• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Speaking of traditional fighters, I never could get into them. Not my cup of tea.
I THOUGHT YOU WERE COOLER, FROST.

That's what I'm doing, yeah. Playing on a keyboard is hard though. I just can't do the special attacks that way.
You poor soul. Playing on a keyboard is next to impossible (unless, y'know, you're some kinda Melty Blood player). At the very least you should get a controller of some kind for your PC! Do you have the means to order any?

Smooth Criminal

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You poor soul. Playing on a keyboard is next to impossible (unless, y'know, you're some kinda Melty Blood player). At the very least you should get a controller of some kind for your PC! Do you have the means to order any?

Smooth Criminal
I don't know, man, Gus is terrifying on keyboard. Like, so good, I don't WANT him to get a fight stick or controller.

I'd be completely outclassed. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Smooth Criminal
I have one with a layout similar to a PS2 controller, though I don't use it very often, and is collecting dust, as I prefer to play most games using a keyboard. Looks like it has a rough future ahead now. =P

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of, I really should play Skullgirls some time soon.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
I've actually been thinking about getting a fightstick, because I don't know of any controller that has 6 buttons. They're kind of expensive though...
If you're strapped for cash, get a controller. There's a lot of good quality controllers out there and there's a lot of bad ones. I personally use a Steelseries 3 Wired that I got for 20 USD and I've had it for nearly a year with little to no problems when it comes to a traditional controller.

However, if you want to go the extra mile, fightsticks are possible. However, they can range from ultra-cheap (50 USD) to very expensive (200+ USD).

I don't know, man, Gus is terrifying on keyboard. Like, so good, I don't WANT him to get a fight stick or controller.

>Last Match VS Gus
>Controller gets unplugged by cat

I have one with a layout similar to a PS2 controller, though I don't use it very often, and is collecting dust, as I prefer to play most games using a keyboard. Looks like it has a rough future ahead now. =P
The one I use (Steelseries 3) has a similar scheme and I prefer to use it over my other wired controller (a 360 styled one). Anything > Nothing.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Gonna have to test his skillz sometime. Huehuehuehuehuehue.

Protip: You can use PS3/PS4 controllers on a PC. All you need is to get the requisite drivers for them, which is incredibly easy to do with a little Google-ing. I'd recommend using those controllers if you have them before anything else.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Skullgirls interests me as well.

But the question is: are there sexy male fighters too? I need my daily dose of bishounens.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

But the question is: are there sexy male fighters too? I need my daily dose of bishounens.
In about 5 Months there will be one. Beowulf and his chair THE HURTING!

If you were expecting me to be at absolute zero, I'm afraid you set up yourself for disappointment.
You're still at the very least, as Cold as Ice. :cool:

Get it now. If there's anything I regret, it's not buying it when Squigly was free.
Hey, at least you can grab Big Band for free for the next week, until July 23rd.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

I don't know if he counts, but Beowulf should be coming up some time in the future.

As of right now, though, the only male is Big Band.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Sadly, nothing to see here except for lumberjack-looking mother****ers and big brass.

If you were expecting me to be at absolute zero, I'm afraid you set up yourself for disappointment.
Maybe not being an absolute zero, perhaps. :troll:

Smooth Criminal

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Well... GameXplain's Smash videos are degrading fast. RobinsavingLucinaissexistapparently
They were already degrading fast. Rather, they've already degraded to an extremely low point.

Pac-Man in the clouds.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Pitbull couldn't rap his way out of a paper bag.

Well... GameXplain's Smash videos are degrading fast. RobinsavingLucinaissexistapparently
Did they make there analysis of the new trailer yet? I like their Smash videos; their commentary and reasoning is, for the most part, not cringeworthy. Well, maybe except the little snippet with Derek about Lucina being more interesting because Smash needz moar chix.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Beowulf doesn't look too bad. Though, he's kinda on the bara side lol. nothing wrong with that

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Best way to learn a fighter

Spend about an hour in training learning a combo

Play a real match, panic, and forget said combo, so you just resort to spamming garBAGE DAY special moves
Or do as I do: play TTT2 all the characters in Arcade mode to find 2 characters you're good with (in my case it's Leo and Dragunov) and then play non-stop on Ghost Battles for hours on end while you hone your skills on ever-increasingly difficult AI opponents because I don't have online.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
So? Eminem and Pitbull are white, and they're just about the best rappers around.
Eminem is great, but Pitbull? Really? Mr. I-Can't-Really-Do-Anything-Without-Someone-Else's-Name-Attached-To-Mine?
[\spoiler]

Or you can search here.

This is what funny people sound like, dude.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
MELTY BLOOD + KEYBOARD MASTER RACEEEEEEEEEEE

(I played smash64 for crazy amounts on keyboard for 5-6 years). Melty's a bit more smooth in controls IMO and isn't all quarter circle hijynx, keyboards are pretty stable for it.

Last edited:

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
If they are Motion Plus, then most likely yes. Otherwise I'm unsure.

It's most likely gonna be able to be play using the Gamepad, Pro Controller, Gamecube Controller, Wii Classic controller (since it still used the GC adapter), Wiimote Plus & 'Chuck, and Wiimote Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom