• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
A bit old, but still funny. Keep an eye on the SSB4 picture caption Thread to see whether you've already been beaten to it or not. ;)

Get it. It's gets hard later on, but still manages to be fun. The NES-esque feel of the game is great too. Which version are you getting?
I don't think I've ever looked on that thread but one time lol. My reposting powers are weak.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fan art I found and now I'm dumping here.

Hilarious.

Badass. Absolutely badass.

Also this (obviously fake) leak:

That roster wouldn't be bad for me. I wouldn't mind it at all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Hilarious.

I'm fine with that except for Dark Pit.

D

Deleted member

So long as a roster has Shulk, Mr. Game & Watch, Lucas, or Wario, I'd be fine with it :p

Well, I fainted at work today. Good job.

Last edited by a moderator:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

Hilarious.

I wouldn't mind that roster, if it weren't for the fact that we'd have 4 KI characters with 3 added in 1 game.
That isn't happening

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
My problem with any KI newcomers apart from Palutena is that they're all greek myths, not Nintendo IPs.

Medusa and Hades. The first versions of those that come to my head when I hear those names are not "Nintendo" or any Nintendo related games, but Disney Hercules and other Greek myths. And plus, Dark Pit. Really? There's a difference between "doing a Lucina" and having a clone character, but there would be LITERALLY no difference between Pit and Dark Pit (or Pitooey). Whereas Marth and Lucina are seperate characters in seperate games, Dark Pit is literally just Pit with an attitude problem.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm all for quirky and strange characters, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be able to play as an Excitebiker.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
My problem with any KI newcomers apart from Palutena is that they're all greek myths, not Nintendo IPs.

Medusa and Hades. The first versions of those that come to my head when I hear those names are not "Nintendo" or any Nintendo related games, but Disney Hercules and other Greek myths. And plus, Dark Pit. Really? There's a difference between "doing a Lucina" and having a clone character, but there would be LITERALLY no difference between Pit and Dark Pit (or Pitooey). Whereas Marth and Lucina are seperate characters in seperate games, Dark Pit is literally just Pit with an attitude problem.
Aw quit griping! Copyright laws didn't exist in the times of Ancient Greece.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

Actually yeah I like it less now.
Meh, the roster would be fine. With only Lucina and Dark Pit as last minute filler characters we got a great cast of characters here. Though K.Rool in but no Ridley is quite a oddball in the roster, screams fanmade to me.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Aw quit griping! Copyright laws didn't exist in the times of Ancient Greece.
Eh, I'm just being honest. I'm playing through KI:U at the moment and I love it to pieces (so much that I attempted to apply its control scheme to Killzone when I was playing it with a friend. Didn't turn out well.) but I really can't see Medusa or Hades in Smash, even though they are pretty awesome villains.

I'd be fine with Dark Pit staying as an alt for Pit, because isn't that where Sakurai got the idea for Dark Pit anyway?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm just hoping Lucas, Shulk, K Rool, Ridley, and Marshal are playable in the game.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Eh, I'm just being honest. I'm playing through KI:U at the moment and I love it to pieces (so much that I attempted to apply its control scheme to Killzone when I was playing it with a friend. Didn't turn out well.) but I really can't see Medusa or Hades in Smash, even though they are pretty awesome villains.
Find me one person who hasn't been waiting for the long-overdue Enkidu VS Tiamat dream Smash match.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator

What the hell actually counts as Nintendo in your eyes? Does being in a Nintendo game not make it Nintendo these days?

It blows my mind the reasons which people will scrounge for to take issue with something in Smash Bros. Yesterday it was "Yeah, they can't be in Smash if they weren't in a Nintendo game..." and today that no longer applies.

Also, Medusa and Hades aren't Greek myths, they were based on Greek myths. Just like Yoshi is based on a dinosaur, Koopa (Bowser) is based on Kappas, Donkey Kong is based on King Kong... Medusa and Hades are hardly anything like their Greek counterparts despite being fantastical.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Jontron got graped by TO Joe's Metaknight. It was down to the final stock against his Joes Pokemon Trainer.

Jontron with that:falco::falco::falco::falco:

Chat is spamming that Jon should've rolled. lol

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Jontron got graped by TO Joe's Metaknight. It was down to the final stock against his Joes Pokemon Trainer.

Jontron with that:falco::falco::falco::falco:

Chat is spamming that Jon should've rolled. lol
I picked up PM a few weeks ago and I really wish they had kept the Forward Smash, multihit up-tilt, and laser game that Falco had :[ I wish he still had a way to kick out his reflector. At least the Gatling Combo can still be done

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
UPRISING BUTCHERED MY FAVE GREEK GOD, HADES!! They made him the evil villain for like the 100th time in media.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE THEM!!!11

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I picked up PM a few weeks ago and I really wish they had kept the Forward Smash, multihit up-tilt, and laser game that Falco had :[ I wish he still had a way to kick out his reflector. At least the Gatling Combo can still be done
Boo. jk

That F-Smash has such a sucky sweet spot imo. The up tilt is kinda cool though though its possible to just SDI out. I don't think that those things would work. The laggy shine isn't really the best for that type of game either. Falco is still good but I don't think those moves work for P:M. Fox clone all the way. I mean I'm sure that they could've made it work but then I wouldn't have been able to pillar and junk. Its all about learning the combos. I'm assuming you're more of a Brawl player? I'm more of a Melee player but I've spent A LOT of time playing people online here. Do you have P:M online working?

If you're playing Falco and are going against MK then your priority should be to jab, jab, and jab some more.
I would go for staying away/ camping with lasers. Make him approach and punish it. MK is a hard match up. I'd go Diddy against an MK before anyone else. Its his worst match up imo.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I would go for staying away/ camping with lasers. Make him approach and punish it. MK is a hard match up. I'd go Diddy against an MK before anyone else. Its his worst match up imo.
Lasers aren't that effective against MK. He's small and fast with multiples jumps which allows him to weave through him. Jabs are the most important part of the MU.

Falco is one of the few characters that go almost even with MK actually. It is far from his worse MU. Does better then Diddy anyway. Falco's worse MU are the ICs, he gets murdered by them so bad.

D

Deleted member

I don't get why PM didn't pull a Ganondorf with Falco, and make his moves hit like they did in Melee, but animate similarly to how they did in Brawl. Is it because he was top tier? I believe there's a word for this that starts with an "L" and ends with an "AZY." What was it again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Boo.

That F-Smash has such a sucky sweet spot imo. The up tilt is kinda cool though though its possible to just SDI out. I don't think that those things would work. The laggy shine isn't really the best for that type of game either. Falco is still good but I don't think those moves work for P:M. Fox clone all the way. I mean I'm sure that they could've made it work but then I wouldn't have been able to pillar and junk. Its all about learning the combos. I'm assuming you're more of a Brawl player? I'm more of a Melee player but I've spent A LOT of time playing people online here. Do you have P:M online working?
I didn't say remove his Melee shine, I said still have a way to kick out the shine. Falco works best when he's denying. I prefer the Forward Smash in Brawl because of its breadth even if the hitbox doesn't come out with Falco's hip kick. The Melee Smash can put them in laser height but I like the lower angle that Brawl had (if I recall correctly). You may be correct about the up tilt SDI since you'd want to do a few of them at lower percents and they'll be expecting it after the first one.

I don't have P:M online working. I've been using full set and I don't have a computer that can run it on Dolphin

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom