• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can't stand cute avatars though so it will literally only last until tomorrow at the most.
or, right now, thrown to the depths of the avatar folder.
What are you saying.

Your Ashley avatar was the cutest one I have ever seen of her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just finished Metroid Fusion on the Wii U VC.

I give it a 8/10, but I would have added 1 more point if it hasn't so many annoying bosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't like Robin X Lucina.

No matter what alternate timeline you have or whatever, Robin still first met Lucina as a baby.
Him taping that later on is just creepy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No matter what alternate timeline you have or whatever, Robin still first met Lucina as a baby.
Wouldn't be the first time. Like... quite common in time travel stories to have this whole "meeting the same person at different times of their life - the impacts each one has/had". And when it's alternative genders and aren't related, it's always a love story~

Robin Williams as the Bicentennial Man; the granddaughter of his owner who he originally fell in love with becomes the love interest. Portia even rhymes with Lucina... kinda.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I don't like Robin X Lucina.

It bothered me as well.

Robin,

Dude. Listen to me.

Your best friend just made that.:054:

Though from a moral standpoint, it's alright. For all intents and purposes, Lucina is an adult with a matured sense of judgment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I just watched every single trailer on the website in a row. From the E3 2013 trailer to the Robin and Lucina trailer. I got an hype overdose, but I regret nothing.

Anyway, with Fire Emblem getting 4 characters and Lyn returning as an Assist Trophy, I think it's possible we may see more Assist Trophies from the series. Some ideas:

Micaiah - Uses the light tome Thani that shoots light bombs from above. Much like how it was effective against horseback and armored units in the original game, in Smash this would be translated to possessing shield breaking proprieties.

Black Knight - Using the sword Alondite, Black Knight shoots powerful projectiles at far away enemies, while delivering mighty blows to nearby foes.

Validar & Risen - The evil leader of the Grimleal would use the tome of Grima's Truth to launch projectiles, which upon hitting the floor would spawn Risen zombies. The zombies could be attacked by players. Validar's projectiles could also hit the players directly, though they wouldn't spawn zombies.

Caineghis - Appears on his human form shortly before transforming into his lion form, ramming mercilessly the opposing players.

Tiki, Nowi, Kurthnaga, Ena, or pretty much any Manakete or dragon laguz - Would act similar to Caineghis, except they would transform into dragons and breathe powerful blazing projectiles at foes.

Archer unit - Self-explanatory, I suppose. Would shoot arrows at opponents similarly to Link and Pit's special moves. Opponents hit in midair would receive more damage, as an allusion to archers' usefulness against aerial units. Could be a generic soldier or any of the many recruitable archers like Rolf, Shinon or Virion.

Dancer or heron - Using dances or galdr, these Assist Trophies would help the summoner by improving him/her and allies in a designated range. Improvements would include speed or attack power.

So much potential for FE Assist Trophies, given the many characters and classes.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
There should be an Assist Trophy that causes Emmeryns to rain from the sky.

I'd say Tharja is pretty likely (unfortunately), just due to her popularity. Probably conjure up pools of dark miasma that will bubble up and harm enemies.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Hoo. Haven't been on this site in years. Don't recognize any of you.

Getting hype about Smash 4, though, so I've dusted off the account.

So many great looking new characters. Hard not to get excites.

Also beware because I may steal your Lucina avatars for use on another site.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There should be an Assist Trophy that causes Emmeryns to rain from the sky.
That made me laugh more than I should have. :laugh:

I'd say Tharja is pretty likely (unfortunately), just due to her popularity. Probably conjure up pools of dark miasma that will bubble up and harm enemies.
If you play as Robin, she'd go yandere and stalk him/her for the whole match. :troll:

Anyway, yeah, I don't understand Tharja's popularity, when she's such a creepy and disturbing character. >_>

Tiki is also a likely candidate to appear as an Assist. Or maybe Anna.

Welcome back to the boards! Though, I don't know you. :p

And yeah, the new characters are great.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I think I just gave you your first like

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Anyway, yeah, I don't understand Tharja's popularity, when she's such a creepy and disturbing character. >_>
First I should say I like your Assist Trophy ideas. :D Things like dragons are great, since they don't have to program persistent AI for something that just like blows up the stage or something. In general, I don't expect a lot of Assist Trophies like Magnus, Saki or Samurai Goroh for that reason. The ones you have make sense for the developer.

Onto Tharja, yeah, not a big fan of her. Feels like a teenager's fan-fic self-insert "dark and mysterious" character that they would throw into anything they liked. Especially with her obsession over Robin. For what it's worth, I actually like her design, though. The new Dark Mage is way cooler than the old generic dark wizard bootleg Emperor Palpatine knock-off they had before.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Best potential Fire Emblem stage.

Walhart (the manager) can even be a hazard.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Onto Tharja, yeah, not a big fan of her. Feels like a teenager's fan-fic self-insert "dark and mysterious" character that they would throw into anything they liked. Especially with her obsession over Robin.
Tharja best girl. You guys are boring. ¦(

My opinion is totally perfect and not at all arguable or disagreeable. =D

P.S.: Lucina's actually my favorite even though I've never played Awakening in the first damn place. Dat darkness booty tho

And just for clarification, remember folks! This is what we call, a JOKE! *gasp* D:

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Honestly, outside Lucina the only non main character I'd want (and nobody will agree with me) would be Inigo. Mofo's a playah.

And, yeah. Likes are new to me, here. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

Best potential Fire Emblem stage.

Walhart (the manager) can even be a hazard.
Was going to parody Walhart's "Stand up and fight!" line, but I couldn't think of anything.

Is it bad that I just thought of Walmart trying to take over the world during that part of the game?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
It amazes me how many people still don't know the difference between the Wii and the Wii U.
I don't get how people think that the WiiU is just an updated version of the Wii, but had no confusion whatsoever with the 3DS.

Add a letter at the end of the title, and show off a different looking console and stress its giant gimmick.
"Duh what? Must be a Wii upgrade."

Add a 3 to the beginning of a handheld (when it is coincidentally the the 3rd major DS, after the original and the DSi), and literally say "It's a DS in 3D."
"We're not idiots! It's a whole new system!"

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I don't get how people think that the WiiU is just an updated version of the Wii, but had no confusion whatsoever with the 3DS.

Add a letter at the end of the title, and show off a different looking console and stress its giant gimmick.
"Duh what? Must be a Wii upgrade."

Add a 3 to the beginning of a handheld (when it is coincidentally the the 3rd major DS, after the original and the DSi), and literally say "It's a DS in 3D."
"We're not idiots! It's a whole new system!"
It's kind of funny actually, most people around here (particularly parents) refer to the 3DS as a "DS3" even when they go to Walmart and ask the guy there to get the system out of the case they ask for a "DS3". Sometimes a wife will be with her husband and they'll look at a game for their kid and the husband will go "look, there's a DS game" then the wife will point at the 3 and go "No, see. DS3".

At LEAST they recognize it as a new system... now if only they can call it by it's actual name, then we'll be in business.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Remember everyone: SmashBoards is 'E' for Everyone. :)
Nah.
Realistically, I'd say it's

T for Teen
- Intense Arguments
- Strong Language
- Crude Humour
- Implied Sexual Themes

Was going to parody Walhart's "Stand up and fight!" line, but I couldn't think of anything.
"Step up and shop!"

Is it bad that I just thought of Walmart trying to take over the world during that part of the game?
That's close to my theory.
Walhart was taking over all those nations to expand his business and build more Walmarts.

It amazes me how Nintendo would name a console the "Wii U".
Personally, I think Nintendo was just cocky with the success of the DS and Wii, so they thought people would just but whatever they sold with the Wii and DS names.

And they just got lucky with the 3DS.
And once they saw the 3DS was doing so well, they thought they didn't even need to put any effort into promoting the Wii U.

EDIT: DOUBLE POST! RAAAAAGG!
CURSE YOU GLITCHY MOBILE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
So wait;

For this Club Nintendo Platinum thing, if I redeem a game reward, can anyone use the code to redeem the prize?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom