battle records and whatnot. In that sense, you could say she was very lucky to join the fray!
Yes, that statement is true. I'm not into speculation, so I really don't know. What I know is that if a character has even the smallest differences, they could get a separate spot on the character roster.
That Dr. Mario artwork could be fake, though. If the leak is real, Yoshi's Island (Brawl) would be yet another legal stage, which is good.
I wonder what's that stage in the third row on the left.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Brb maining Duck Hunt Dog

Also, this leaker might not have unlocked all the characters yet. So many variables to consider. But it's very well made, if it's fake.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
OK guys. MAYBE it's time to get those bodies ready. These have been cropping up at NeoGAF. Let's get one thing straight: THESE COULD STILL BE FAKE. This could all be a very elaborate prank yet. BUT... just in case it really is real, I'll put these in a spoiler tag.

Holy cow is this real?! No Mewtwo, No Ridley, no K. Rool, No Dixie Kong. Shulk's a character, so that's good. But Dr. Mario has his own roster spot? As does Dark Pit?

I don't even know what to say, my jaw dropped down to the floor.

D

Deleted member

Damn. The only thing I can pick at for this is the grammar on the sentence and the bottom screen thing with the "?" at the end of the boxes... I'm running out of ammo.
And those question marks would presumably be there to signify the player having any questions since those buttons are presumably the "help" buttons for the menu options at the top screen.

Like this:
Player:
"Mii Fighters? What do I do with that?"

"Characters? What does that mean?"

Thus the buttons have ? on the end to sort of say "need help understanding [Insert Menu Option Here]?"

This is getting interesting, for sure.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Damn. The only thing I can pick at for this is the grammar on the sentence and the bottom screen thing with the "?" at the end of the boxes... I'm running out of ammo.
You said "I'm running out of ammo" and your profile pic character is holding a gun. I chuckled WAY harder than I should have

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Holy cow is this real?! No Mewtwo, No Ridley, no K. Rool, No Dixie Kong. Shulk's a character, so that's good. But Dr. Mario has his own roster spot? As does Dark Pit?

I don't even know what to say, my jaw dropped down to the floor.
Is this good or bad for you cause it could go either way.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Eh, call me skeptical, but I think this might be fake. The first screenshot should have the "Press Start" banner on it right? On the bottom screen already had four characters picked for a match. Ganondorf and Wario look off too, almost like they were tweaked from their Brawl models.

That Ness, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt Dog renders do look pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom