• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Lasers aren't that effective against MK. He's small and fast with multiples jumps which allows him to weave through him. Jabs are the most important part of the MU.

Falco is one of the few characters that go almost even with MK actually. It is far from his worse MU. Does better then Diddy anyway. Falco's worse MU are the ICs, he gets murdered by them so bad.
I meant that Diddy Metaknight is Metaknights worst match up imo. I'm a little inexperienced playing against metaknights though. I think I've only played one MK main on Smashboards... well because there was only ever one in the arena lol. He always wanted me to go Diddy since I was the only Diddy main as well haha.

I didn't say remove his Melee shine, I said still have a way to kick out the shine. Falco works best when he's denying. I prefer the Forward Smash in Brawl because of its breadth even if the hitbox doesn't come out with Falco's hip kick. The Melee Smash can put them in laser height but I like the lower angle that Brawl had (if I recall correctly). You may be correct about the up tilt SDI since you'd want to do a few of them at lower percents and they'll be expecting it after the first one.

I don't have P:M online working. I've been using full set and I don't have a computer that can run it on Dolphin
Yea the hit box is a bit bigger isn't it?

The lasers can go pretty low if you get a silent laser. Those are pretty cool. I think the biggest factor in the laser height is fast falling it. You probably already know that. I'm kinda having a hard time understanding what you mean by height of the laser or the angle.

Heres a zip with P:M working online for the console if you wanted. It replaces the files. I think there are a couple of double files in there that need to be deleted in order for it to work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7glrd7kl3wl4ax/Project M Hackless Wifi.zip

This is the one I use.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't get why PM didn't pull a Ganondorf with Falco, and make his moves hit like they did in Melee, but animate similarly to how they did in Brawl. Is it because he was top tier? I believe there's a word for this that starts with an "L" and ends with an "AZY." What was it again?
Probably because Falco had some cool Brawl animations while the majority of Ganon's sucked.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I meant that Diddy Metaknight is Metaknights worst match up imo. I'm a little inexperienced playing against metaknights though. I think I've only played one MK main on Smashboards... well because there was only ever one in the arena lol. He always wanted me to go Diddy since I was the only Diddy main as well haha.
Nah. Diddy has a harder time against MK then Falco does, or even Olimar. Diddy is kinda like the inverse of them actually. Falco and Olimar do good against MK but get bopped by ICs whereas Diddy does good against ICs but does worse against MK (though not as bad as Falco and Olimar get bopped against ICs).

Brawl WiFi isn't the best thing to use either... to laggy, in which Banana's become substantially harder to deal with as a result.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Nah. Diddy has a harder time against MK then Falco does, or even Olimar. Diddy is kinda like the inverse of them actually. Falco and Olimar do good against MK but get bopped by ICs whereas Diddy does good against ICs but does worse against MK (though not as bad as Falco and Olimar get bopped against ICs).

Brawl WiFi isn't the best thing to use either... to laggy, in which Banana's become substantially harder to deal with as a result.
Yea WiFi is laggy as crap. Zelda is top tier in wifi because of that up smash :awesome:

It kills people that roll and once it hits them its too late to sdi.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lol. I've never played in a competitive setting myself.
In fact, I don't find myself offended by things in the game that aren't no-items-fox-only-final-destination

Guess I'm a casual too :troll:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Gah. I've posted this several times by now on this thread and the thread before it. Bleh.

Casual = people who don't keep up with games in any way and only have a few games here and there and there.

Gamer = someone who actively looks for games in store but doesn't really keep up with them and generally aren't as knowing of the more niche games.

Hardcore gamer = some who has a lot of games keeps up with them a lot and knows about many more niche games.

Competitive gamer = a gamer that attends tournaments for multiplayer games and does their absolute best to win and plays for money.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Gah. I've posted this several times by now on this thread and the thread before it. Bleh.

Casual = people who don't keep up with games in any way and only have a few games here and there and there.

Gamer = someone who actively looks for games in store but doesn't really keep up with them and generally aren't as knowing of the more niche games.

Hardcore gamer = some who has a lot of games keeps up with them a lot and knows about many more niche games.

Competitive gamer = a gamer that attends tournaments for multiplayer games and does their absolute best to win and plays for money.
I guess I'm a somewhat of a hardcore-looking-to-eventually-be-competitive gamer then.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wait so the special news was about a 3ds tournament? Well that's a bummer, I thought it'd be something cool.
Are you talking about the special surprises? The 3DS tourney was announced separate from that, I thought.

Finally got Mario Kart 8 and Wind Waker anyone care to race?
Buh. I'd go out and get a copy right now but I just packed my Wii U up.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Plot twist: The special surprise is Reggie, after the tournament, showing up and introducing himself as none other than Sal Romano. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Probably because Falco had some cool Brawl animations while the majority of Ganon's sucked.
That makes no sense. Falco had some cool Brawl animations so why didn't they retool them to hit similar to his Melee attacks? Ganondorf's down tilt and forward tilt hit like they do in Melee, but animate closer to Brawl. I'm questioning why they didn't make Falco's forward smash, for example animate like Brawl, but hit on the same frame with the same power as Melee. If they did it for Ganondorf, why not Falco?

Plot twist: The special surprise is Reggie, after the tournament, showing up and introducing himself as none other than Sal Romano. :troll:
No. The surprise is that Sal Romano is actually working on the game, and knows if his tipper's information is right/wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Fixed.
Sal is an actual guy who exists, his source for the "leak" is someone else.
Oh, I know he is.
Sal was paid royalties in order for Reggie to use his likeness.

Of course, Reggie's source would be Sakurai. It's one big ploy to screw with the community. Or gauge interest in characters. Either or.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That makes no sense. Falco had some cool Brawl animations so why didn't they retool them to hit similar to his Melee attacks? Ganondorf's down tilt and forward tilt hit like they do in Melee, but animate closer to Brawl. I'm questioning why they didn't make Falco's forward smash, for example animate like Brawl, but hit on the same frame with the same power as Melee. If they did it for Ganondorf, why not Falco?
If you do your research, you'll find that the entire reason PM even started in the first place was because Shadic wanted to make Melee Falco in Brawl and I kinda just took off from there. Doing what you said would kind of go against that. Plus, Melee F-Smash's hitbox is on the feet. Brawl's is on the arms/hands. Making it "just hit the same" isn't exactly how it works. It takes more work than that. Otherwise, you end up with really wonky results and a less than stellar moveset.

But if you still can't comprehend that, here's the short answer that applies to anything and everything in PM:

Because Melee.

Now stop whining.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Except for Ganondorf's tilts :troll:
Actually, that's also why F-Tilt has diagonal tilts now instead of only a single direction and why all the others, bar the new awesome U-Tilt, hit in a fashion that suits Melee styles gameplay more.

So, yeah, because Melee.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god

A VERSION OF THE COURTROOM STAGE WITH PLATFORMS!!

I can finally use the thing without getting pissed that it's a Final Destination clone!! instead it's an inverted battlefield, but that's not too much of an issue because I don't have this layout yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom