• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I'm actually getting kinda worried about Jigglypuff. The fact the she has competition from both Mewtwo and Sceptile, and was apparently low priority in Brawl, worries me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm actually getting kinda worried about Jigglypuff. The fact the she has competition from both Mewtwo and Sceptile, and was apparently low priority in Brawl, worries me.
The "low priority" argument is fallacious as Smash 4 is not Brawl, therefore the priority list is not stagnant. Toon Link thoroughly proved this notion about a year ago when he was announced as a front-running veteran. Secondly, we as speculator's fail to comprehend why she was "low" on the priority list. Until Sakurai asserts the reason, it is anyone's guess. She was not intended to be removed as some erroneously presume. She was just on the lower end of the priority list. It may have been due to her inherently easy to develop nature, it may have been because she was expendable. Regardless, she did appear in Super Smash Brothers Brawl and therefore she has just as much merit in regards to relevance as Captain Falcon or Ness.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I just can't get over the fact that there are anime characters in it.
Don't get me wrong, I respect them for making Smash Flash in the first place. I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort and that's something I will not attempt to downplay, but...
It's just...ugh.
Yes, I know it's a fan game. That's the point of it, so I really shouldn't get bent out of shape, but, ugh. I feel as though it shouldn't even be called "Super Smash" anything if it's going to have anime characters.
Am I just irrational and bitter? I'm not the only one that dislikes the anime characters despite it being a fan-made game, right?

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Don't get me wrong, I respect them for making Smash Flash in the first place. I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort and that's something I will not attempt to downplay, but...
It's just...ugh.
Yes, I know it's a fan game. That's the point of it, so I really shouldn't get bent out of shape, but, ugh. I feel as though it shouldn't even be called "Super Smash" anything if it's going to have anime characters.
Am I just irrational and bitter? I'm not the only one that dislikes the anime characters despite it being a fan-made game, right?
Smash has anime characters, so I am not sure why the fan-made variation is forced to exclude them. It is not necessarily irrational to have a subjective opinion, however. You are entitled to feel that way.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's just...ugh.
You're just being bitter, I think you should really learn to grasp that it's a fan game and that any third-party newcomer is possible, don't go to Smash 4 logic for this game, just accept it for what it is, that's what I did. :p
Also if we get a newcomer trailer for the direct, who do you think it will be?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not the only one that dislikes the anime characters despite it being a fan-made game, right?
You're not the only one, but IMO, anime>donut steel Sonics with swords. At least the donut steels were axe'd. I'm fine with them because I can have fun using them. Ichigo has that projectile that when spammed has him yell obnoxiously over and over, Naruto has that clone toss move and his throws animate kind of cool, and Goku has that yelling taunt. "HYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"
I just wish Homura was playable over Naruto. CLEARLY she has closer ties to Smash with SHAFT animating Palutena's trailer. (sarcasm)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The "low priority" argument is fallacious as Smash 4 is not Brawl, therefore the priority list is not stagnant. Toon Link thoroughly proved this notion about a year ago when he was announced as a front-running veteran. Secondly, we as speculator's fail to comprehend why she was "low" on the priority list. Until Sakurai asserts the reason, it is anyone's guess. She was not intended to be removed as some erroneously presume. She was just on the lower end of the priority list. It may have been due to her inherently easy to develop nature, it may have been because she was expendable. Regardless, she did appear in Super Smash Brothers Brawl and therefore she has just as much merit in regards to relevance as Captain Falcon or Ness.
There have been something like 9 different Pokemon in Smash Bros. already, I don't know why people think there won't be at least seven in Smash 4 with Jigglypuff among them.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Smash has anime characters, so I am not sure why the fan-made variation is forced to exclude them. It is not necessarily irrational to have a subjective opinion, however. You are entitled to feel that way.
Oh you.

Characters that originated from a manga/anime. :p

You're just being bitter, I think you should really learn to grasp that it's a fan game and that any third-party newcomer is possible, don't go to Smash 4 logic for this game, just accept it for what it is, that's what I did. :p
Also if we get a newcomer trailer for the direct, who do you think it will be?
It's not that I'm applying Smash 4 logic, it's just it goes against my idea of what Smash Bros. is, is all.
It's general Smash Bros. logic. "Logic" might be kind of the wrong word though.
My "conception" of Smash Bros., if you will.
It's characters that originated from video games. It kind of goes against what I personally consider one of the basic foundations for Smash as a concept. Granted, I consider the basic gameplay mechanics to be more important, but that's up there!
But, yeah, it's incredibly arbitrary. That's why I just let it do it's own thing and don't really brood on it. After all, I don't play it, so it's not like it impacts me. And it's not like I dislike or lack respect for the people that make it or the people that play it.
It just makes feel a bit icky when I think about it. :p

And I'm not even going to try and predict when characters are going to be announced anymore...I'm-a just predict the characters in the final product.

Super Smash bros. vs. Jump Super Stars.

I'd buy the **** out of that game.
I would main Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo out sheer insanity. :awesome:

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
So my mom ******* at me just now for not brushing my teeth for a week (i had gone to a friends place last weekend and forgot until now to unpack the mini bag containing my toothbrush and toothpaste) and even said she wasn't taking me to the dentist anymore. (only been twice for anyone who cares and both trips were "recent") I honestly don't give a flying **** about brushing my teeth as A. that fluoride **** they got in most every toothpaste you can buy at your local Wal-Mart is actually BAD for your health (and NO, im not talking about ingesting it) and B. being the lazy son of a gun I am in general, that particular quality about me works out nice since I honestly cannot remember the last time I legit brushed my teeth. Thankfully, I've got strong teeth, I've just got to worry about plaque build up ehh **** that ****! I reckon so as long as I floss and run herbal water through my mouth every now and then, my teeth should still be in my gums by the time im 50! ;)

Morbi

Scavenger
So my mom *****ed at me just now for not brushing my teeth for a week (i had gone to a friends place last weekend and forgot until now to unpack the mini bag containing my toothbrush and toothpaste) and even said she wasn't taking me to the dentist anymore. (only been twice for anyone who cares and both trips were "recent") I honestly don't give a flying **** about brushing my teeth as A. that fluoride **** they got in most every toothpaste you can buy at your local Wal-Mart is actually BAD for your health (and NO, im not talking about ingesting it) and B. being the lazy son of a gun I am in general, that particular quality about me works out nice since I honestly cannot remember the last time I legit brushed my teeth. Thankfully, I've got strong teeth, I've just got to worry about plaque build up ehh **** that ****! I reckon so as long as I floss and run herbal water through my mouth every now and then, my teeth should still be in my gums by the time im 50! ;)
Once you get a girlfriend, you will feel differently.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Once you get a girlfriend, you will feel differently.
perhaps so, but for now? Zero ****s given amigo :p Again, I figure as long as I swish some herbal water in my mouth and do some hardcore flossing once every other whatever, plaque should still be at the bottom of things I give a damn about!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just want Sakurai to reveal one more character I could kick everyone's ass with that whiny babies are going to moan about being a joke character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom