• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I probably should have gone with the zyuranger collection before Kamen Rider Ryuki

It's smaller and cheaper

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
After everything that just happened with Rayman, allow me to suggest a third party character that may not seem relevant, but if we HAD to have another third party rep, this would have to be it IMO.

Chrono.

He has more exclusives wth Nintendo than Rayman, and his games were legendar, and always associated with the SNES.

Realistically speaking, we probably won't get another third party character, and I'm more than happy with that. Even Snake is on thin ice after Kojima's comments (then again, he is Kojima).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After everything that just happened with Rayman, allow me to suggest a third party character that may not seem relevant, but if we HAD to have another third party rep, this would have to be it IMO.

Chrono.

He has more exclusives wth Nintendo than Rayman, and his games were legendar, and always associated with the SNES.

Realistically speaking, we probably won't get another third party character, and I'm more than happy with that. Even Snake is on thin ice after Kojima's comments (then again, he is Kojima).
I personally would want Simon Belmont

And have a Captain N skin for the Mii Gunner

pickle962

Smash Lord
Sailor moon got a remake. The episode introducing sailor mercury aired today
Moon...night is the opposite of day....Atari.....

OH MY GOD U GUYZ!!!!! The Mooninites are confirmed for Smash 4 as an assist trophy in which they waste your time talking about how superior moon culture is to Earth!

oh and do not forget! The innocent shall suffer!

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

Chrono.

I think you mean Crono? I'd rather it be Lucca since she has most screen time and active role in the series. Even then I'd rather it be Frog since I'm convinced I have a good moveset to work with him.

Actual spoiler alert about why Crono wouldn't exactly work

Regardless - In the flow of the series, Crono isn't even canonically confirmed to be alive past 1005 AD. I personally believe he is Miguel in the Dead Sea, having fled Guardia to El Nido during Dalton's takeover.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think you mean Crono? I'd rather it be Lucca since she has most screen time and active role in the series. Even then I'd rather it be Frog since I'm convinced I have a good moveset to work with him.

Actual spoiler alert about why Crono wouldn't exactly work

Regardless - In the flow of the series, Crono isn't even canonically confirmed to be alive past 1005 AD. I personally believe he is Miguel in the Dead Sea, having fled Guardia to El Nido during Dalton's takeover.
It doesn't matter since the characters in Smash are just trophies/representations of the characters.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
That really depends on whether or not you follow the Old Smash Testament. Not everyone believes the same thing that you do.
lol canon
In the Old Smash Testament, the characters are dolls. I don't know where people get off this heretical trophy crap.
They're still representations of the characters, though, as Platinum said. I think.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I thought Brawl established that Smash takes place in the World of Trophies, if not for all of Smash at least the SSE.
Then there's the fact that Melee's intro features a Mario trophy being thrown into battle.
It makes a lot more sense for the characters to be representations than it is to think about things like character scaling when you consider Olimar's and Kirby's actual sizes or that you can have Mario fight Dr. Mario and Samus fight ZSS when they are the same entity.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I thought Brawl established that Smash takes place in the World of Trophies, if not for all of Smash at least the SSE.
Then there's the fact that Melee's intro features a Mario trophy being thrown into battle.
It makes a lot more sense for the characters to be representations than it is to think about things like character scaling when you consider Olimar's and Kirby's actual sizes.
So Zombie Crono?

Also, I just made a greeting thread in the Welcome Center.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Finally got around to playing Cave Story... awesome game.

Question for the night:

Now that we're close to the game's release... If Sakurai called you up and said: _ _ _ _ _, we're thinking of adding 8 more characters and 8 more stages, but it'll delay the game for another year. The decision is yours.

What would you say?

Hong

The Strongest

Question for the night:

Now that we're close to the game's release... If Sakurai called you up and said: _ _ _ _ _, we're thinking of adding 8 more characters and 8 more stages, but it'll delay the game for another year. The decision is yours.

What would you say?
I'd vouch to give the game another year of development, only without the additional characters.

Also Cave Story is awesome. Good pick.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Question for the night:
What would you say?
I would say add the eight additional characters as DLC and not delay the game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Question for the night:

What would you say?
No. There is DLC. :troll:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
It all depends on who the 8 characters are.

If they were Ridley, K.rool, Mewtwo, Ghirahim, Bandana Dee, Toad, Ray man, and Impa then I'd rather the game release on time :troll:

If it were Dixie, Mona, Isaac, Toon Zelda, Krystal, Baby Daisy, Pichu, and Dark Pit. I would delay the game for a year.

D

Deleted member

Question for the night:

What would you say?
Add the character/stages as free DLC, as this implies they would be on the disc. Thus, charging for them would be stupid. I would also say that I am not qualified to make suggestions for characters, because I'd just pick a ton of stupid/biased choices, though I would bring up Shulk if he wasn't already playable.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
"I AM 100% MAN. AND THIS MAN HAS SOMETHING TO SAY TO yoooooooooooooooooooo. *blows raspberry* There. I think I've made my point."

as usual, reference = cookie.
I am TOTALLY late to this, but in the name of cookies:

That is a Spongebob the Movie reference. Many people would also say something like that to their boss after getting drunk at an ice cream bar overnight and waking up all hung over and unshaven and stroll off to work and bad mouth their boss and give him a raspberry.

The very fact that I can talk about drunken hangovers and Spongebob in the same sentence is kinda neat in a way. But this was also the movie that had Spongebob and Patrick walk into a biker bar in hopes of getting their key back and just narrowly avoiding getting beaten up in a bar fight.

Bar fights, getting drunk on ice cream, rock and roll singing wizard, riding on top of David Hasselhoff, a hitman, said hitman stabbing David Hasselhoff in the butt with a knife, a song of MANLINESS, pirates crying aloud in a movie theater, an incredibly obnoxious "cyclops", and a butt naked Patrick riding a parachute while stuffing a flag between his butt cheeks.

What more could you possibly ask for?

Last edited:

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Ok, he replied to me about the Nintendo Direct July 22, and he said
"It was posted on Nintendo's official Twitter. I've also heard that it was on Facebook, too. But then it was removed on both sites. I managed to post the image on this thread. However, I have no idea why Nintendo removed it from their social media pages. I know I'm not the only one who saw this on the official Nintendo social media pages, so this isn't something that's a fake. But there is definitely something very fishy about all of this."
So yea, it's real.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am TOTALLY late to this, but in the name of cookies:

That is a Spongebob the Movie reference. Many people would also say something like that to their boss after getting drunk at an ice cream bar overnight and waking up all hung over and unshaven and stroll off to work and bad mouth their boss and give him a raspberry.

The very fact that I can talk about drunken hangovers and Spongebob in the same sentence is kinda neat in a way. But this was also the movie that had Spongebob and Patrick walk into a biker bar in hopes of getting their key back and just narrowly avoiding getting beaten up in a bar fight.

Bar fights, getting drunk on ice cream, rock and roll singing wizard, riding on top of David Hasselhoff, a hitman, said hitman stabbing David Hasselhoff in the butt with a knife, a song of MANLINESS, pirates crying aloud in a movie theater, an incredibly obnoxious "cyclops", and a butt naked Patrick riding a parachute while stuffing a flag between his butt cheeks.

What more could you possibly ask for?
Normally I don't question cartoon logic, but how does one get drunk from eating ice cream?

oh yeah, here's your cookie:
http://media2.onsugar.com/files/201...06271395701954/i/Milk-Cookie-Shots-Recipe.jpg

Ok, he replied to me about the Nintendo Direct July 22, and he said So yea, it's real.
A wise soul once said; "Pics or it didn't Happen."

Last edited by a moderator:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Yeah that has been floating around for a while. Many people suggested it could be an arcade version of the game similar to Mario Kart DX.
As long as it isn't another MarioxPacMan crossover. Can you imagine a Smash-game with Pac-Man in it? I bet fifty bucks it would suck.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah that has been floating around for a while. Many people suggested it could be an arcade version of the game similar to Mario Kart DX.
Could be interesting if they do this. Question will it have any content eg characters, stages etc added exclusively within the arcade version?

Another thing, didn't Sakurai stated that the 3DS and Wii U versions are SSB4 and 5?

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
As long as it isn't another MarioxPacMan crossover. Can you imagine a Smash-game with Pac-Man in it? I bet fifty bucks it would suck.
Well seeing how Namco is his taking control of this project, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a bit more Namco love.
Could be interesting if they do this. Question will it have any content eg characters, stages etc added exclusively within the arcade version?

Another thing, didn't Sakurai stated that the 3DS and Wii U versions are SSB4 and 5?
If they do add any characters it might be DLC.

Also that is just an article error other articles have said it is Smash 6
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133561-Report-Smash-Bros-6-Already-Being-Prepped-For-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom