• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
After reading title after title of "Well at least he/she/it has a chance for Smash 5", I really hope for DLC to be supported in smash. It just seems so unnecessary unless the next big thing in console hardware arrives (and hopefully not just another type of controller.) The Wii U has everything it really needs to be "the Nintendo console" for along time to come. I just cant see it getting anymore HD and socially connected than what it is now. For these reasons I see Smash 4 being the platform for all future Smash bros content. (and Mario Kart 8 for that matter) As long as the game plays like Melee so the pros don't feel disappointed, I don't see no need for Smash 5 unless for new marketing reasons. And with the new Amiibos creating unlimited crossover possibility's, I hope Smash 4 is here to stay. (And no, im not just a cheap gamer, trust me. Heck, I banked in on every Disney Infinity figure, power disc, and playset there is to buy lol)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'm going to replay wind waker, but in HD

and see if it lives up to the hype

Prediction: It's alright at best
Using the art style that Wind Waker had wasn't a stupid decision.

Using bloom and realistic lighting effects over the art style that Wind Waker had was, however, a stupid decision.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
For these reasons I see Smash 4 being the platform for all future Smash bros content. (and Mario Kart 8 for that matter) As long as the game plays like Melee so the pros don't feel disappointed,
From what I've seen, the game doesn't even play like Melee. Melee is more than just about characters running and falling faster.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
From what I've seen, the game doesn't even play like Melee. Melee is than just about characters running and falling faster.
Yeah, for sure. Melee fans are just the most vocal about Smash Brothers, and im sure their post plenty of concerns once our new game arrives. Ugh :mad088:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And I'm sure even with all the polishing and game balance when the game releases, someone is bound to complain.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
And I'm sure even with all the polishing and game balance when the game releases, someone is bound to complain.
That's just how life works. You could create the best game in the world yet there will always be one person who is not happy.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That's just how life works. You could create the best game in the world yet there will always be one person who is not happy.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
Bill Cosby

pickle962

Smash Lord
I think most of us Melee diehards are just concerned about smash 4 having a good chunk of fluidity as well as being fast enough to where it CAN'T be called "Brawl 2.0" or a retread of Brawl. So far, it definitely feels faster than Brawl. Just reduce landing lag all across the board and tune up a few other things and 4 should have no probs on the competitive scene even from the Melee crowd.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's unavoidable. You can't please everyone.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is Ghost Dad."
---
What Bill Cosby should have said
You could say it made his movie career a ghost. Get it?

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

R0Y

Smash Master
MGS4 not being on the Wii begs to differ.

Not really... The Twin Snakes was 2 years old when Snake was announced for Brawl at E3 2006. MGSV skipping Wii U when it's coming out on the similarly powered PS3 and Xbox 360 is more of a slight than a game that was over 40 GB (couldn't even be ported to 360) and designed around the complex PS3 alone in MGS IV.

He was an odd choice before but he really doesn't belong, coming from a die-hard Metal Gear fan.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not really... The Twin Snakes was 2 years old when Snake was announced for Brawl at E3 2006. MGSV skipping Wii U when it's coming out on the similarly powered PS3 and Xbox 360 is more of a slight than a game that was over 40 GB (couldn't even be ported to 360) and designed around the complex PS3 alone in MGS IV.

He was an odd choice before but he really doesn't belong, coming from a die-hard Metal Gear fan.
If we're mentioning MGS remakes on Nintendo systems, you could talk about Snake Eater 3D. Which was an early 3DS title.

If Snake is in, he's in. If not, then that kind of sucks, but he is a third party character. None of them are shoe-ins.
As unfortunate as it is.

Does sailor moon say "Henshin" when she transforms?
Probably not. Which is why Viewtiful Joe will always be one of the best.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
I'm trying to wait as long as possible before playing WWHD. I've played the GC version so many times I'm waiting with the hope it feels fresh.
Speaking of that, I have completed the pictograph figurine side quest on the original version of Wind Waker all during the first quest! Oh and I did that "tingle turner" thing where you get all five statues and bring Knuckle into the game (which is needed for not only the figurine side quest, but also for 100% which I can honestly say I have on my file I have saved on WW)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Considering Brawl had MGS4 content before the game was even out, I don't think it matters that much.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what you guys think

Zolda

Or Abyss

next?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Abyss isn't a real Ryuki Rider

He's actually an undead from Kamen Rider Blade's world that has the form of a Kamen Rider in Decade that was posing as some journalist chief.

But his contract monsters are from Ryuki, and his rider costume is awesome so that's good enough for me to add him to my Ryuki collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom